Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2009, 12:33   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

I sent an email to hyundai customer service asking about this problem on 29th july and if i should be worried and should send my car over to them. Normally, they reply immediately, but this time, they have not replied.
Old 12th July 2009, 16:29   #32
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I sent an email to hyundai customer service asking about this problem on 29th july and if i should be worried and should send my car over to them. Normally, they reply immediately, but this time, they have not replied.
Typical response! Why don't you try calling them or drive to a H.A.S.S and get your vehicle checked?
Old 13th July 2009, 11:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Whats the update. Is Hyundai still not coming up with a rational explanation? file a case at an appropriate forum and maybe they will see reason. But do not prolong(filing the case) it endlessly.
Old 13th July 2009, 11:21   #34
BHPian

I used to work for a cable manufacturing company, and they used to add chemicals to the cables to make it rodent proof. So why does a Hyundai not do the same. I think it is a lame excuse. There is a safety issue with this car which they want to hide. Don't let them off the hook. You deserve a NEW car.
Old 16th July 2009, 15:47   #35
BHPian

Got any reply yet ?

Please PM the address to me so i can write to them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Old 16th July 2009, 16:08   #36
BHPian

This is really weird. Any updates on this issue?
Old 16th July 2009, 17:56   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Got any reply yet ?

Please PM the address to me so i can write to them too.
Why PM, let everybody write to them! Here it is:
cr@hmil.net
Old 16th July 2009, 18:49   #38
BHPian

Nan, Any word back from Hyundai?
Old 16th July 2009, 19:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
I used to work for a cable manufacturing company, and they used to add chemicals to the cables to make it rodent proof.
I am not sure about this. Anyway its certainly not in maruti alto. Last week rats chew both the wiring kits which goes near the front shock mounting bolts on both sides.
And sadly, maruti has given the best place i.e the top portion of the strut well, for the rats to sit in comfort and chew the wires.
Old 18th July 2009, 09:58   #40
BHPian

hyundai reply

some more info on this issue

- sent email to hyundai on 13th, received reply same day stating someone will call me regarding this issue
- received call few minutes back, the guy on line accepted that some issues are reported.
- he mentioned some fuel line pipes are made of nylon composite, smell of which attracts rats.
- he also mentioned they cant put metal pipes as engines moves a bit , so pipes can not be rigid.so its not MFG. defect(but why didn't think of rat bite before ? and now when they know why they are not notifying all customers ?)
- they are putting on some protective covering. he mentioned local dealer will contact me.

i think this is very serious issue, rats can be anywhere (he himself mentioned that rats can cut fuel line then fuel will spill and imagine if someone throws a bidi, cigarette close by)

really surprised hyundai chose not to notify all customers on this issue. human lives are at stake here.

i will get it done on my i10 ASAP. other should also follow.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:07   #41
BANNED

The fuel in the fuel line is generally pressure fed into the common rail injector body . whenever a key is turned on the electric pump in the fuel tank supplies fuel to the injectors . This is done even before starting the engine and the fuel is maintained at a constant pressure while the engine is running .

So the theory of fuel spilling over is acceptable and not a cooked up story .

So incase if the fuel line was damaged due to rat bite then Hyundai has to make sure that they replace the whole car as they seem to have had a substandard product for the fuel pipe .

Another observation is how did the fuel get ignited ? Are the electrical fittings also substandard ? where did the spark come from ? The spark plugs , distributor are all shielded by rubber /plastic . So the quality of rubber and plastic is bad ?

A lot of questions need to be asked in order to force the company to accept its faults and replace the car as such .
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:12   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Took a service appointment for my car today for the first free service. Since i had issues with my dealer during delivery and had complained to Hyundai, i spoke directly to the head of Hyundai After Sales operation regarding this issue on the phone. She flatly denied such a problem existed. I have anyways directed her to this thread. Let's see what her response will be.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:13   #43
BHPian

I think Hyundai should stand up for this even if it was a rat bite.
Old 24th September 2009, 13:51   #44
BHPian

Nan, what's the latest update.

Now I need to get my verna checked on the same.
Old 24th September 2009, 16:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
The fuel in the fuel line is generally pressure fed into the common rail injector body . whenever a key is turned on the electric pump in the fuel tank supplies fuel to the injectors . ....
The car here is a i10. AFAIK, common rail injector should be in Accent CRDi, Viva CRDi, Elantra CRDi, Sonata CRDi and in the latest cars it would be in Verna, Getz or i20 deisel variants. Or did this technology also made its way into i10 petrol variant.

In anycase, we recently bought a 2006 Accent CRDi, I will check on this today itself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks