Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2009, 18:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
trrk, even the DLG/DLX turbo and all dicors (even the DLS) comes with 165/65 R14. I think only some indigos/indica vista come with 175/64R14.

Some Indica DLE's had 155/80 R13. But havent seen any with 75 profile as stock
The 155/80R13s were pre V2 if I remember correctly.

But thanks for confirming that 75 profile was not something which has come as OEM.

My Marina came with 175/65R14. But half of it is replaced by 165/80R14 tyres!
Old 21st June 2009, 09:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Friends,
I stand corrected on the tyre specs.
Indica pre V2 - 155/80 R13
Indica V2 - 165/65 R13
Indica V2 Turbo - 165/65 R14
Indica Vista Safire - 175/70 R13
Indica Vista Aura - 175/65 R14
Indigo / Marina - 175/65 R14
Old 21st June 2009, 09:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

and to add to that,
Indica V2 Turbo DLS =165/65R13
Indica V2 Dicor (all models) 165/65 R14
Indigo CS LE/GLE 165/65 R14

Quote:
Indica Vista Aura - 175/65 R14
I believe you mean the Tdi/Quadrajet.

Last edited by greenhorn : 21st June 2009 at 10:00.
Old 23rd June 2009, 19:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

Just came to know that we had never changed the shock absorbers on the Indica. We had however replaced the fan belt and timing belts at around 95000 kms.

So the report should actually read -
Model: 2006
Distance travelled: 117000 kms
Top Speed: I have hit a indicated 140 with a full load, 4 passengers, complete baggage and camera equipment without breaking in to a sweat. My normal speed ranges between 75-80 (Yes, I am a very sane driver).
Tyre life: OE Bridgestones 165/65 R14 lasted 72000 kms, replaced them with Bridgestone tubeless 175/65/14. Done the remaining distance with still about 50% tyre life.
Major repairs: I once hit a huge unmarked speed breaker at 50 plus, breaking hard at the last minute which resulted in the car diving and cutting off the power steering fluid pipes. Just a replacement of the tubes and topping up solved the problem.

Clutch replaced at 107000 kms. Suspension bushes replaced twice. Fan belt, timing belt replaced once. Replaced only the glass of the RHS ORVM four times. Gets knocked off if a biker hits it.
Mileage: 14+ in city, 21+ on highway. I have done Coimbatore - Bangalore - Coimbatore on a tankful. 50+ kms with the low-fuel warning light on.
Dislikes: A little rattling here and there but nothing serious. Driver side window does not roll up straight, tilts forward and gets stuck. A shove is required to push it back in place and all is well. Haven't been able to fix this permanently.

Satisfaction: You bet. My average running expenses are about 2.50 per km. Cheaper than a bus if two of us are travelling. Can you beat that?

Can the moderators please correct the opening post on this topic for the highlighted & underlined area?

Last edited by discoverwild : 23rd June 2009 at 19:17. Reason: Addition of bold and underline.
Old 5th August 2009, 12:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

1,21,500 kms and counting

No issues with the vehicle with the last service at 118000 kms. Only oil changes. I might have to go in for an earlier tire replacement as the Indica has done hostile terrain for the last 25000 kms, with a lot of rural trips (South Tamil Nadu) and non-stop battering. Probably another 5000 kms later.

The Indica has successfully completed 121500 kms after a recent 1350 km trip from Coimbatore-Rasipuram-Pondicherry-Chennai-Bangalore-Sathyamangalam-Coimbatore. The only mishap was a flat near Chamrajnagar. Most of the roads on the Bangalore - Chamrajnagar route have improved although there is still a lot to be done. I put in about 2600 rupees worth of fuel.

Request the moderators to please change the title to Tata Indica Turbo DLG - 121500 kms report.

Last edited by discoverwild : 5th August 2009 at 13:00. Reason: Moderator request
Old 5th August 2009, 13:02   #36
BHPian

Hi Suraj, your Indica seems to be true VFM car, you did 1350 km's on Rs 2600, that's fantastic, Rs 2600 would get me only about 400 Km's on my car.
Old 5th August 2009, 13:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

wild discover,

You have been extremely lucky with your Indica DLG turbo. Your clutch life seems to be exceptional!! More than 1 lakh kms? Mine i had to change at 40k. Somehow right from the day one i had clutch issues. Needless to say i dont ride clutch. My car has done close to 45k and tyres may last for about 10k more.

I also love my indica turbo. Just the right car for wander nomads!! Wishing you many more miles of troublefree service
Old 13th November 2009, 19:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

127500 kms service

This time the service is being done in stages in a garage, I know.

Engine oil replaced this time with synthetic oil.
Replaced fuel and air filters.

Few niggles to be checked and corrected -
1. Loose contact with the FLH power window wiring. I have located the spot, need to take corrective measures.
2. Beading on the RLH door is loose and needs to be rectified.
3. I keep losing about 3-4 psi in the front left tyre every other day. Could be a very small puncture but still not isolated.
4. Not going in for wheel balancing and alignment as I plan to go in for a change of tyres. The current tyres are slightly upsize Bridgestone S322 175/65 R14 and have done 55000 kms.

Still happy with the car and having fun.
Old 11th February 2010, 22:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

134500 kms service and report

Finally changed my tyres to Continental ContiEcoContact 175/65R14. Price: Rs. 3450 each. Life of earlier set Bridgestone S322 175/65R14 = 62500 kms.

A lot of suspension parts changed. Strut Bush Kits, Balance Rod Bush, Ball Joint Links, Steering Ball Joint, Tie Rod Ends, Steering Boot Kit, Lower Arm Ball Joints and the Left Front wheel bearing. Total expenditure on spares and labour = Rs. 7630. incl wheel balancing, alignment and car wash.

The steering is a bit stiff now and should settle down after some driving. The tyres are absolutely silent. Haven't had a chance to drive the car for more than 5 kms at a stretch. I am sure, ride and handling would have improved.
Old 14th February 2010, 19:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Discoverwild, 134 K is a lot of mileage . You seem to be redefining the "more car per car" punchline with every passing month.

How is the engine coping up? My Indica has notched up 92 k. Still going strong. The only repair it required was the replacement of the starter motor. I think My car will require some attention to the suspension in the next few months.
Old 14th February 2010, 22:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Indica's(NA) are claimed to Run without much problems for 1.5 lakhs kms as per Service Centre.But ,Do You People Idle for 1 minute Religiously on This Turbo Diesel Car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Dislikes - Driver side window does not roll up straight, tilts forward and gets stuck. A shove is required to push it back in place and all is well. Haven't been able to fix this permanently.
The Problem of Door Glass tending to be loose while winding Up,Hand assist needed with My Earlier Indica DLE ,I visited a Local Service Centre.He has some Spray worth Rs250 or So.It is "Plastic and Polyurethane" Spray IIRC(Correct Me) which needs to be sprayed on all doors(glass roll up area) and it is a preventive measure.
I am thinking of buying One for My Vista as well.It is Not the common anti-rust wd-40/dashboard/leather sprays.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
Indica's(NA) are claimed to Run without much problems for 1.5 lakhs kms as per Service Centre.But ,Do You People Idle for 1 minute Religiously on This Turbo Diesel Car?
Always. Both during start and stop. Follow it spiritually. Keep revs low for a few minutes till the engine warms up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Discoverwild, 134 K is a lot of mileage . You seem to be redefining the "more car per car" punchline with every passing month.

How is the engine coping up? My Indica has notched up 92 k. Still going strong. The only repair it required was the replacement of the starter motor. I think My car will require some attention to the suspension in the next few months.
The engine shows no sign of fatigue so far. Going strong.
Old 19th February 2010, 01:18   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
The engine shows no sign of fatigue so far. Going strong.

Cool, Mine is also coming to that mileage. Dont find and signs of fatigue.

Have some work coming for the Rack and pinion. The steering play is more now.
Old 5th March 2010, 18:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

Had the first long drive (only 200 kms - 100 each day) with the new tyres. They are damn silent on the highway and offer phenomenal grip. The ride is softer too.

The LHS front window power switch does not seem to be working. No idea if it is the switch or the motor. Will be having a look at it tomorrow.
Old 14th March 2010, 02:32   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
Model: Oct 2005 Turbo DLG - Bright Red
KMS: 83,000
Use: City and multiple long drives
Ownership Experience: Quite Satisfied - car is comfortable for a small family even on long drives. Driving in the city is OK, parking, reversing etc. very easy. The turbo factor is a boon in the highways - very comfortable to cruise till about 110. Beyond that, I get jittery - don't feel that I have great control beyond 130. Loads of space - Honda Jazz talks about magic seats, the indica has a 60:40 double fold seat and the space it offers is fantastic.
Maintenance: I do oil changes quicker than what is recommended. So the engine still seems really good and smooth. Body rattles are there - nothing major. Most expensive non scheduled maintenance so far has been to do with the ac unit - spent about 8K on that alone. Other than that only regular rmaintenance. Having said this, I somehow seem to be taking this car more often to the workshop than my santro AT. maybe because of the higher usage - but a small niggle here and there requires me to take it to the workshop more often.
Mileage: Haven;t measured milage diligently. But I get 13+ in the city with 100% AC. On highways used to touch 19, now it is closer to 17. I drive as I please - so a careful driver should get 1-2 kms more per litre.

Summary: True VFM car. Very pleased that I bought this car. Now that it is touching 5 years and having clocked reasonable miles, am wondering whether to dispose it off while the car is still good or hold on to it till problems start creeping up. Long term reliability of the engine is my prime concern.
good going bro. Could you please tell us what work was done on the AC; 8k seems to be too high on the repair.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks