Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 14:21   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
The sound right before the car stops is normal... but the humming is a tyre issue. (try going down a ramp in a basement in 2nd gear about 10 to 15km/h and you'll see what I mean.)

GT3's are prone to this problem... I have goodyears in 2 other cars and they work absolutely fine. I mean they are no XM1's in terms of road noise but grip and brake feel is exceptional.
Got it, JRD. I also always felt Road Noise slightly higher than what it should be at low speeds. Pls share the cause/ solution once you meet GoodYear service
Old 15th June 2009, 14:24   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
The Air Filter is right in front of you when you open the bonnet. Its just 5-6 inches inside of the front bonnet edge. There are 3 tiny aluminium screws holding it together with the Engine Assembly (I think it was Engine Assembly, not sure). The Air filter has a grill like look & in shape of a rectangle.
Let me know if you still not get it. I'll post a pic
It will be very good if you post the picture
I can only see 3 bolts on the engine cover and they cannot be opened by a screwdriver we can only open it up by using that size spanner. Is it the same thing what am talking about? I feel the air filter is there only.
Also what about pollen filter? Did they clean it as well? Linea has a pollen filter as well.

Quote:
WoW. What a great classification for breaking !!!. I guess you can only do that VP. Cheers!!!
geeash, what do you intend to "break"
Is it a leg pulling day? VP and I pulled Pranav's then you pulled VP's and i pulled yours its my turn now
Old 15th June 2009, 15:19   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
It will be very good if you post the picture
I can only see 3 bolts on the engine cover and they cannot be opened by a screwdriver we can only open it up by using that size spanner. Is it the same thing what am talking about? I feel the air filter is there only.
Also what about pollen filter? Did they clean it as well? Linea has a pollen filter as well.
Yes, those same 3 bolts (sorry i mentioned screws earlier) are holding that air filter there. open them with the spanner & thats the air filter.

Don't know about pollen filter. I was doubtful whether he cleaned air filter so asked him to show it to me & hence know about air filter. what is pollen filter
Old 15th June 2009, 15:38   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
geeash, what do you intend to "break"
Oops. Thats a nice one. Wait for my turn on you.

Quote:
what is pollen filter
I dont know. But the manual lists it among one of the filters to be cleaned. Next time when some one goes for service kindly get more info on this.

Last edited by geeash : 15th June 2009 at 15:40.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:03   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Don't know about pollen filter. I was doubtful whether he cleaned air filter so asked him to show it to me & hence know about air filter. what is pollen filter
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Oops. Thats a nice one. Wait for my turn on you.
VP,
Pollen filter is also there in Linea, it purifies the air which goes to the cabin when we use AC, air filter cleans the air which goes to engine. 2 separate filters for Linea are there. I will ask SA to clean both and let me know where pollen filters are placed, they have to be replaced every 15000 kms.

geeash,
, I would be careful from now.
Old 17th June 2009, 11:38   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Mr Rajeev Kapoor,
I am a proud owner of a FIAT Linea emotion pack 1.4 and also a member of Team BHP (Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home) which is India's biggest automotive forum with 47,691 members. I have noticed that Fiat-Tata are helpless in servicing or removing faults from Linea cars.
Its bad that Fiat is not giving consumer services so early in its new car's life, i feel afraid as to what will happen after warranty and

Got a call just now from Tata motors regarding head office asking about my email to them. I told them about Team BHP and the threads here, he said he saw VP's plastic part falling images. Told him :
1. Height Adjustable seat comes down on it own after a few days or few hours. He confirmed this and said they have gor a lot of feedback regarding it and have forwarded everything to FIAT. Fiat has started working on it and assured that whenever new mechanism comes i will be called and informed to get it changed at my service centre.

2. Chrome falling apart issue : Told him that the chrome strips are so expensive then why fiat used 2 re vala glue? The chrome strips keep falling off, he confirmed that too and said we have rectified this problem. If it has fallen, get it fixed at service centre fiat has got new adhesives for it.
Dont know he was bluffing or saying truth.

I told him about Carspg Linea and he said it has been given back to its owner. I told him that how can be service centre so irresponsible to scratch the rear bumper while repairing the car. He aplogised and said he will take care of this and forward this complaint.

He assured me that Fiat-Tata are listening to all complaints and i shouldnt worry and should be proud that i own a fiat. He said that we fiat owners can already see a change in service levels and within 3-5 months we will see a big difference in service levels. I was told to report any problem even small to tata motors and it will be taken care of. He told me to go to RAMA motors or ABS motors as they are the best workshops of north delhi and said i will never face a problem there.

I am very happy and had a long chat of around 20 mins with that man.
Things have definitely changed, very very good service from tata-motors.
tata-fiat just keep on going, Linea n Punto should change the face and image of fiat now.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 17th June 2009 at 11:47.
Old 17th June 2009, 12:19   #112
BHPian

Glad to hear that you got a response from them. My car has been given back to me but bumper issue and rattling sound from parcel tray has not been taken care of. I've e-mailed Fiat about the same.

Thanks for bringing my case to their attention as well!!
Old 17th June 2009, 12:28   #113
BANNED

Quote:
A brief introduction
The search for a sedan began in 2009, 1 year after our Scorpio 2006 model met with a horrible accident at UNA, himachal pradesh ( we visit himachal 3-4 times in a year). My worst fears came true and with dad at drivers seat car lost complete control at a sharp turn at 60-70 km/h and toppled 3 times.
We 4 came out unharmed and after that the scorpio never went to Himachal.

Which Sedan to pick

1. First option was the Hyundai Verna crdi with one stonker of an engine(CRDI) Only problem with it was No AIRBAGS even in the top end model and with further calculations thought that petrol engine will suit us, i wasnt convinced about its handling too after 100-120 speeds. Went to Deep hyundai to look for it, get a quote and it was closed.

2. Sideby was a Tata-Fiat Techno auto showroom with Red Fiat badge glowing to its full glory. Dad asked me to come in and have a look. I told him that if we arent going to buy a Fiat car then why should we waste time too. Dad insisted and went inside. A Flamence red Linea was there near the entrance. Never thought Linea looked so beautiful, made rounds around the car and then said to my heart that this car deserves a test drive.

The showroom guy said Demo car isnt there and he will come next day at 11 am. Waiting starts, call him at 2 pm and he says will bring the car around 4 pm. Finally a silver petrol Linea came , had a TD and yes engine was sluggish below 1800 RPM, everything else was top notch from handling to braking and build quality.
For 10-12 days, read all reviews on team bhp and made up my mind, we got the money ready and thought to book the car on 1st april (April fool's day),
on 30th dad got a offer to buy a ANHC SMT 2500 kms run car for 8 lakhs. After 2 days of fight we finally settled again for Linea and booked a EMOTION PACK 1.4 LINEA SILVER on 1st arpil.

Booking was smooth and my dealership TECHNO auto promised delivery by 13-14th. Called him on 6th and told him to give me chasis number as i want car by 14th or else i will cancel the booking as had to go to himachal around 5th may and had to complete run in by then. He said car has not yet started its journey. Got a surprise call on 7th to take away the car as someone was not able to make the payment of his car. I became extra vigilant and checked the car thoroughly. Paid the money next day and took the car back home. Got floor mats, mud flaps, body cover, perfume as freebies.

Initial driving experience
Car has now completed 2500 kms and has completed one 1200 kms round trip to hills of himachal and back.
Here are my observations:

Engine:
Many talks have been done about the engine being poor or "underpowered" as some say. 1st gear is too short and even 2nd felt sluggish when i took the car. Once car is above 1800 RPM, its own its own and gulps speed nicely. There is not turbocharges but Linea behaves this way only.
I dont know whether i got adjusted to the engine but now it feels opened up and 2nd gear onwards my Linea gives that good feeling of being pushed into the seat though very little i agree. In my Long trip car was cruising effortlesslt at 120-130 and max i touched was 155 when a Honda Ciy vtec started fiddling with me to get defeated. Even in hills, 3rd gear did the job mostly and only sometimes i had to use 2nd gear even as car was full with 5 people and boot full too. I find the engine adequately powered and those who say Linea will become a DOT IN THE MIRROR, i can just say that till chandigrah, i was at drivers seat and only a Skoda laura, honda accord and a BMW passed me whom i nicely gave way as i didnt want to hold them and even i couldnt.

Suspension, Braking and Stability
The best part of the car after the looks of the vehicle. The potholes are all nicely taken by suspensions though with a "thud" sound which tells you hit a pothole. Suspension setting is soft and it shows how nicely the car takes on bone jarring holes in our roads.
Stability is mind blowing. 1260 kg of weight has a added advantage here and even at 155 car was sticking to the road and asked for road but there was no space. In hills, all hairpins were taken nicely which inspires so much confidence.
Brakes are awesome too. I tasted ABS for first time and those who drive non ABS scorpio know what i am telling. The brakes are too good for the car and car stops without any fuss.

Features and fuel efficiency
Do i need to speak? There are loads and loads of them. MID, Blu n Me, remote boot opener, speed vol control (learnt yest after reading here) etc. Car is loaded to the brim.
In city FE is hovering between 11-12, all with FULL AC. Best i got was 11.5 and worst was 10.1.
On highways with spirited driving i managed 14.1 on tankful at chandigrah and hills returned FE ranging from 12.6 to 13.2.

CONS OF LINEA

Tata-Fiat A.S.S
Biggest hurdle for anyone buying Linea. It will take time for people to believe in the car and the company. My experience has been good so far. Have got mutiple calls from TATA about dealers and on one complaint to Mr. Mangesh, service centre people came rushing to my house. The dealer forgot to give me code card and mixed it with other cards, then had to rush to their workshop 25 kms one side to match my card. FIAT mechanic wasnt there and they were asking instructions on mobile on how to operate tech2 scanner.

Road Noise:
This is a issue which is irritating me again and again. Road noise is too much over rough tarmac. People say its GOODYEAR tyres which are culprit but i dont know what is the problem.

Plastic parts,
Arent they too delicate? Took the delivery of the car and broke the front AC vent the same day. Service centre people said "Humbe pen se adjust kar diya uskae face, yeh theek nahi ho sakta, humein dashboard kholna hoga", came back home sadly.

Seat height adjuster
Whatever i do, after 2 days the seat height level comes down. Dad and me put the seat at max height level and after 2 days the seat comes down on its own.

IMAGES NOWAttachment 144123

Attachment 144124

Attachment 144125

Attachment 144126

Attachment 144127

Attachment 144128

Those seat covers look nice for 7500 K looks good VFM !
Old 17th June 2009, 12:35   #114
BANNED

Quote:
He said that we fiat owners can already see a change in service levels and within 3-5 months we will see a big difference in service levels.
I was told the same thing by Fiat Manager who came & met me that there will be a further visible change within 3-6 months
Old 17th June 2009, 13:11   #115
Senior - BHPian

Now that punto is launched with impeccable pricing. It is going to be selling volumes. now i fear linea will be sidelined......
Old 17th June 2009, 13:59   #116
Senior - BHPian

Hypercar,

Thanks mate. Good that you liked the seat covers.

geeash,
Punto should see good volumes but why you think Linea will sidelined ?
I mean if Punto sales pick up people who fear fiat will be inclined more towards it and not everyone needs a hatchback, the diff between Punto E+ and Linea E + is around 1.5 L but hey you get a sedan for that with that beautiful rear.
Maano yaa na Manoo Linea is more beautiful than Punto and its a sedan with 500 L boot. Also if Linea and punto together manage 3000 units spare problem will never be there.
If you had been given a option of Punto or Linea what would you have taken? I wanted a sedan and picked one, maybe fiat can now snatch more honda and ford customers.
Old 17th June 2009, 14:23   #117
BHPian

I think I would have opted for the hatch as it would be easier to find parking for and a more city friendly car. I need rear parking sensors with the Linea..
Old 17th June 2009, 14:27   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
I think I would have opted for the hatch as it would be easier to find parking for and a more city friendly car. I need rear parking sensors with the Linea..
Pranava,
See its acc to everyones need. We have a Santro xing for going to markets and gym.
Scorpio was bought for both purposes but after accident if was declared unfit for highway use by family and now the beast scares small cars in city and is the best vehicle for city i must say, 1st off the red light, noone dares to come in front at a roundabout

Linea was bought for long trips and highway purposes and a boot half the size of Linea wouldnt have been enough. I must say that even at 150 Linea is so planted i wonder how Punto will be like though both cars built on same platform.
Old 17th June 2009, 15:07   #119
Senior - BHPian

Already the A.S.S is out of sorts as they are not able to handle linea due to volumes of indica and safaris and sumos. If GP too turns up good volume then linea should go to the corner as nano ( already booked in bulk and will be delivered from july) and indigo vista will also come in bulk..........
I started having this fear. Lets hope this will not turn true
Old 17th June 2009, 15:12   #120
Senior - BHPian

No worries.
I talked with CSM,They have a plan to open new service station national wide for Premium Tata/Fiat cars especially Linea and safari.
Might be servicing within 6 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks