Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2005, 21:42   #61
F50
Senior - BHPian

Well, i read the thread for the first time never knew it would be so interesting and funny.
If i was in your place, i ll get my money back and will be driving octy.

You have seen all sorts of problem from missing manuals, kits, bulbs to brake failures, speedo error, ABS probs. In my terminology its called Defective Piece.
How can you react such calmly when you experience a brake failure in your car. God forbid but results could have been devastating.

What are you waiting for man? Waiting for your airbags to deploy when you crusing at high speeds? Make sure it has one.

Wake-up dude, do something and dont react like this.... reading posts may give you encouragement but it depends upon you how to execute them.
Old 19th June 2005, 23:07   #62
BANNED

Quote:
That can be the only reason for this 'grin and live with it' syndrome.
Well Steer and F50 the day the brakes failed to apply once i went directly to dealer and blasted the hell out of him. He checked up car immediately and i have ordered him to change the sesnsors which he has also ordered from GM and it will be getting changed at first service. Regarding the manual i just spoke to GM helpline and they have told me that they are not aware about the manual they will get back to me in day.

Also i have got normal discounts going in market and its less then Corolla, Elantra.
Old 19th June 2005, 23:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

dear montoya

you have complete right to have your own opinion & i also do understand that you might have some issues which we won't be aware of

however don't get us wrong we (team-bhp ians) feel that in some way you have been cheated by giving defective car and/or by not giving you the treatment which you (any customer) deserves
so please don't mind the harsh words

PLEASE DON'T TAKE ANY BIG OR SMALL BRAKE RELATED ISSUE LIGHTLY
IT MIGHT JUST MAKE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE & DEATH

ANOTHER NOTE : DO KEEP ALL RECORD OF PHONE/EMAIL/FAX YOU MIGHT DO/RECEIVE FROM DEALER & GM JUST IN CASE IT WILL HELP YOU.

Last edited by adya33 : 19th June 2005 at 23:15.
Old 19th June 2005, 23:24   #64
BANNED

Thanx alot adya33

Actually its not very easy to get a replacement car. Also the LT 1.8 ABS and 15inchers takes 20days to come after release of order. Anywayz thats different. brake failure can occur on any car and as said by you thats a very important matter therefore i went directly to dealer after cancelling my meeting.

Major problem now is that the film i have put was said to have antiglare property but i failed to find it.

Its extremely difficult in night to drive. Therefore i want to know whether any one having Ray barrier film experiences the same. Also i would like to know are there any anti glare films which are cheap and not heat cutting ones so i can put one of those as i am going for another film on top of this one since this one is very light.
Old 19th June 2005, 23:30   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Major problem now is that the film i have put was said to have antiglare property but i failed to find it.
same as car call the company directly
else go to dealer (since you are saying this one is from know company)

Quote:
so i can put one of those as i am going for another film on top of this one since this one is very light.
i have very limited experience with car films (haven't put any films on my astra)
but from my knowledge I would recomend you to remove those films immediatly (since its causing you trouble at night time)
and film over film is a big NO-NO IMHO
Old 19th June 2005, 23:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Thanx alot adya33

Actually its not very easy to get a replacement car. Also the LT 1.8 ABS and 15inchers takes 20days to come after release of order. Anywayz thats different. brake failure can occur on any car and as said by you thats a very important matter therefore i went directly to dealer after cancelling my meeting.

Its extremely difficult in night to drive. Therefore i want to know whether any one having Ray barrier film experiences the same. Also i would like to know are there any anti glare films which are cheap and not heat cutting ones so i can put one of those as i am going for another film on top of this one since this one is very light.

I am still surprised to know that your major issues are with your films only. Man I am seriously at a loss for words.
Old 19th June 2005, 23:48   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the manual i just spoke to GM helpline and they have told me that they are not aware about the manual they will get back to me in day.

Quote:
of all the things - the MAJOR PROBLEM now is the sun film - which i presume u got from a after market accesory shop ... Hilarious !!

i have tears in my eyes now !
Old 19th June 2005, 23:49   #68
BANNED

I went to the Company in the day. He told me that it is Anti glare. So i will have to go in the night and show him.

Quote:
its causing you trouble at night time
Well the film aint causing trouble. But without antiglare in the glass its causing trouble and the film is not antiglare so thats the problem. Also car heats alot. Since car is black. SO i cant remove the film. Anti glare is very important. I may have to strip of this Ray barrier film bought for Rs.14k and go for Vkool if i fail to find comfortable in night driving.

@ NC - Ray barrier is a reputed brand. Also GM has 3m car film which cuts 40% heat. Wheras i have put 95% heat cut off film. Where do you except me to put car film

Ported - ABS issues to be resolved in first service. Brakes have been checked and the problem was some dust accumulation which has been cleared.

Last edited by Montoya : 19th June 2005 at 23:53.
Old 20th June 2005, 00:05   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ NC - Ray barrier is a reputed brand. Also GM has 3m car film which cuts 40% heat. Wheras i have put 95% heat cut off film. Where do you except me to put car film
But Ray Barrier is after market na? if GM on the production line or the dealer dint put the film up for you rightt ? so that makes it after market accesory !
Old 20th June 2005, 00:13   #70
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ported - ABS issues to be resolved in first service. Brakes have been checked and the problem was some dust accumulation which has been cleared.
How come dust is causing so much problem? I dont understand, ABS problems caused due to dust and brakes too. One question, Did you take your car for a spin on a dirt track?
Old 20th June 2005, 00:32   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Did you take your car for a spin on a dirt track
Nowadays roads are damn dusty. Specially the airport area where you drive on dust. Too fast wind flowing along with dust Plus air pollution. Even noticed Sometimes on uneven roads the ABS light comes on.

Quote:
Hilarious !!
NC buddy Whats Hilarious in after market accesory?
Old 20th June 2005, 04:40   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Nowadays roads are damn dusty. Specially the airport area where you drive on dust. Too fast wind flowing along with dust Plus air pollution. Even noticed Sometimes on uneven roads the ABS light comes on.
I see that the dealer is the only person responsible for all the mess. GM musn't be even knowing of the trouble you are into. The dealer is giving you all the false info about your car. First the manual and the kits, then the sensors thingy and then that the tires are fitted by GM themselves. That's highly impossible dude. The changing of the tire is an aftermarket thing. GM gives you what is there on the official spec list for your car. Anything apart from that is sold and invoiced by the dealer as aftermarket.

Official GM Spec List for Optra

Please, the car is not meant to be avoided from those damn dusty. Yours is not the only car thats been driven out in such conditions. This is no valid argument. Accept that you have got crap for a million u have spent. And please fight for your money. You are absolutely rightful to do that. You are driving a car which has malfunctioning brakes and you are still concerned with the films and the speedo. . If I were you I would have left the car at the showroom and would have asked for a temporary replacement till the car gets fixed. And you say that the new car might take 20 days to get delivered. Dude, its worth the effort waiting all these rather than falling into a pit that the dealer has dug for you.

On the manual part, I just found out from a reliable source of mine (a GM dealer), that the manuals are not withheld and are handed over with the car keys.

I do not have any words for your comments. All I can say is that please wake up, get your acts right and kick the butt out of the dealer.
Old 20th June 2005, 09:04   #73
BHPian

[quote=Montoya]Nowadays roads are damn dusty. Specially the airport area where you drive on dust. Too fast wind flowing along with dust Plus air pollution. Even noticed Sometimes on uneven roads the ABS light comes on.

/QUOTE]

am i supposed to drive the car in a big hall with ioniser system or what??

at last...one word
Old 20th June 2005, 09:40   #74
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Montoya,

You have very evidently been taken for a ride by your "friendly" dealership and GM India. If you dont understand the magnitude of the situation even now, well.....your loss is GM Indias gain. BHPians have gone out of the way advicing you on the most logical next steps forward, but of no avail.

I can just tell you one thing : If it were me who were taking delivery of such a brand new Optra, GM India and that dealership would be spending sleepless nights for a long time to come.

Topic Closed : Not going anywhere productive.

GTO

Suggested Read : Ichibaan Honda Thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks