Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 22:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I was having the same issue. After 250Km it has improved but still not perfect. Changing from 4th to 5th is smooth, but 5th to 4th is a bit difficult.
It is the other way round for me! Shifting down from 5th is easy but shifting up from 4th is a problem at times. Some times engaging reverse is also difficult. Anyway I expect it to become free with use.
Old 29th June 2009, 22:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
It is the other way round for me! Shifting down from 5th is easy but shifting up from 4th is a problem at times. Some times engaging reverse is also difficult. Anyway I expect it to become free with use.
I spoke to the dealer today. He said that if the problem persists, they'll address it during the first service.
Old 30th June 2009, 11:36   #18
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gansan,

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club. Been a while since you started this thread and since I read up on it.

Do not worry about the shifting. You are bound to have a tight and notchy gear box during the initial 1,000 kms. It will free up once you cross the 3K mark. Just make sure to shift at the right RPMs and do not lug your engine.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 30th June 2009, 11:48   #19
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The rear speakers are fitted in the hatch door. After fitment and reaching home, I am having difficulty in opening the hatch door lock. I am able to open it only by pressing lock area with one hand and turning the key with the other. What could be the problem? I plan to take it back to ABT for checking in a couple of days.
The installer has messed up somewhere. I have speakers installed on the boot door as I didn't want to compromise on the boot space by installing a rear parcel tray. One year and 16,000+ kms and I have no trouble.

Quote:
I tried to start the engine and move off twice more but stalled again! Then I realized I was engaging third gear instead of first in my hurry, so calmed down, started the engine again and this time moved off in first gear correctly. I am worried if this could result in any engine damage as the odo reading is only 140 K.M. Can anyone clarify? was driving without A/C.
No harm done. Don't worry about it.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 30th June 2009, 12:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
The installer has messed up somewhere. I have speakers installed on the boot door as I didn't want to compromise on the boot space by installing a rear parcel tray. One year and 16,000+ kms and I have no trouble.
I have fixed a MGA parcel tray. It can be easily removed by user to free up boot space if required. I will take the car to them to check the boot door. If they want to bang on the door to rectify it, I will decline. It is a small problem and I can live with it. Just requires a small push on the door with the heel of the left hand and a turn of the key from the right.

Last edited by Gansan : 30th June 2009 at 12:06.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:14   #21
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just requires a small push on the door with the heel of the left hand and a turn of the key from the right.
This is really strange and could also point to being an alignment issue between the lock on the boot door and the catch located at the bottom. Normally, you don't have to hold the rear door to open. Just insert key and turn and it unlocks and you can lift it up.

Nonetheless, get it checked.
Old 2nd July 2009, 09:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Taken delivery on 25th. I have installed art leather seat covers and Sony Xplod 4 speaker system for my Alto at MGA itself. Both are very nice. Checked the rates for them outside too but decided the difference was not worth the trouble.
Gansan,

Congratulations on taking delivery of the car. Peace of mind is most important and if you are happy with things at MGA than that is good!

Can you please share the model number, cost of headunit/speakers and seat cover cost that MGA charged?

Thanks !
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Gansan,

Congratulations on taking delivery of the car. Peace of mind is most important and if you are happy with things at MGA than that is good!

Can you please share the model number, cost of headunit/speakers and seat cover cost that MGA charged?

Thanks !
Thanks! Peace of mind was the reason I settled for MGA. After all, it is a one time purchase! The cost of Sony XPLOD head unit (with USB port) and four XPLOD speakers quoted by MGA was Rs 14500 and Rs 4500 for the art leather seat covers, inclusive of labour. I told them I have checked with the famous Radio Warehouse (distributors for Sony) who quoted Rs 13750 for the set and Rs 4000 for similar seat covers, and a further 10% discount.

Then they did some calculation among themselves and gave me a total price of Rs 17328 (instead of the original Rs 19000) + one Italian leather steering cover (MRP Rs 499) as free gift, which I accepted gladly. The Seat covers are a biege & black combination and look very nice. They are not slip-on type covers, the seats had to be removed for installation. I will post the ICE model number after checking the bill.

Next project is front power windows and central locking, after a while. My "Khazana" was empty after paying for the car and the ICE bill had to be paid through credit card! The price quoted by MGA for PW and CL is abot Rs 6500 and Rs 5500 respectively.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

WHAT! No pictures ?
Booking done, delivery taken, accessories added and still no pictures ?
Please post em fast. And yes, congrats on for the car!
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:43   #25
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
WHAT! No pictures ?
+1 to that
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
WHAT! No pictures ?
Booking done, delivery taken, accessories added and still no pictures ?
Please post em fast. And yes, congrats on for the car!
I am waiting for the complementary photos taken by the show room guys at the time of delivery to reach me. I took a few snaps with my mobile at the time, but I will not be in the picture! Will post all of them together.
Old 3rd July 2009, 06:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the photos from the showroom will arrive only next week. So here are a few pics I took with my mobile just before delivery:

Inside ABT Maruti:

The day's delivery lined up:

Blue beauty minutes before delivery:

Will take s few snaps of the interiors and post them this week-end.
Old 5th July 2009, 19:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pics of the seat covers and ICE:

Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2009, 19:25   #29
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Gansan,

Those seat covers look fab! Clearer pics of the ICE will be better

Cheers,
gpa
Old 5th July 2009, 20:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Took the car on a highway trip to Pondicherry today. Since car is in run-in period, posted a query in the appropriate forum and obtained advice from tsk1979 (bhp support) about the dos and don'ts in advance. Here are a few photos:

Somewhere on NH 45 during the first 15 min break (after one hour of running):

Junior is obviously very happy about the Alto!

Last edited by Gansan : 5th July 2009 at 20:01.

Most Viewed