Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 16:57   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Hi everyone, had a quick dekho and the car looked great. Is currently in washing, shall head over again around 5.30 for a proper PDI before signing the papers and bringing her home.
The minimal grey looks awesome; aah, i'm in love!
See you around at night, hope everything goes smoothly
1 more Punto coming to its owner
I hope you will have time to get pics captured and post them today itself dont just keep driving and enjoying
Congrats sukrit.
Old 10th July 2009, 17:08   #77
BHPian

Thankyou!
I'll take a few pics at delivery, rest will follow tomorrow in a proper location. Leaving now.
Old 10th July 2009, 17:20   #78
BHPian

Congrats. Await pictures of the delivery
Old 10th July 2009, 17:27   #79
BHPian

How are the stock Punto headlights? Are they bright enough to do some night driving? Any idea on its ratings?
Old 11th July 2009, 00:57   #80
BHPian

Finally my minimal grey punto emotion pack 1.3 was delivered. Mods please edit title.

Reached Rama motors at 3pm to complete formalities and show DD. Car hadn't arrived yet and we had no plans to sign anywhere before a thorough investigation.
Undertook the journey home again as we did not see the point of waiting for the car to be washed, touched up etc.

Reached showroom at 6 again and wandered aimlessly till almost 7pm where I got my first look at the car, I was bowled and couldn't' stop smiling. Felt overwhelmed with emotion and stared for a few minutes letting the feeling sink in.
All along I'd insisted on the car being scratch free and in perfect condition and this is exactly what was delivered. After a thorough check up the only thing to be concluded was that the car was in great condition with everything working properly. (A special thankyou to Team-bhp for everything)
Got five litres of diesel, a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates along with an apology for the delay which I dismissed immediately.
Nothing beats the joy experienced when you're delivered something so special in the correct manner specially with a great pdi done by Rama motors themselves.
After taking a few pictures(shall upload in the morning) myself and a few others by the showroom itself we were applauded out.
Very well handled!!

The drive home was full of anxiety, traffic was peaking and the roads were terrible; the long clutch made it even more difficult. It was only when I reached familiar territory did I free up and enjoy the drive.
One thing's for sure, amongst everything I've driven nothing handles this well, the composure and balance is awesome. You can glide over roads dismissing them with style, potholes and speedbreakers 2 are handled with great confidence by the car.

Took the car out again at 10 and soon found myself adjusting to the clutch and seating, once the car took over it was a delight driving this machine; power is adequate and overtaking is quite a breeze as long as you're above 1900rpm. More later.
Overall it's been a great purchase,Thankyou again everyone and feel free to ask any questions.

D.OB- 1st june
Odo on delivery- 35km, currently 55km

@krish- Yes, headlights are adequate for night driving. Default bulbs are h4 60/55(55/60) which one is it ?

Last edited by sukrit7 : 11th July 2009 at 00:59.
Old 11th July 2009, 01:14   #81
BANNED

Congratulations . Enjoy the life now , and more so enjoy the attention you get .
Old 11th July 2009, 01:18   #82
BHPian

Congratulations Sukrit!!!!
Please put up pics and keep the commentary coming.
And have a great time with your beauty.
Old 11th July 2009, 10:32   #83
BHPian

Thankyou.
Going on my first longish trip. Shall update later at night along with a few not so good pictures.
@mods- Please edit title.
Old 11th July 2009, 10:49   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Thankyou.
Going on my first longish trip. Shall update later at night along with a few not so good pictures.
@mods- Please edit title.
Congrats Sukrit for getting your beauty home. Eagerly waiting for the longish trip experience and the pictures .
Old 11th July 2009, 15:01   #85
BHPian

hey sukrit!
congrats! can relate to every word of ur post!
i'm waiting for my beauty to be delivered in the last week of july!
cant wait till then!!!
any suggestions for pre inspection check / delivery day...apart from ones listed in the PDI thread...
regards
ameet
Old 11th July 2009, 21:22   #86
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, mate ! I know the feeling !

Do post some pics. I am not sure if overtaking will be a breeze, especially at highway speeds. IMO, overtaking in a Punto will be more of a planned thing. Not to say that it is slow, but you get the idea.

Ride quality is amazing for a car this side of 10 lacs, revel in it.
Old 12th July 2009, 00:12   #87
BHPian

Thankyou for your wishes. Long drive did not turn out to be as smooth as I would have liked, traffic was peaking and lights were not working; Nevertheless car returned a mileage of 13.6 one way and 14.2 the other. I did manage an impressive 18.5 on a clear long stretch but it was soon interrupted by yellow three wheeled idiots.

The silverqueen continues to impress with it's ride and handling taking in it's stride everything that dares to cause hindrance. It's beautiful!
No rattles, no squeaks just plainly gliding over everything.

Caught quite a few people staring, was also welcomed by the fiat family as two palio owners passed by smiling widely at me. It made my day; I now realise what they mean by 'driving a fiat is special'.

@kuttapan- I disagree, overtaking upto speeds of 100 is a 'breeze', can't comment on speeds beyond as i'm yet to reach there.
As long as you're in the correct revband there's no hassle, I believe it would be this way with all turbo vehicles.

@general- I reach around 80 in 5th gear just under 2k rpm, is this normal; Read somewhere that 100 comes beyond 2k rpm. Do assist.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 12th July 2009 at 00:19.
Old 12th July 2009, 00:21   #88
BHPian

Just a teaser picture, tell me if you like it!
Anyone know of a good picture editor, all my pictures are above 2mb.
And i'd like recommendations on teflon and underbody anti rust coatings

Edit: just read in another thread about underbody rust, I haven't checked this, guess I'll have to do something about it tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Grande Punto Multijet 1.3. EDIT: Sold @ 133,000 km-000_0010f.jpg  

Last edited by sukrit7 : 12th July 2009 at 00:40.
Old 12th July 2009, 00:42   #89
BHPian

The car looks absolutely brilliant.

You can try these,
Resize your image online - It's easy, it's free!
Resize Images online

Underbody anti rust coating is a must,check this page and the subsequent replies

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...booked-14.html
Old 12th July 2009, 01:04   #90
BHPian

nice car, congrats.

So. what are the accesories you ar plannig?

Most Viewed