Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 20:57   #91
Senior - BHPian

Pranava,

Formula 1 Scratch out is just average and is good for only small scratches like when people with jeans which have metal buttons at back take cars support and cause scratches or people with metal bracelet watches
Any other big scratch is just difficult to remove using it and we need a rubbing compound for that.
Old 11th June 2009, 21:02   #92
BHPian

Does anyone have pic of dark Grey Linea? I' love to see it.
The Linea site is still not showing this color.

Last edited by manish7 : 11th June 2009 at 21:03.
Old 11th June 2009, 21:24   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Does anyone have pic of dark Grey Linea? I' love to see it.
The Linea site is still not showing this color.
That color is called - TECHNO GREY. I read somewhere that it has arrived in Indian showrooms. Its a good colour. Have a look here at fiat linea global site

- Fiat Linea - Go to colour configurator and see techno grey Linea.
Old 12th June 2009, 13:29   #94
BHPian

I saw it the morning it arrived, which was yesterday. Its at Rama Motors, Okhla New Delhi.
Old 12th June 2009, 13:59   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Nice to see the designer in you coming out.White looks awesome.Good you waited.Makes sense to do away with the silver grill and fog lamp cover. Black is the way to go.

Actually decided on the white linea when I saw The Linea Monte Bianco ! Black will make the front of the vocal white car stand out and make it more aggressive.

Raj if you are reading this maybe you can get your grill and fog holders black as well and your black beauty will look sexier.
I think that the silver grill actually stands out in a black car and makes it look quite cool. A black grill on a black car will just plain get lost. Just my 2 bits.

Let the mirrors be white and get the brake calipers in the bright ferrari red/or red closer t the fiat monogram red, they will look fab with black wheels.
I know I won't get the wheels in vocal white unless I get power coating done on the original ones. Or I could try and get some aftermarket black ones but finding something in 98 PCD is not going to be easy.

Thats just my 2 cents am sure you have some pretty neat ideas yourself
Thanks though for the input !
Old 12th June 2009, 14:32   #96
BHPian

Love the Lullaby Blue !
Old 15th June 2009, 11:59   #97
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Am facing an issue which has resurfaced. Yesterday whenever i braked i could hear some humming sound from the brakes, am confused as to what it is . Sometimes the sound isnt there and sometimes its there, whats the problem?
Coolboy, is the humming sound coming especially at low speeds? I have a similar problem of humming noise at low speed even without braking.

Service advisor has reported issue with front tyres. have an appointment with Goodyear service guy in 2 days. Lets see...
Old 15th June 2009, 12:28   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Coolboy, is the humming sound coming especially at low speeds? I have a similar problem of humming noise at low speed even without braking.

Service advisor has reported issue with front tyres. have an appointment with Goodyear service guy in 2 days. Lets see...
Yea yeah JRD you got it right. Its at low speed but i noticed it when i brake even lightly this humming sound comes and its not regular, sometimes it comes and sometimes it doesnt.

Go over broken roads, ask someone else to drive and sit in the rear seat with audio off and ACC at fan speed lowest, there is a lot of sound that those Goodyears make. Rear seat occupants can easily hear it.
DO keep us updated about the progress.
Old 15th June 2009, 12:52   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Yea yeah JRD you got it right. Its at low speed but i noticed it when i brake even lightly this humming sound comes and its not regular, sometimes it comes and sometimes it doesnt.

Go over broken roads, ask someone else to drive and sit in the rear seat with audio off and ACC at fan speed lowest, there is a lot of sound that those Goodyears make. Rear seat occupants can easily hear it.
DO keep us updated about the progress.
Is the sound like "friction"? I mean not continuous/ longer but just a momentary "humm" type? & is it only at low speed? Does it come just a second before the car is about to stop completely standstill?
If answer to all these are "yes", then its normal.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:05   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Is the sound like "friction"? I mean not continuous/ longer but just a momentary "humm" type? & is it only at low speed? Does it come just a second before the car is about to stop completely standstill?
If answer to all these are "yes", then its normal.
YES VP,
Who told you all these things and why dont we face this thing in other cars?
I mean car is at 5-10 km/h after i brake and this humm comes and goes away.
Why does this happens and how is it normal?
Its just a "HUMM" and goes away as soon as i floor accelerator again

VP,
Did you see air filter being cleaned? Have any idea where is it? AC cooling of your car increases because of air filter cleaning.
Last week got my Scorpio air filter cleaned and there was a lot of diff in cooling, it had done 9000 kms after previous service.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:14   #101
BHPian

I initially heard that humming noise. It's not there anymore. Guess it's the ABS settling in. I ignored it on the same grounds, and after a couple of hard braking moments on a highway drive, it's disappeared.

I think Karthik had the same issue earlier and was given the ABS explanation from a technician.

BTW the idea of a good ICE setup is to get over the goodyear NOISE setup..

Last edited by pranava999 : 15th June 2009 at 13:17.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:20   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
BTW the idea of a good ICE setup is to get over the goodyear NOISE setup..
NOISE CANCELLATION DEVICES. LOL
I should have thrown away these Goodyears the same day i took delivery and should have put on Michelin XM1 tyres, they are very good.
I didnt know Goodyears make so much noise, never had the opportunity to try them,
Santro came with bridgestones, Scorpio came with bridgestones, new Santro came with MRF and Linea with these silence destroyin Goodyears
Why oh why didnt i change them, will have to wait till 30-40 k kms now.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:21   #103
BANNED

Quote:
YES VP,
Who told you all these things and why dont we face this thing in other cars?
I mean car is at 5-10 km/h after i brake and this humm comes and goes away.
Why does this happens and how is it normal?
Its just a "HUMM" and goes away as soon as i floor accelerator again

VP,
Did you see air filter being cleaned? Have any idea where is it? AC cooling of your car increases because of air filter cleaning.
Last week got my Scorpio air filter cleaned and there was a lot of diff in cooling, it had done 9000 kms after previous service.
The sound I'm talking about is like something is just sticking to a surface & goes away in a moment. This comes particularly on Low speeds-High Braking means at low speeds when you break to take the vehicle to a stand-still. It does not come in High Speed - High Braking, High Speed - Low Braking & even Low Speed - Low Braking (means at low speeds you just break slightly but not suffient enough to take vehicle to standstill). If you're talking about this sticking like sound, it is normal. Had discussed this with Fiat Manager, he explained the mechanical details also which I do not remember right now

The Air Filter is right in front of you when you open the bonnet. Its just 5-6 inches inside of the front bonnet edge. There are 3 tiny aluminium screws holding it together with the Engine Assembly (I think it was Engine Assembly, not sure). The Air filter has a grill like look & in shape of a rectangle.
Let me know if you still not get it. I'll post a pic

Last edited by VahanPujari : 15th June 2009 at 13:24.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:54   #104
JRD
BHPian

The sound right before the car stops is normal... but the humming is a tyre issue. (try going down a ramp in a basement in 2nd gear about 10 to 15km/h and you'll see what I mean.)

GT3's are prone to this problem... I have goodyears in 2 other cars and they work absolutely fine. I mean they are no XM1's in terms of road noise but grip and brake feel is exceptional.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:02   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Low speeds-High Braking , High Speed - High Braking, High Speed - Low Braking & even Low Speed - Low Braking
WoW. What a great classification for breaking!!!. I guess you can only do that VP. Cheers!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks