Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 21:40   #586
BHPian

Re: Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Drive in 4th gear. Hit 5th on highways.
IMO, thats the easiest way to have good driveability

Gears are tall for city driving, but it makes up for it on the highway.

I don't think its a good idea. Would never advise you for that.
For this car, changing common parts like clutch/ fuel filter is such a complex process.
Its not zen or esteem, hope you get my point.

Performance - Turns into a wild creature
Engine Vibrations - Same but noise increases. Once you start moving you won't feel anything.
Smoke - The box demands a lot of air. You will have to install Green/ K&N filter. Stock filter gets choked easily. Once the filter gets choked it will start smoking.
Clutch wear - Well, my car just crossed 95k mark, still running on stock clutch. Its become hard, but its not slipping yet.
Well, then I might as well get hold of one. But I'm also considering Race dynamics, which has got four map settings, ONE EVEN FOR EXTRA MILEAGE.
The settings can also be changed with a remote controller. And it costs only 20K, as per the Ad in the Autocar, Dec edition.
Old 16th December 2011, 15:02   #587
BHPian

Re: Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithunvvijayan View Post
Well, then I might as well get hold of one. But I'm also considering Race dynamics, which has got four map settings, ONE EVEN FOR EXTRA MILEAGE.
The settings can also be changed with a remote controller. And it costs only 20K, as per the Ad in the Autocar, Dec edition.
Why don't you consider a remap ? I'm considering one at tdi racing, Bangalore.
But due to various reasons ( including deficiency of Vit M ), hasn't be able to do that.

Petes for Getz Crdi is IM(Injection Modulation) type box whereas Race Dynamics, I think, is RPM ( Rail Pressure Modulation) type which is not as good as IM type. Regarding comparison between two, there is a lot of info in the net. Please do some research before purchasing one.
Old 18th December 2011, 20:45   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdrive View Post
Why don't you consider a remap ? I'm considering one at tdi racing, Bangalore.
But due to various reasons ( including deficiency of Vit M ), hasn't be able to do that.

Petes for Getz Crdi is IM(Injection Modulation) type box whereas Race Dynamics, I think, is RPM ( Rail Pressure Modulation) type which is not as good as IM type. Regarding comparison between two, there is a lot of info in the net. Please do some research before purchasing one.
Well, I'm also interested to keep the map at stock settings most of the time, and would like to change to power settings on the go when required. This I think, is provided only by Race Dynamics chip, at present.
Old 25th January 2012, 00:07   #589
Senior - BHPian

After a long hiatus from my ownership thread (and TBHP), am back! The car is closing in on 60k, and is as much of a rocket as it has ever been. Let me summarize a few things that has happened since my last update:
- 50k service onward at Ignite
- Attempted the HID DIY - still pending some alignment set-rights
- ICE ICE BABY!!! Finally got my ICE installed. Will post more details later on that
- Went over a stone on a trip to Ooty with 5 adults and ruptured the C.Drive on my front left
- Closing in on 57,000 now... Looks like married life and a new addition to our family has relatively slowed my odo down

After this long long break from updating my thread, I will hopefully get it back on track like earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@phoen!x, visited this thread after quite some time, with the intention of checking out what the deal was about "driving without diesel" and "different Getz' doing different speeds at same rpm".

Is this DIY 'Getzpecific' or same for the Baleno too ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Phoenix : what happenned to the detailed write up about ur projector setup waiting
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Jayanth,
Any updates on projector setup?

BTW I screwed up my getz right HL reflector auto leveller. Since i saw some dust accumulated in the reflector area, i washed it with water. Now i can hear some noise and i can see HL leveller is not working. Also the long beam for right side bulb is not working.
Looks like time to replace whole HL unit. Any info on cost? Also this time i am planning to get 55/60W Philips extreme vision.
@Biju - Looks like you spoke to a certain Fiat owner who does not have any sort of custom 'headers' in his car It is not different Getz doing different speds, just one Getz taking off faster than the rest!!!

The headlight mod is not car specific, but you have to open up the headlamp enclosure, cut the reflectors to fir the ones I got. The bolt on HIDs that are cheap and ubiquitous are perhaps easy to fit but are a sheer waste.

@aZa - I had the projectors setup, but then owing to the weight of the projectors am not able to get the focus correctly - it is invariably tilting downwards with Highbeam looking more like low beam. I am yet to get that right, didn't find time yet :(

@djay - I got a set for 5500 bucks - OEM Hyundai, but not from A.S.S - but am sure you have yours replaced already...

Last edited by ph03n!x : 25th January 2012 at 00:08.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 08:36   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
@Biju - Looks like you spoke to a certain Fiat owner who does not have any sort of custom 'headers' in his car It is not different Getz doing different speds, just one Getz taking off faster than the rest!!!

Tell me one thing - Why does a certain H Getz D not take off when it meets a certain "unmodified" FIAT?

No TC, NO ABS, NO EBD, NO ESP ?

Jokes apart - Has the top end diminished? Have you looked at cleaning injectors? Remap? Change in FD?
Old 27th January 2012, 00:34   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post

Tell me one thing - Why does a certain H Getz D not take off when it meets a certain "unmodified" FIAT?

No TC, NO ABS, NO EBD, NO ESP ?

Jokes apart - Has the top end diminished? Have you looked at cleaning injectors? Remap? Change in FD?
Hahaha... We never did a drag, did we now?!! And it will have your unmodified FIat for a snack any day, even with the not-so-great handling

The car is fine, top end has not diminished - It still does 170+ effortlessly. I might have to clean the intercooler alone if at all. Haven't thought about cleaning the injectors or flushing or anything else as of now...
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 22:30   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Hahaha... We never did a drag, did we now?!! And it will have your unmodified FIat for a snack any day, even with the not-so-great handling

The car is fine, top end has not diminished - It still does 170+ effortlessly. I might have to clean the intercooler alone if at all. Haven't thought about cleaning the injectors or flushing or anything else as of now...
@ pho3nix - After installing C drive, I feel the acceleration part suffers a bit.
With stock GPS2, 140 kmph + came in blink of an eye. But now it takes its own time to build up RPM. Is it because the tyres are more grippy ?
Old 28th January 2012, 19:44   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

So Jayanth, Was the tire burst in the C-drives on the sidewall or the main tread part?

Was the burst due to a hard impact or due to the weak construction of the tires?Would any other tire,say S-drive tolerated that impact ?
Old 29th January 2012, 22:12   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
So Jayanth, Was the tire burst in the C-drives on the sidewall or the main tread part?

Was the burst due to a hard impact or due to the weak construction of the tires?Would any other tire,say S-drive tolerated that impact ?
I went badly over a stone that truckers usually use to stop their vehicles from rolling back while climbing Ooty, rupturing the sidewall. Don't think any decent imported tire would withstand that kind of an impact. It definitely is not due to weak construction, I have been using them or nearly non-existant post-monsoon Madras roads for close to 20k KM now
Old 12th May 2012, 22:15   #595
BANNED

Quote:
I went badly over a stone that truckers usually use to stop their vehicles from rolling back while climbing Ooty, rupturing the sidewall. Don't think any decent imported tire would withstand that kind of an impact. It definitely is not due to weak construction, I have been using them or nearly non-existant post-monsoon Madras roads for close to 20k KM now
Asking you out of Blue..!

Can you please let me know, which fog-lights have you used on your Getz Bumpers, Hyundai's dont have anything for the Getz. But what you have installed seem to fit perfectly.
Old 14th May 2012, 11:50   #596
Senior - BHPian

Pavan - the Getz Prime 1.3 GVS gets OEM fog lamps - you may have to try and get them from Hyundai. The Prime 1.1 (GVS/GLS) and 1.5 crdi didn't come with Foglamps.

Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30)-ext1285913050getz.jpg

sorry for going OT

our 1.1 Prime is a GVS and it had optional - 175/70/13 rubber, look-a-like-a-look-a Wood finish trims and OEM Spoiler

Last edited by planet_rocker : 14th May 2012 at 11:52.
Old 4th November 2012, 21:27   #597
BHPian

My getz's drive shaft rubber boot is torn and its leaking grease. SA from Trident told that boot is not available separately but comes along with the drive shaft itself.. and tried to console me telling, "You can use it sir, its not a prob"
I went to Advaith and they told me to check with them for availability of the part on Monday.. Where as SA from the a dealer in Kerala told that boot is available with the locks and grease as a separate part.
Its really becoming a pain now.. People don't know whether parts are available and not even bothered to check it .. If I don't replace it now, I will have to replace drive shaft later :(
Anybody replaced this part before?
Can anyone recommend me SA from Advaith Bannergetta road or any service station in and around BTM/JP Nagar?
Old 4th November 2012, 23:05   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libis22 View Post
My getz's drive shaft rubber boot is torn and its leaking grease. SA from Trident told that boot is not available separately but comes along with the drive shaft itself.. and tried to console me telling, "You can use it sir, its not a prob"
I went to Advaith and they told me to check with them for availability of the part on Monday.. Where as SA from the a dealer in Kerala told that boot is available with the locks and grease as a separate part.
Its really becoming a pain now.. People don't know whether parts are available and not even bothered to check it .. If I don't replace it now, I will have to replace drive shaft later :(
Anybody replaced this part before?
Can anyone recommend me SA from Advaith Bannergetta road or any service station in and around BTM/JP Nagar?
I disagree that a manufacturer like Hyundai would not have a boot for its axle and sell the whole axle itself. I am 100% sure he is taking you for a ride. Don't drive the car around with a broken boot. I ll cost an arm and leg to replace the whole drive shaft. If Hyundai refuses to replace the boot, go to a local garage guy and get it replaced.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 00:02   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I disagree that a manufacturer like Hyundai would not have a boot for its axle and sell the whole axle itself. I am 100% sure he is taking you for a ride. Don't drive the car around with a broken boot. I ll cost an arm and leg to replace the whole drive shaft. If Hyundai refuses to replace the boot, go to a local garage guy and get it replaced.
Its the inner boot I am talking about and Getz diesel boot can be replaced with accent diesel's boot. I changed it from a local workshop in JC road. But I didn't get the metal clips though.. I put plastic tie lock.. Don't know it will hold long.. In hunt for metal clips now
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks