Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 18:15   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
600 bucks for each?!!
I got them for Rs 350 each from their showroom in Goa, 6 months back. One fell off while driving from Blore to Goa.
Old 20th November 2009, 19:14   #62
BHPian

My Bolero VLX CRDE 2009 @60,000kms: rear CFLs attached-image220.jpg

I finally got the fuel filter error message rectified. It turned out to be a malfunction in the diesel fuel filter sensor (shown above). So the sensor was replaced under warranty (costs 2400 bucks, Phew!). I stood next to the vehicle for 3 hours watching them remove & clean the fuel tank and the fuel filter until they figured that the sensor was the problem. They tinkered with the power windows too but the left front power button still has it's mood swings. Since I didn't have to pay anything, after coming out of the ASC I went and had the tyres filled with nitrogen to see what the fuss is all about.
Old 20th November 2009, 21:14   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 231653

Since I didn't have to pay anything, after coming out of the ASC I went and had the tyres filled with nitrogen to see what the fuss is all about.
So basically now your Storm is full of Hot Air
Old 21st November 2009, 08:29   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
in-city driving is very minimal -- per week I do 30-40 kms in-city and about 500-600 kms out, on the whole I get about 12.3 ish.

Great to know that - I too get around 12.xx ish and have managed 13.xx only once and I DONT WANT TO DRIVE LIKE THAT AGAIN!
Old 7th January 2010, 15:45   #65
BHPian

25K Update:

I hit 25K in my storm last weekend with a trip to Mysore & Gonikoppal. Got it back from service today with no extra work except a power window button being replaced. My lack of city driving in this vehicle resulted in problems during the Christmas season's shopping trips. On one occasion I scraped against a goods lorry ripping off my left side ORVM and scratching the left side door pillar (which I then 'touched up' with a correction pen).

My Bolero VLX CRDE 2009 @60,000kms: rear CFLs attached-dscf4753.jpg

And then there was the instance where I went over a granite stone contraption errected by police to stop heavy vehicles from entering narrow lanes. The last incident nearly pulled off my left side footpad!

My Bolero VLX CRDE 2009 @60,000kms: rear CFLs attached-dscf4755.jpg My Bolero VLX CRDE 2009 @60,000kms: rear CFLs attached-dscf4756.jpg

But inspite of all this damage, the surprising thing is that I'm not getting any abnormal vibrations. I drove the storm to it's limits during the trip to Gonikoppal, and felt no effects on the ride quality. Anyways, I'm now hunting around for one of those 'baby ORVMs' which are fixable on the bonnet so as to increase my view of the left side during city-driving. Details of the service charges below

Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 1914
Size:  85.3 KB
Old 13th January 2010, 19:24   #66
BHPian

My Bolero VLX CRDE 2009 @60,000kms: rear CFLs attached-dscf4757.jpg My Bolero VLX CRDE 2009 @60,000kms: rear CFLs attached-dscf4760b.jpg
Stripping down to basics!

My Bolero continues to move toward strictly utilitarian looks in keeping with my policy of 'What comes off... stays off'. I've removed the plastic 'lips' on the front bumper since they had a tendency to keep coming undone and also, when one of my front wheel covers fell off I decided to do away with wheel covers for the front wheels altogether. I've noticed that ever since I switched my tyres to Nitrogen I've been suffering regular punctures, don't know if it's only a coincidence but it's becoming enough of an irritant to make me want to go back to normal air.
Old 21st January 2010, 08:41   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've noticed that ever since I switched my tyres to Nitrogen I've been suffering regular punctures, don't know if it's only a coincidence but it's becoming enough of an irritant to make me want to go back to normal air.
MM, What tyres are you running? OE? Also reduce tyre pressure by 1-2 psi while running nitrogen for better results.

I've had a flat too sometime back, and was wondering how

How is your tyre wear?
Old 21st January 2010, 22:46   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
MM, What tyres are you running? OE? Also reduce tyre pressure by 1-2 psi while running nitrogen for better results. I've had a flat too sometime back, and was wondering how How is your tyre wear?
I have the OE Bridgestone Duelers and tyre wear is normal. I was sticking to the recommended 30psi, but now I've reduced to 28. Also, the nitro machine used by the guy near my house had one of those mechanical gauges for measuring air pressure -- so I'm guessing he might've been pumping in more than 30psi! After the punctures I started filling nitro from another guy who has a more modern setup (read digital gauges) and now I feel that 28psi gives the appropriate feel & ride.
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:02   #69
BHPian

My Bolero VLX CRDE 2009 @60,000kms: rear CFLs attached-dscf4903.jpg
Storm in Vypin!

Sigh! Powerful enough but not comfortable enough! My frequent crib about the Bolero Vlx was highlighted again last weekend when I had to do B'lore-Cochin-Nilambur(Malapuram)-B'lore due to family commitments. This was my second trip in the Bolero on the B'lore-Cochin (550 kms) route and my first solo. I'd long planned to familiarize myself with this route for possible frequent trips and got the opportunity last weekend. I started from B'lore at about 3 a.m. and was in Cochin by 11.30 a.m. (8.5 hrs) with no breaks. Since the vehicle was already overdue for it's 30K service and the engine feeling raspy, I decided not to exceed 100kmph and always kept it at 100 or in the nearabouts throughout the trip. Got 12.9kpl with negligible A/C usage.

From Palakad onwards, I had to actually 'Storm' my way all through to Cochin with all manner of hatches and sedans competing for the road. Man! what an ego trip to feel this engine ruthlessly out-muscle anything else on the road with less than 100bhp! WOO HOO! Regarding the suspension, one of my in-laws in B'lore has taken a dealership for the carbon fibre leaf springs and so I'm currently whining to FIL to have the same fitted on my Bolero as well. Till that happens I'm currently making do with gloves and a back support belt for the long drives. With the odo reading 31943 I will finally be giving the Bolero for the 30K service this thursday.

Headers! if you're reading this... can you post a few pics of the Michellins you have on your storm? My rubber might last another 10k (4-5 months for me) so thought I'll start looking around. Already leaning towards YOKO Geos ATS.

Last edited by MudMover : 2nd March 2010 at 19:04.
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:21   #70
BHPian

Hey MM, I recently switched from Apollo Amazers to Yoko AT/S, trust me the ride quality and the braking has improved a lot. I even noticed the Tyre noise also has reduced a bit. Overall I'm really satisfied with the Yokos
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:37   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Headers! if you're reading this... can you post a few pics of the Michellins you have on your storm? My rubber might last another 10k (4-5 months for me) so thought I'll start looking around. Already leaning towards YOKO Geos ATS.

LOL: I am, I will. Cheers
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Hey MM, I recently switched from Apollo Amazers to Yoko AT/S, trust me the ride quality and the braking has improved a lot. I even noticed the Tyre noise also has reduced a bit. Overall I'm really satisfied with the Yokos
Thanks for the info 2500cc! Just what I been hearing about the Yokos everywhere. Can you give me the prices and specs? I would love to see some pics.

Last edited by MudMover : 2nd March 2010 at 22:03.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:28   #73
BHPian

Hi MM

The OEM Bridgestone Dueler HT 689 which you got are pretty good. I had them on my older GLX. I kept 30psi (air only) and rotated, aligned every 10,000km. They were good as new even after 51,000 km. And easily had another 20,000 km usable

The Apollo Amazer are not good enuf. I feel its worth more upgrading from Apollo to Yokos than Bridgestones to Yokos. I mean you can use them for another 20,000 km if you wish

Quote:
Thanks for the info 2500cc! Just what I been hearing about the Yokos everywhere. Can you give me the prices and specs? I would love to see some pics.
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:32   #74
BHPian

Yoko Geolander AT/S 215/75 R15, I paid 4.3k per tyre. I'll upload the pics soon.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:40   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Yoko Geolander AT/S 215/75 R15, I paid 4.3k per tyre. I'll upload the pics soon.
I have heard lot of good things about them and I intend to get them on my Bolero after the present one finishes duty
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks