Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2009, 18:26   #121
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
No worries.
I talked with CSM,They have a plan to open new service station national wide for Premium Tata/Fiat cars especially Linea and safari.
Might be servicing within 6 months.
Hey Karthik

You seem to be interacting with TATA CSM quite regularly as you mention. How are they? Is it helpful?
Old 19th June 2009, 11:16   #122
Senior - BHPian

NITROGEN air for tyres

Has anyone experienced filling Nitrogen air in Linea's stock tyres? I am tempted to go for it but it will cost 100 bucks here and am not sure how will be the ride and handling after it.
I heard good things about nitrogen air but confused, Linea owners help please.

One more observation, why does the fuel meter indicator goes down all the way after we switch off ignition like in Scooty's , i mean it shoud stay where it is but it goes down till E.
My uncle sat in my car yesterday (just seeing interiors) and said " put atleast 700 ke fuel in 7 lac car, then i told him it goes down after we switch off the car. He was very confused, thank god he didnt say your Linea and my maruti are same in this behaviour
Old 19th June 2009, 11:53   #123
BHPian

I filled Nitrogen in my Linea's Stock tyres. The ride has improved and the tyre noise has come down to some extent (Not vanished). When ever i ride over the pot hole we can know some difference. More than that the main purpose for me to fill was to reduce the temp of air inside when i go long drives. And the tyre pressure does not come down drastically. I check nitrogen every 4 months only.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:00   #124
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from dealership today that the photographs they clicked at the time of delivery with our family and our Linea are being sent to our home. They were confirming the address. Photos were clicked by even Hyundai and Mahindra but they never sent us those photos, am happy and getting the premium feel with fiat.
Got a call that Punto has arrived too and i should come and have a look, will go on saturday and have a TD too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
I filled Nitrogen in my Linea's Stock tyres. The ride has improved and the tyre noise has come down to some extent (Not vanished). When ever i ride over the pot hole we can know some difference.
How much did you pay for nitrogen air? And is there any free top up if within 3 months nitrogen air pressure comes down? So there is a difference in ride quality , will get nitrogen filled up at next tankful.
The problem is that sometimes till 5-7 days Linea lies unused as Scorpio and santro are used and whenever i have to take here out have to get in queue and get air filled up again.
Think nitrogen will solve my issue
Old 19th June 2009, 13:10   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Hey Karthik

You seem to be interacting with TATA CSM quite regularly as you mention. How are they? Is it helpful?
He is in my Friends List.
He is very helpful and often he or me call and exchnage pleasantries.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:26   #126
BHPian

Is this TATA CSM present at a particular dealership?

Here in Hyderabad. Every service centre has a CRM and there will be one guy from TATA motors specific to this dealership to oversee the dealer's activities.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:48   #127
Senior - BHPian

I think,he is taken care of entire TamilNadu.
He often travels to rest of chennai dealers.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:49   #128
Senior - BHPian

Update :

The family photo with our darling Linea was properly delivered at our doorstep in a proper photo frame.
Fiat - tussi great ho and my dealer Techno has finally made me happy, anyone else also got a photo frame with their Lineas at delivery time?
Old 19th June 2009, 13:59   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Update :

The family photo with our darling Linea was properly delivered at our doorstep in a proper photo frame.
Fiat - tussi great ho and my dealer Techno has finally made me happy, anyone else also got a photo frame with their Lineas at delivery time?
My delivery experience was extremely plain. My dealer does not bother & I also do not bother. I've found my own ways of getting things done. I'll now interact with Fiat Coraporate Quality Manager
Old 19th June 2009, 15:25   #130
Senior - BHPian

They took the photo for me too and said it will come to me by courier. i have not recieved it at all. i will ask them today....
Old 19th June 2009, 17:00   #131
Senior - BHPian

Well done tata-fiat

Got a call again from my dealer today about the complaints i had made to them regarding poor plastic parts in the car and seat height adjuster.

Showroom people are sending me a satisfaction note about the calls i received from tata and showroom people regarding my above complaints. I have to sign that note and again they will send it back to tata-fiat.
Till then, this complaints will not close, if i dont sign tata people will again call me to ask why wasnt i satisfied

Fiat
Old 19th June 2009, 19:25   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone experienced filling Nitrogen air in Linea's stock tyres? I am tempted to go for it but it will cost 100 bucks here and am not sure how will be the ride and handling after it.
I heard good things about nitrogen air but confused, Linea owners help please.

One more observation, why does the fuel meter indicator goes down all the way after we switch off ignition like in Scooty's , i mean it shoud stay where it is but it goes down till E.
My uncle sat in my car yesterday (just seeing interiors) and said " put atleast 700 ke fuel in 7 lac car, then i told him it goes down after we switch off the car. He was very confused, thank god he didnt say your Linea and my maruti are same in this behavior
I have gone for Nitrogen filling in all tyres immediately in 2 weeks and can claim that ride quality is much better. Here in Ahmedabad, price varies between Rs.70-Rs.100 per tyre and they provide free topup for next six months. Its very useful for 'speed' drivers on expresways. All modern cars have electronic fuel guage which is activated when we start the engine. The older ones were mechanical and showing the level of fuel in engine off condition also.
Quote:
Update :

I did receive a nice photo from the dealer after 2 weeks of my Linea delivery.
Old 19th June 2009, 20:11   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
I have gone for Nitrogen filling in all tyres immediately in 2 weeks and can claim that ride quality is much better.All modern cars have electronic fuel guage which is activated when we start the engine. The older ones were mechanical and showing the level of fuel in engine off condition also.
I will also go for nitrogen air filling on the very next tankful and maybe after 1st service because they fiddle with tyre pressures. In dwarka, new delhi its 50 per tyre but dont know for how much time they provide free top ups.

Are you sure regarding fuel needle problem? I never knew that, i mean in all cars needle keeps up, strange.
Old 20th June 2009, 10:51   #134
BHPian

@Coolboy007, Here in Chennai they charge Rs.50 for each tyre and for topups they charge flat Rs.50 for all the tyres.
Old 20th June 2009, 14:54   #135
BHPian

I have a problem with the low-fuel warning system. Whenever its close to the reserve mark (i think its 7 litres), it beeps and flashes warnings and the orange light turns on.

BUT, the "Range" shows blank. Now if we are running low on fuel, we want to know range also so we can estimate how long to go before hitting the petrol bunk. The usefulness is lost here.
Does this happen for you guys also?

Most Viewed