Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:27   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blue beauty! Carib. Blue Alto LXi

^^ Just short of the 40k mark now.

Car has been slowly losing brake fluid for the past two months. There was no sign of oil from any of the wheels. Finally it was diagnosed the booster had a hole in the diaphragm and oil was leaking inside. MSM suggested the boster should be replaced, and I agreed. But they did not have the booster for my 2009 model car. The current ones have a slightly different type which will not fit. So I have paid Rs 3400 (approx cost of new booster). They will inform in a few days as soon as the part arrives, and I will have to go for installation.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 09:16   #122
Senior - BHPian

The part arrived in a couple of days and they called me. The installation and bleeding / checking of the brakes did not take very long. And of course, the entire brake fluid needed to be replaced. After the car returned from road test I requested a thorough water wash which was also done. Total bill was just short of Rs 6k. The water wash was complimentary and not charged.

I did a 650 km round trip to Trichy a week after the job and everything was perfect. Brake fluid level remains constant.

The brake fluid container, the aluminium part it sits on and the round black dabba behind them (which is the booster) are all new and come as an assembly. It is a Bosh part.
Attached Thumbnails
Blue beauty! Carib. Blue Alto LXi-tbhp1.jpg  

Blue beauty! Carib. Blue Alto LXi-tbhp2.jpg  

Blue beauty! Carib. Blue Alto LXi-tbhp3.jpg  

Blue beauty! Carib. Blue Alto LXi-tbhp4.jpg  

Last edited by Gansan : 7th March 2020 at 09:17.
Gansan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 23:50   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
The part arrived in a couple of days and they called me. The installation and bleeding / checking of the brakes did not take very long. And of course, the entire brake fluid needed to be replaced. After the car returned from road test I requested a thorough water wash which was also done. Total bill was just short of Rs 6k. The water wash was complimentary and not charged.

I did a 650 km round trip to Trichy a week after the job and everything was perfect. Brake fluid level remains constant.

The brake fluid container, the aluminium part it sits on and the round black dabba behind them (which is the booster) are all new and come as an assembly. It is a Bosh part.
Sir. Just noticed how clean is your engine bay. You have really maintained your Alto with lot of love and affection.
bharatmarch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 22:37   #124
Senior - BHPian

This bunch of wires and a box (fuse box?) have suddenly come out from behind the dash while driving. I felt something was between my foot and the accelerator, looked down and saw this mess. I parked at the side, put the wires out of the way inside the right door pocket and proceeded home. I checked if I could push them back inside but couldn't locate where.

What seems to be the problem? Will the dashboard need removal before fixing this?
Attached Thumbnails
Blue beauty! Carib. Blue Alto LXi-img_20200626_164807404.jpg  

Blue beauty! Carib. Blue Alto LXi-img_20200626_165951987.jpg  

Blue beauty! Carib. Blue Alto LXi-img_20200626_170015400.jpg  

Blue beauty! Carib. Blue Alto LXi-img_20200626_171250831.jpg  

Old 29th June 2020, 22:45   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
This bunch of wires and a box (fuse box?) have suddenly come out from behind the dash while driving. I felt something was between my foot and the accelerator, looked down and saw this mess. I parked at the side, put the wires out of the way inside the right door pocket and proceeded home. I checked if I could push them back inside but couldn't locate where.

What seems to be the problem? Will the dashboard need removal before fixing this?
The wiring harness is clamped and the fuse box is screwed to the dashboard and nearby structures. Check if those clamp/fusebox mount has broken/become loose.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks