Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Beautifull car riju sad you had to part with her, a heart touching write up if i ever loved a baleno its coz of your's and samurai's (crazyd's) baleno.
Thanks pradeep. There were days when I used to drool over samurai's and hari rama's well kept and ever gleaming black baleno's.

Times change and am really happy that I could find the right owner who can take care of her.
So what happened to your friend's search for a baleno, Hit a deal or a dead end ?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 23rd July 2009 at 14:26.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:53   #62
Senior - BHPian

Got myself updated. Just curious, how much did it go for? I was in market for one,didnt like the one's I saw and some asked sexy rates.

Well, and so, which SUV?
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:07   #63
Team-BHP Support

Okay I tried to refrain from posting on this thread. I know how much Riju loved that car and always wanted the best for it even when he was selling it. He wanted to get the car serviced polished and was even contemplating an oil change before giving it to the new owner. The car was always pampered with the best. synthetic oil, carefully selected mods from Raj. Even the ICE was changed in between as he was not happy with the already great ICE he had. Even tyres he had some 3 sets changed. In between he had S-drives for good roads and Apollo aceleres for bad. lol.

Whenever a buyer would be interested in the car he would call me and narrate the experience especially when the buyer had no clue what all the stuff done to the car meant. He used to get pissed off if the person didn't appreciate the hard work put into the car and would flatly refuse the sale.

Sad to see the car go but he has enjoyed the car to the max and as he put it all good things must come to an end.

Good to know the car is in good hands and hopefully you have directed the new owner to t-bhp so you can always know the car is taken care of.

Looking forward to the new ownership thread.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:28   #64
JVH
Senior - BHPian

What a touching review! The best Baleno I have seen so far. I remember seeing this on the New BEL road, not very sure though.

Like many here, will look forward to your new ride for now I know very well the kind of maintenance and modification it will go through
Old 24th July 2009, 10:08   #65
Senior - BHPian

Riju, I knew you were dilly-dallying about selling/keeping the Baleno. So finally it is gone. Do keep us updated about your next car.
Loved the "poor man's fast car" tagline. And nice snaps as always.

I am not doubting your FE figures, but just wondering how true your odometer reading would be, given the various tyre changes you did.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:24   #66
Senior - BHPian

Very thoughtfully written thread! Riju have you got the lucky new owners of your baby to sign on the forum?
Old 24th July 2009, 13:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

viddy thanks for hearing me out man. It used to be frustrating at times when you hear the sentence " Rally car saar ? "

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Got myself updated. Just curious, how much did it go for? I was in market for one,didnt like the one's I saw and some asked sexy rates.
Well, and so, which SUV?
jk a.k.a red carpet fetish I will send you a PM for that 1st question. Well hang in there brother I will break the ice sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
What a touching review! The best Baleno I have seen so far. I remember seeing this on the New BEL road, not very sure though.

Like many here, will look forward to your new ride for now I know very well the kind of maintenance and modification it will go through
I live pretty close by pal, should have given me a shout we could have had a chat over a coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Riju, I knew you were dilly-dallying about selling/keeping the Baleno. So finally it is gone. Do keep us updated about your next car.
Loved the "poor man's fast car" tagline. And nice snaps as always.

I am not doubting your FE figures, but just wondering how true your odometer reading would be, given the various tyre changes you did.
Thanks Biju. I quite dint get that odometer reading part. Upsizes were always correct AFAIK except for the 205/60/R13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Very thoughtfully written thread! Riju have you got the lucky new owners of your baby to sign on the forum?
Anirudh the new owner will sign up in a day or two and post her experience with the car and the buying experience.
Old 24th July 2009, 13:32   #68
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

I live pretty close by pal, should have given me a shout we could have had a chat over a coffee.
Sure.
Will give a shout when you are in your next ride . Do let us know about it soon.
Old 24th July 2009, 13:44   #69
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Whoaah ! You sold the Baleno !! Crazy man...sad but true now. Here's hoping a great motoring experience with your new car. I'm thinking SUV...going by your love for photography and outdoors !?
Old 29th July 2009, 17:18   #70

I am the heartbreaker who picked up Riju's car.

My ownership thread is at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...my-baleno.html

You can start throwing tomatoes / pizzas(because I like pizzas) here
Old 30th July 2009, 11:00   #71
BHPian

Riju, nice review!

I still remember the only time I saw your car, it was at woodrich resort. When you took me to hear it. Both of us were slosshed and I was thinking you would make me listen to your ICE .

Waiting for the diesel monster now.. if only this recession was not there.. I would have also peted my ride by now.
Old 30th July 2009, 11:16   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SowmyaHariharan
I am the heartbreaker who picked up Riju's car.
My ownership thread is at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...my-baleno.html
You can start throwing tomatoes / pizzas(because I like pizzas) here
Oh, so you are the lucky buyer chosen by Riju. Have a nice time with one of the most immaculately maintained Baleno's on the forum.

The tomatoes/pizzas will come flying only when the PETC (People for Ethical Treatment of Cars) hears of any car-abuse.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:28   #73
BHPian

Awesome story Riju. The Baleno has really touched your heart. It's going to be very difficult for a Diesel SUV to come anywhere close to the fun that Baleno provided. I hope you are buying a fast diesel car instead.

Oh! and btw, Baleno looks great, very classical and fast!
Old 2nd August 2009, 12:24   #74
BHPian

Hi Riju,

Sad to know that you have ended your love story with the baleno. You were one of the inspiration for me to buy my own baleno long back (reading your reviews was one of the reason why I had gone for baleno), but atleast the car is in real good hands and surely hope the car is taken car as much as you had.

Awaiting your new car and the new love story to begin with.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 2nd August 2009, 13:10   #75
Team-BHP Support

The nicest, tightest Baleno I've ever seen. Nice to know that it's gone to another TBHPian.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks