Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 16:58   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I always fill till the fuel reaches the mouth..
Great- can you try something? Wait for the low fuel indicator to come on, and then drive for 30-40 KM. Then tank her up to the mouth- lets see if Shell took me for a ride, or if our ride can take in more than 45 Litre
Old 15th July 2009, 17:34   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Great- can you try something? Wait for the low fuel indicator to come on, and then drive for 30-40 KM. Then tank her up to the mouth- lets see if Shell took me for a ride, or if our ride can take in more than 45 Litre
Ok , Right now my tank is around 80% , will take some days to empty as i am busy roaming in my new Elantra .. Hope , the fuel station will be near when i reach the minimum level.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:45   #108
BHPian

Also try to fill a 1 litre mineral water bottle with diesel from the pump just to make sure the counter reading is fine and not tampered with. This is a simple test to prove that the meter shows the exact quantity of what they add to your car.
cheers!
Old 15th July 2009, 18:00   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Also try to fill a 1 litre mineral water bottle with diesel from the pump just to make sure the counter reading is fine and not tampered with. This is a simple test to prove that the meter shows the exact quantity of what they add to your car.
cheers!
Can give this one a try too.. But i suggest you take a 2 litre bottle or a 5 litre can .
Old 15th July 2009, 22:54   #110
BHPian

Not sure if this will work. Many of the more jazzy bunks do not let you fill plastic bottles - personal experience with Shell and a couple other bunks in Bangalore.
Old 15th July 2009, 23:13   #111
Senior - BHPian

Interesting discussion !
I usually fill up when the needle comes to half mark and in all 32k kms i have filled up only till the cut off from the same station, same pump.
Total - 2088 litres consumed in 74 fillings/ 11.5 months
Old 16th July 2009, 00:11   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I gotta agree- it struggles to reach the half mark, but it falls down pretty soon after that- the last quarter goes out like there is a hole somewhere
This happens in the SX4 too. May be its in the mind.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:56   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
This happens in the SX4 too. May be its in the mind.
True indeed. Maybe it is all in the mind . It is basically like "please please dont go down now, of all times" (- pun intended :P).

Cheers/Shyam
Old 16th July 2009, 20:36   #114
BHPian

Ok, I have a query. As Shyam had suggested I went to the Shell pump and asked for diesel. They told me that the normal diesel is not available as the company has stopped supplying it. Instead they have the premium one ... Now should I go for it or tank up the normal diesel from HP/ICC/BP ?
Old 16th July 2009, 22:14   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samatre View Post
Ok, I have a query. As Shyam had suggested I went to the Shell pump and asked for diesel. They told me that the normal diesel is not available as the company has stopped supplying it. Instead they have the premium one ... Now should I go for it or tank up the normal diesel from HP/ICC/BP ?
Thats BS- I filled normal in Shell a few days back, and a colleague filled in this morning. This is a common excuse they give to get more Rs from you!

To answer your question, NO! Dont fill premium Diesel at all
Old 16th July 2009, 22:34   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samatre View Post
Shell does not provide premium diesal. You get only normal diesal so go ahead and fill it.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:03   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Shell does not provide premium diesal. You get only normal diesal so go ahead and fill it.
No Shyam they do sell premium diesel. The attendant at the pump out there specifically told me that the company has stopped distributing the normal one !

Since I was running out of fuel I filled in just about 5 liters. Later on dropped into an HP club outlet and had a tank full of the normal diesel filled in.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:13   #118
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I filled in Shell Diesel yesterday. Full tanked it @ 34.98/Litre in Chennai. However, during my last two full tanks at Shell, i have noticed that my mileage is much lower. Earlier, i used to get 18+ in City with A/C. But during the last two full tanks, i had got 16 and then 13.8.

Looks like i need to change the bunk now!!!
Old 17th July 2009, 22:36   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
I remember asking about premium and the Shell Chromepet attendant told me they do not have Premium Diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
I filled in Shell Diesel yesterday. Full tanked it @ 34.98/Litre in Chennai. However, during my last two full tanks at Shell, i have noticed that my mileage is much lower. Earlier, i used to get 18+ in City with A/C. But during the last two full tanks, i had got 16 and then 13.8.

Looks like i need to change the bunk now!!!
Which Shell did you fill in? Hope is it not Chromepet!
Old 18th July 2009, 09:27   #120
BHPian

@phoenix - Was at the arcot road shell late last night. I had about 70km left on the distance to empty meter and the low fuel tank light still hadnt come on yet. I asked him to fill up diesel at 34.98/litre (btw I have never been offered premium diesel at shell. I'm not sure what this new story of premium diesel being available at shell is).
COming to the previous discussion bout the tank size - I asked him to fill 45 litres to the dot, came up to 1574 bucks, and the tank was filled almost to the brim. I think I got around 13 to the litre with my last fill, so going by that rate I'm sure there would have been around 5 litres left in the tank at least. So yes, the verna has a tank capacity of more than the 45 litres stated, so I'm guessing the getz will have the same too?
Good thing was that I noticed an immediate change in the cars behaviour. Acceleration is more smooth, handling the car at lower speeds is better, it allows for better cruising comfort at an average speed, and overall noise levels have come down.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed