Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 10:04   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Getz Prime GLS 1.3 - 20K - 1.5 Yrs Report

Hyundai Getz Prime GLS 1.3 - 20K Miles - 1.5 Yrs Report
Initial ownership report here: Fianally Bought GETZ GLS 1.3

Just wanted to post a quick update. Really satisfied with this vehicle and it exceeded our expecations. Thanks again to this forum which helped us come to the right choice. Some observations:
  1. Transmission is very smooth. I am really spoiled because of this and took some time to zero-in on my new Innova comparing it with this.
  2. Very practical vehicle. The 60:40 backseat split is very useful especially travelling to/from airports with oversized baggages
  3. Glad that we took the 1.3 Version as we keep the AC on all the time due to dust/pollution allergies in the family.
  4. We didn't keep strict tabs on mileage but it's adequate. I guess we are getting around 12-14 on an average.
  5. The rear speakers fitted in the doors went bad. Thinking of replacing them with with Sony Xplod 400W ones on the rack. Genuine original ones are being quoted at around INR 3400 including fitting charges and one year guarantee card. Any suggestions welcome. We have a Sony Xplod MP3 player with remote.
  6. The rexin covers are giving off and the top layer comes out exposing the fabric. Need to replace them with better ones later.

Last edited by gmmurali : 10th June 2009 at 10:05.
Old 8th January 2011, 02:08   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Getz Prime GLS 1.3 - 20K - 1.5 Yrs Report

i second that. my 'snowy' is 2005 oct born and 28000 kms old (the scorpio does the job mainly while snowy is used for city rides strictly) and some features of this like the dead pedal, de-mister, rear wiper, anti glare mirror, foldable split seats,amazing interior space etc as well as the big boot are an addiction.
reg gear change -
imagine my state when i jump into doodle the scorpio(n) after a ride on the getz, lol.
all i can add to ur observations is that she is one i want to grow old with.
our love affair is 5 yrs old already and she still looks as fresh as she was when i first laid eyes on her
bravo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks