Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2005, 23:08   #31
BANNED

Well the reason being such problems are not dealers problem i mean the ABS ot the Kumho rubber but yeah the service manual it has been said by GM that it will be given at first service due to new rule..anywayz dealer doesnot cheat like other dealers like national garage or fortpoint who change stock 14 to 15 and take the money in between.. by the way NC dealer is fortpoint
Old 12th June 2005, 23:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
anywayz dealer doesnot cheat like other dealers like national garage or fortpoint who change stock 14 to 15 and take the money in between.. by the way NC dealer is fortpoint
Is it fortpoint? Was it a typo? Whoever the dealer is, it seems you are being handed over a defective car. Please take some stern action. Be it with GM or the dealer. Its is the moral responsibilty of the dealer / GM to get you something good for 10+ lcas buddy.

Last edited by hawkeye : 13th June 2005 at 00:01.
Old 13th June 2005, 00:34   #33
BANNED

Oops sorry about the typo.. its Udit motors.. well car working fine and not defective as yet.. let see..
Old 13th June 2005, 16:52   #34
BHPian

Congrats for the car..
Manual not given till first service by GM...new rule ....most ridiculous thing I heard in ages.
Old 13th June 2005, 17:04   #35
BANNED

Thanx abhay..

i managed to read the manual twice anywayz.. so now probs now
Old 13th June 2005, 18:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Well that has stopped coming complimentary with the Optra nowadays and the dealer has ran out of stock. Any other additive that you recommend??
System G is available at all BPCL stations.
Old 14th June 2005, 00:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On cruise control crusing at 80kmph
hey montoya your cruising speed seems to be increasing day by day !
I think few days ago it was 60
Old 14th June 2005, 01:01   #38
BHPian

correction system g is an ibp product so itll either be there at an ibp outlet or an ioc outlet at the max but not at any bpcl or hp pump for sure
Old 14th June 2005, 09:45   #39
BHPian

Quote:
correction system g is an ibp product so itll either be there at an ibp outlet or an ioc outlet at the max but not at any bpcl or hp pump for sure
I regularly fuel in a particular COCO Bpcl pump in bangalore. They do stock them. And i have seen/brought them in other BPCL pumps where i have fueled in parts of TN too... never been to ibp though.
Old 14th June 2005, 10:29   #40
BHPian

HI Dude,
i have also purchased optra on 8th june...
its a BEAUTIFUL car...
i got the manual with the car...
i got it from Orange Auto Private LTD, Hyderabad.
they where good...
Old 14th June 2005, 20:40   #41
SMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
HI Dude,
i have also purchased optra on 8th june...
its a BEAUTIFUL car...
i got the manual with the car...
i got it from Orange Auto Private LTD, Hyderabad.
they where good...
Interesting, it seems that GM's (new) rule about giving manual along with a car changes from dealership to dealership. Montoya got his car around the same time but he didn't get it.

Anyway , I still smell fishy when a dealer didn't give car manual for some reason or other.

Last edited by SMG : 14th June 2005 at 20:41.
Old 14th June 2005, 21:42   #42
BANNED

i recently got hold of the optra lt non abs and its very nice to drive i must say. the test drive car was in blackk and was a ny edition with 13k on it and still no reg on it. was very nice to drive as well. congrats on the car anyways mate, i really hope u upload the pics by now dude.
Old 18th June 2005, 20:22   #43
BANNED

Run In done

Ok almost done 1000kms..

Car gave 9.2 first time around and this time its given me 8.2 More of City drive i guess..

Anywayz that day while driving a car cut across and i had to brake and the brakes failed to work.. lucky i managed to get away.. that pissed me off so much i went directly to the dealer and got it checked.. constantly the ABS lights keeps coming and i have to restart car for it to dissappear.

Went to dealer and he drove it for some 7kms but light didnot come that time( as the law of mechanics says whenever you have a problem infront of mechanic it dissapers) Then he checked the ABS system and there was some dust in it. He cleaned it and gave me the car back. I drove off and then again the light came on. I called him and he told me that he will get it replaced. Today he ordered for the ABS sensor replacement and i will get it replaced at first service.

Brake seems to make noise like a thud when you brake even from 20kmph and i have also noticed that when i went to test drive the Elantra. It even made the same noise typical of some ABS? What is this noise..

The car tends to heat up alot and recently after it being parked 4hrs in the sun it was boiling hot. Took 15mins to cool off at low(below 18C) temp.. This makes me doubt the film which is said to be 95% heat cut off.. Also the guy told me that the film has antiglare property(otherwise i was going for Vkool) but i failed to notice so?? He told me that most people are going for Ray Barrier in Banglore. Any one in Bangi has it please throw some light on it. Rudra Sir does your car heat so much??

Bulbs are difficult to find. I had ordered 100W ones and the accesory guy got me 145W. He told me this would be better. I refused to take them as i want 100W and not more for safety reasons. Where will i get the bulbs as optra has a different bulbs setting so difficult to find. Does any one have the number of accesories dealers in Opera house. Also since the ABS models have just been removed i feel this one is defective.

Now since i am opening the engine up i noticed that yesterday at speeds of 80kpmh the car seems to fly. Today driving at 60(runin done) there came a Skoda Octavia from behind and started honking. So i just floored her till 100kmph and she was gone. Also 100 feels 120 in it. I feel there is a major speedo error. As car has been adjusted to 15inch tyres i feel they have mis done something. So i am going to check that tomorow maybe by runing another car at 100kmph with her. If there is speedo error i am gonna sue GM for sure

Here are the pics of the Alloys, 12 spoke.

Car from far:-

At night at around 80kmph..

P.S please excuse the quality of pics as i didnot get time to take them properly and also this is done with phone cam with 4x zoom.. Sorry will post better pics soon.
Old 18th June 2005, 20:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Anywayz that day while driving a car cut across and i had to brake and the brakes failed to work.. lucky i managed to get away.. that pissed me off so much i went directly to the dealer and got it checked.. constantly the ABS lights keeps coming and i have to restart car for it to dissappear.

Went to dealer and he drove it for some 7kms but light didnot come that time( as the law of mechanics says whenever you have a problem infront of mechanic it dissapers) Then he checked the ABS system and there was some dust in it. He cleaned it and gave me the car back. I drove off and then again the light came on. I called him and he told me that he will get it replaced. Today he ordered for the ABS sensor replacement and i will get it replaced at first service.

You still don't think it's a defective car? Ignorance or apathy?

Brake failure is a very serious issue. How many close shaves do you think you can live with? I still think you should pull up the dealer, as well as be a little more vocal about your situation. Take it up with whoever you have to at GMI.
Old 18th June 2005, 21:01   #45
BANNED

Tomorow going to test the car. If i find that speedo error is major i will sue GM. GTOs link has given me courage and i have the feel the car is defective. Going to test tomorow head to head. I feel GM has upgraded tyres on 14inch without doing anything to Odo and Chassy/Suspension.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks