Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2009, 16:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice review and straight from the heart.
The safari is indeed a monster and if cared for and tamed properly will give you years and years of faithful service. I prefer to call my safari The BEAR as its a BEast in a cAR's clothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hey AVR, my story goes quite similar to you. Only that i am a few steps ahead. I bought a TCIC which had done 70k, and I pushed it till 350K. Last year I sold her and parked the proceeds in a new 2.2 Dicor.

There is a lot of flak for Safari in this forum. But I have not been convinced otherwise. Unless some manufacture produces a more comfortable, handsome and an almost go anywhere vehicle for under 10 lacs, I think I am going to be a repeat customer of a Safari for my lifetime. I am hoping to add my third successive Safari very soon.
And keep taking very good care of your ride.

I am with you sir. I totally agree with your statement. I believe that whatever the reason this is still one of the best sub 10Lacs SUV that money can buy. The only thing I missed when I bought the beast is an ABS and Airbags. this the company has addressed with the introduction of the GX variant. The second thing I regret is that I should have gone in for a 4x4 variant in my EX. This said I am not going to trade in my BEAR with anything else.

Please also share your experiences and pictures of the journey from 70k kms ro 350k kms. I am all ears and in this case eyes
p.s. if there is already a thread, please point me in the right direction.
Old 9th June 2009, 11:44   #17
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Hey AVR do post some pics of the interiors too.After your description of the interiors really interested to have a peep inside.
Here you go some of the pics:

Things to notice:

- A/C vent fallen inside!
- Use of Orbit and other chewing gum packets for ensuring that vents stop swinging
- Extra switch which just dropped off!
- Paint has worn off so the door openers are black and white!

Jokes apart - These things are rather trivial and there are inherent problems with the Safari interiors so its quite alright. Rather sad for a fairly expensive car to have such interior quality.

Cheers,
AVR
Tata Safari 2004 TCIC EX 4x4 125,000 KM Ownership Review-imag0161.jpg

Tata Safari 2004 TCIC EX 4x4 125,000 KM Ownership Review-imag0162.jpg

Name:  IMAG0163.jpg
Views: 4033
Size:  45.9 KB

Tata Safari 2004 TCIC EX 4x4 125,000 KM Ownership Review-imag0164.jpg
Old 9th June 2009, 17:15   #18
BHPian

Nice pics

Honestly your car seems to have seen some tough times. If thats dust on the vents (pic 3) then you must have driven the wheels off her, more that a couple of times.
Old 9th June 2009, 17:59   #19
BHPian

Hey thanks AVR.
I agree with you.Its trivial when the heart is happy
Have sent you a PM.Do reply.
Old 10th June 2009, 00:04   #20
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umang dutt View Post
Nice pics

Honestly your car seems to have seen some tough times. If thats dust on the vents (pic 3) then you must have driven the wheels off her, more that a couple of times.
You are right Umang it surely has been abused but it wasnt any different when I bought it.

Once it rains, lets do a short trip some place around Abad worth exploring?
Old 13th June 2009, 19:46   #21

Rattling Noise In My Tata Safari Tcic

Can some one help me with the rattling souond with the dickey door and also other door pads also. I'm really getting irritated withthese strange noises.I hv no issues with my car.Its absolutely in perfect conditon. some one pls help me with this.
Old 14th June 2009, 01:41   #22
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedagiri1983 View Post
Can some one help me with the rattling souond with the dickey door and also other door pads also. I'm really getting irritated withthese strange noises.I hv no issues with my car.Its absolutely in perfect conditon. some one pls help me with this.
Totally agree with you man!

I have just tried to get used to it but sure would help to know if there's anything that solves the issue!
Old 14th June 2009, 08:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

if you have one of those central stop lamps on the rear windscreen, that might be a cause of rattling. If that IS the problem, I may be able to help
Best way is to sit in the back and have a friend drive it over the roads that cause rattling
Old 14th June 2009, 09:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Here you go some of the pics:

Things to notice:

- A/C vent fallen inside!
- Use of Orbit and other chewing gum packets for ensuring that vents stop swinging
- Extra switch which just dropped off!
- Paint has worn off so the door openers are black and white!

Jokes apart - These things are rather trivial and there are inherent problems with the Safari interiors so its quite alright. Rather sad for a fairly expensive car to have such interior quality.

Cheers,
AVR
Nice to see one more person swear by Tata. I have had the Sierra, the Sumo and now the Indica. I am pleased to find it to be the one I have had the least problems with. My Indica Turbo has done 117000 in 3 years and is still going strong.

Coming back to your safari, why not have the dashboard replaced with a new one? Since you are in love with your 'baby', I don't think you will mind spending on this.
Old 14th June 2009, 09:28   #25
BHPian

I think your safari deserves a real heavy duty interior cleaning and replacing of minor parts, which will bring it to better condition.
Old 14th June 2009, 13:12   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedagiri1983 View Post
Change all the clips in the doorpads. I can also fibreglass it for you if you can drive around without the doorpads for a week.

Replace the rubber beading of the dickey door. You already know how old it is.

Last edited by shreyasma : 14th June 2009 at 13:13.
Old 14th June 2009, 23:36   #27
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Nice to see one more person swear by Tata. I have had the Sierra, the Sumo and now the Indica. I am pleased to find it to be the one I have had the least problems with. My Indica Turbo has done 117000 in 3 years and is still going strong.

Coming back to your safari, why not have the dashboard replaced with a new one? Since you are in love with your 'baby', I don't think you will mind spending on this.
I did think of it but its about 28K and thats a lot - though the vents are available in the grey market and a trip there has been pending for a while (Next weekend for sure)

While the love for my 'baby' remains strong I guess true love is to love them with their imperfections of which I do a good job!

Cheers,
AVR
Old 17th June 2009, 23:27   #28
BHPian

Fantastic Safari Man, but the Guy who owned first didn't maintained the interiors well. But not a problem, You can DIY to make it new. Just start with STP to restore the carbon fibre looks. You can hide the spare switch and remote box with a USB Hub and IR Recievber like I did. Or you can buy the dummy/working switch from TATA for around Rs. 200

Check the results:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...0&d=1243439962

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...2&d=1243439962

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...5&d=1241386128

The first think, I recommend on a Used car is - Change the MATS and Seat covers. You can't live with them.

And remember, you can remove the A/C Vents(front and rear, but not the roof) completely from the car and wash it in home. And you can use soap oil to wash the carbon fibre cloths, but I recommend SONAX Interior cleaners. For Roof, Use MAX Clean. If you really interested in interior cleaning, you can find some more useful info on my blog at: The very Best of Car Care Products | TATA Safari Club.com

Believe me, I too bought a used TCIC and my Car looked very bad than yours. But now, it looks better than a brand new car and no one believe me if I said its a used car.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 17th June 2009 at 23:46.
Old 18th June 2009, 09:58   #29
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
Fantastic Safari Man, but the Guy who owned first didn't maintained the interiors well. But not a problem, You can DIY to make it new. Just start with STP to restore the carbon fibre looks. You can hide the spare switch and remote box with a USB Hub and IR Recievber like I did. Or you can buy the dummy/working switch from TATA for around Rs. 200

Check the results:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...0&d=1243439962

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...2&d=1243439962

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...5&d=1241386128

The first think, I recommend on a Used car is - Change the MATS and Seat covers. You can't live with them.

And remember, you can remove the A/C Vents(front and rear, but not the roof) completely from the car and wash it in home. And you can use soap oil to wash the carbon fibre cloths, but I recommend SONAX Interior cleaners. For Roof, Use MAX Clean. If you really interested in interior cleaning, you can find some more useful info on my blog at: The very Best of Car Care Products | TATA Safari Club.com

Believe me, I too bought a used TCIC and my Car looked very bad than yours. But now, it looks better than a brand new car and no one believe me if I said its a used car.
Thanks Jennifer for the info. Thanks to you this weekend will be dedicated to baby's upkeep

I surely agree it needs a good interior cleaning job. Will get that done. Have already got new seat covers but replacing the mats makes sense!

Didnt know about those vents being removable. That makes things easier for sure!

Will refer to your blog for all my needs.

Cheers,
AVR
Old 18th June 2009, 13:00   #30
R_R
BHPian

@ibm_jennifer

Wow, man, that's some job. Those of us with old cars still have hope!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks