Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2009, 13:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Oh great! i thought you weren't selling her off. :(

but it feels good to know that she went to a home where she will be taken care off as much as you did.

Not happy! i am out of this thread.

Take care.
Old 18th July 2009, 13:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Riju, did you actually give her up ? Would have liked a pic of the new owners with the car ..
Old 18th July 2009, 13:37   #18
BANNED

Nice write up. I'm also looking for a Baleno (one of the cars I've shortlisted). Going to check out one tomorrow. The car looked good with the Mesh grill? Do you have a close up of it?
Old 18th July 2009, 13:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am very disappointed. I fail to understand how you could sell the car after loving it so much. I am sure you had a valid reason and it would have been very difficult for you to part ways. I must admit that I have a soft corner for your car, pictures and travelogues.

Anyway, what is coming next? All the best friend.
Thanks buddy. Well yes something new is coming up and it will be posted here on t-bhp. Patience until then .

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Why did you sell her at all? Hey almost wish I was the buyer!
Needed a diesel car/SUV coz I do a lot of traveling. Cannot afford to spend that much on petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Oh great! i thought you weren't selling her off. :(

but it feels good to know that she went to a home where she will be taken care off as much as you did.

Not happy! i am out of this thread.

Take care.
Come on dude, be a sport. I promise to come back with something better sooner. Also someday like I said earlier I will buy her back when I can afford to have 2 cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Riju, did you actually give her up ? Would have liked a pic of the new owners with the car ..
Have asked the members to join here and write up their experience with the baleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Nice write up. I'm also looking for a Baleno (one of the cars I've shortlisted). Going to check out one tomorrow. The car looked good with the Mesh grill? Do you have a close up of it?
Well here's 2 pics you might wanna have a dekho at

The white baleno's mesh was made using the swifts front grill and my car's was custom made.

My Baleno's review at 38,500 kms "The poor man's fast car "-dsc_1873-medium.jpg

My Baleno's review at 38,500 kms "The poor man's fast car "-dsc_1898-medium.jpg
Old 18th July 2009, 14:21   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I almost was the buyer. It pains me to read that the car is sold. But well, I had an opportunity and let it go out of my hands :(

Congrats Riju. And I do hope the new couple will take good care of your baby.

What are you getting now?
Old 18th July 2009, 14:43   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well here's 2 pics you might wanna have a dekho at

The white baleno's mesh was made using the swifts front grill and my car's was custom made.
Your grill looks much better than the one on the white car. How did you make it? Is it a DIY job?
Old 18th July 2009, 18:43   #22
BHPian

Great review and pics RJ. Thats one of the best balenos I have seen. Very nicely maintained vehicle. But wait....You sold that car?????

Beautifully done mesh, completes the look.
Old 18th July 2009, 20:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

WoW!!! what love, I am amazed!!
Almost felt like that you were looking for a match for your daughter..but when you sold her off, it felt like you ditched your love .hope the new owner takes better care of it .
Old 18th July 2009, 21:02   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Great review and pics RJ. Thats one of the best balenos I have seen. Very nicely maintained vehicle. But wait....You sold that car?????

Beautifully done mesh, completes the look.
Man, Maruti should give you an award for superbly displaying and maintaining its product. Many cars with scratches and rust are classified as 'showroom condition' here in Goa. I wonder what should your car be called.

Your photos are priceless -- each of them speaks a million words on the love and affection you have had for your car. You should either start a school on car photography cum car maintenance. Maybe, I should send my Alto to your place and have some snaps clicked of it. With your superb compositon, my Alto could well look like a merc!

If you treat your car so well, I don't blame your wife for feeling second best. All the very best to your new acquisition and do update us in this regard.
Old 18th July 2009, 21:10   #25
BHPian

Well written, Riju. The new owner is lucky, I must say. Hope you will find a better car soon.

p.s. It's the alloys and the tyres, not the mesh grill, that makes your Baleno look brilliant
Old 18th July 2009, 21:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Really very sad. I had a tear in my eye. The way you have narrated your love for your car is awesome.

We have Baleno too, and I think I am the one to crib about the expensive spares and their non availability, but I am in a city where even highly educated persons dont know what is high beam and low beam.

Baleno replacement will be tough. No car comes close, absolutely no body. The combination of many factors is very very difficult to find.

Dad is adamant on selling this car after Oct/Nov, but I am the one opposing this move. This car never misses a beat anywhere.

From the base of my heart I hope you manage to buy her back.
Old 18th July 2009, 23:11   #27
gpa
Senior - BHPian

A truly emotional farewell. If I were you, I would have probably changed my mind at the last minute and cancelled the deal!
Old 19th July 2009, 00:31   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Riju,

I read this now. I really have no words to describe my angst. Please get her back ASAP - you are financially settled and really shouldnt be paying any more importance to money than it needs.

I am really saddened at this loss.
Old 19th July 2009, 08:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Riju,

i'd really like you to get that diesel SUV etc and do the math one year from now. Whatever little you'd have saved isnt compared to the fun of a car like the Baleno!

But anyways, waiting for your diesel car's pics!
Old 19th July 2009, 11:38   #30
BHPian

hi rjstyles69 it must have been really very hard on you to let go after 3 long years taken so good care of her . well really nice review.

Most Viewed