Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 17:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
What is the price of Michelin Primacy LC 195/60R15 tyre?
got any discounts / freebies from Michelin
Rs.4500 per tire and got the Michelin Reebok Trolly Bag for Free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats undead on buying Elantra CRDi. Thats a wonderful car and very nicely maintained one. You got a very good deal.
Hope to meet you soon.
Thanks djay. How about the Getz CRDi meet we were talking about..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
congratz !
how does it feel to have two monsters in your garage...
Thanks .. Feels like King of the Road mate..
Old 14th July 2009, 20:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pictures of the HID Xenons (thats what the owner told me)that came along with the car itself. I hope these are HID Xenons.
LOW BEAM
Scarlet Beast - Hyundai Elantra CRDi with Pete's Box - 1,10,000 kms update-picture-025-medium.jpg
HIGH BEAM
Scarlet Beast - Hyundai Elantra CRDi with Pete's Box - 1,10,000 kms update-picture-027-medium.jpg
Scarlet Beast - Hyundai Elantra CRDi with Pete's Box - 1,10,000 kms update-picture-028-medium.jpg

Michelin Primacy LC and the Freebie that came along.
Scarlet Beast - Hyundai Elantra CRDi with Pete's Box - 1,10,000 kms update-picture-035-medium.jpg
Scarlet Beast - Hyundai Elantra CRDi with Pete's Box - 1,10,000 kms update-picture-038-medium.jpg
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2009, 22:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Planned for 8/9 Aug as of now
Old 15th July 2009, 09:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

On looking these photos,i think it's not a HID xenons.
might be a philips BlueVision or Osram Coolblue(H7 and H1)
Check this : H1 (448) - Car Bulbs - Headlight Bulbs from Power Bulbs

Last edited by aks_karthik : 15th July 2009 at 09:40.
Old 15th July 2009, 12:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On looking these photos,i think it's not a HID xenons.
might be a philips BlueVision or Osram Coolblue(H7 and H1)
Check this : H1 (448) - Car Bulbs - Headlight Bulbs from Power Bulbs
Checked that website. But both the Bulbs in my car are looking like one in the given link . The filament has a pin attached outside.. Does ordinary bulbs have them too ?
Philips UltraBlue 6000K D2R Xenon HID Upgrade Capsule - Powerbulbs
Old 15th July 2009, 13:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

It's not clear in the photos.
If it's HID then it's well and good.
you can feel/see the difference.
The light intensity has developed some rainbow formation in HID's and not in normal bulbs.
Do check for ballast near to the head light assembly.

HID without projecter will scatter and it's very tough for night driving.won't able to see the road clearly(compare with Halogens).
I already experienced in my brother Hyundai Verna Crdi SX ABS.
He installed Philips HID without projecters and light scattered like maniac.
It also blinds the oncoming vehicle.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 15th July 2009 at 13:24.
Old 15th July 2009, 15:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HID without projecter will scatter and it's very tough for night driving.won't able to see the road clearly(compare with Halogens).
I already experienced in my brother Hyundai Verna Crdi SX ABS.
He installed Philips HID without projecters and light scattered like maniac.
It also blinds the oncoming vehicle.
True .. Even in my low beam, oncoming vehicles are finding it difficult to see.. They are flashing the lights asif i am in High Beam .
Old 15th July 2009, 15:55   #38
BHPian

Sorry have somehow missed this thread. Great buy UNDEAD. All the best and many safe miles ahead. Tell me something are you driving the getz more or the elantra more now :P

Cheers/Shyam
Old 15th July 2009, 17:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Sorry have somehow missed this thread. Great buy UNDEAD. All the best and many safe miles ahead. Tell me something are you driving the getz more or the elantra more now :P

Cheers/Shyam
Ya..Thanks mate.. I was waiting for your reply in this thread coz you were asking me a lot about this.
Regarding both the cars , been driving the elantra sometime and yesterday took the Getz for a ride and felt that Getz have been given some boost of power. The clutch , gearbox were free and the power was little uncontrollable for few secs. Definitely the Getz feels punchier than Elantra asof now. If i want to scare my passengers and have some fun with the power , Getz it is. If i want to take my family for a comfortable ride and for myself, elantra is the one. May be things change if i install pete's in my elantra.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Ya..Thanks mate.. I was waiting for your reply in this thread coz you were asking me a lot about this.
Regarding both the cars , been driving the elantra sometime and yesterday took the Getz for a ride and felt that Getz have been given some boost of power. The clutch , gearbox were free and the power was little uncontrollable for few secs. Definitely the Getz feels punchier than Elantra asof now. If i want to scare my passengers and have some fun with the power , Getz it is. If i want to take my family for a comfortable ride and for myself, elantra is the one. May be things change if i install pete's in my elantra.
Hmmm! yup i thought so too. The getz front end is good mostly because of the vgt. How about petes to the getz instead to scare people :P
Old 20th July 2009, 01:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Rs.4500 per tire and got the Michelin Reebok Trolly Bag for Free.

Thanks .. Feels like King of the Road mate..

me and my friend who owns that petrol elantra i told you about went for a tyre change. we bought yokohama 195/60/ R15. it cost us 3900 rs.

michelins are expensive its 5500 forgot the model. but expensive than yokos. the dealer said if you put michelins on and go for a ride and if you dont feel the differnce he will take back the tyres. he was very confident about the michelins. and was advicing us to go for it. my friend has tight budget(uncleji - their dad wont give more money) so i suggested that he should go for yokos. good to know you went with michelins. they have the same trolly bag offer here too

Last edited by Caramelo : 20th July 2009 at 01:36.
Old 20th July 2009, 08:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
me and my friend who owns that petrol elantra i told you about went for a tyre change. we bought yokohama 195/60/ R15. it cost us 3900 rs.

michelins are expensive its 5500 forgot the model. but expensive than yokos. the dealer said if you put michelins on and go for a ride and if you dont feel the differnce he will take back the tyres. he was very confident about the michelins. and was advicing us to go for it. my friend has tight budget(uncleji - their dad wont give more money) so i suggested that he should go for yokos. good to know you went with michelins. they have the same trolly bag offer here too
195/60 R15 comes in only Primacy LC now. 205/60R15 comes in PP2 (Rs.6100) and XM1+ (Rs.5300) . The ride in Michelin is really good .. What model in Yokohama did your friend bought ?
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:18   #43
Senior - BHPian

Update

I have been enjoying this monster for quite sometime. I rarely take the keys of my Getz. But i miss the bull power of the Getz . Guess i got to Pete my Elantra soon. On the weekend i went to Courtrallam falls . The total distance covered was almost 800kms . On the highways , i kept the car at 120kmph and with full load (3 Adults in rear and full boot) . Fuel Efficiency came to 12kmpl.

Made the following minor upgrades .

1. Fitted Roots Vibrasonic Horns from hyundai dealer itself . Total charges Rs.2400. The other accessories shop scared to do this job due to the ABS, Airbags Sensors (thats what they said).Few months back , the ECM's of many Fiesta's failed due to aftermarket fitments in my area which happened with the ABS model only.

2.Removed HID Xenons and fitted 100W and 85W for H7 and H1. No extra wirings or relays needed for that. Bulbs costed Rs.1200 along with labour. The reason was , being reflector lamps , Xenons are irritating the oncoming drivers .

3. ICE Upgrade.
My Stock ICE doesnt play MP3 , No USB input nor Aux-In . So , i had to change the HU as i have all my favourite songs in Mp3 format. I thought of buying 2Din players in Pioneer or Kenwood which costs around Rs.10000. I thought i might save them for Petes and made a small upgrade. Just bought a FM Modulator for Rs.300 in Ebay and plugged in the USB and enjoying the music. Happy with it . No major loss in quality . This is value for money .
Scarlet Beast - Hyundai Elantra CRDi with Pete's Box - 1,10,000 kms update-dsc00229-medium.jpg
Old 6th October 2009, 12:53   #44
BHPian

Hey undead,
What is up with your ride. Have you done the icing?

Shyam
Old 6th October 2009, 13:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

A very sensible upgrade for ICE & saving rest of the money for the petes.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed