Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2010, 16:41   #46
BHPian

re: Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms

Hi @ Goandude,

Yours is the fatest dezire report on team-bhp. I presume you have put the ZDI HU in your car. Anyways thats a lot of driving you do in your car that I think anyone else could have done here. The leather in the car looks gr8.
Do take car of your car and she will keep you happy forever.
Old 14th December 2010, 16:59   #47
BHPian

Re: 17500 KM and engine keeps sipping oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
During the 15000 km service the oil level had gone to mil level on dipstick.
After a lot of research into this found that oil upto 0.15% of fuel burnt is OK. One of the references is here http://www.anst.ca/download/OilConsu...hureNA2010.pdf i.e. if you have driven distance with 100 litres of diesel, 150 ml of oil consumtion is ok. FE is constantly 20 with 80% highway drives. My mumbai commutes are 2 km /day. no smoke from exhaust and no leaks.

Now after 2500 km of driving oil is down like this pic shows. Attachment 468250

My question is do I top up? Or wait till the car becomes due for 20k service and show the fall in oil levels to service center?
Needless to say i will monitor oil level frequently.

PS. I'm due for a mumbai bangy mumbai run and a mumbai panchgani mumbai run later this month
I would suggest not topping up but do the following:
1. Regularly monitor the oil level.
2. Keep an oil can handy so that when the levels drop to near min, you can topup.
3. Do show the same to Vitesse during your 20K service so that they have that on record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Hi @ Goandude,

Yours is the fatest dezire report on team-bhp. I presume you have put the ZDI HU in your car. Anyways thats a lot of driving you do in your car that I think anyone else could have done here. The leather in the car looks gr8.
Nope, on the Dzire's, we get the factory fitted HU in VDI and VXI trim too which is not the case with the swift's.

Last edited by f1fan : 14th December 2010 at 17:01.
Old 14th December 2010, 19:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

re: Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Hi @ Goandude,

Thanks Anand, f1fan already replied regarding the HU. It is adequate but miss a USB, it only takes an aux jack. The slow oil loss is not a very happy thing.

f1fan. My enthusiasm got the better of me and i filled in 350 ml of Mobil delvax MX and oil level is at max. Thus with 2500 kms driving and about 125 liters of diesel 350 ml seems on the high side. Let me do the bangy trip over the weekend and see. But I will record it in my service that had to top up oil
Old 14th December 2010, 19:28   #49
BHPian

@goandude, Even my Dzire VDI is due for 20k service. i will go for it after my coimbatore drive this weekend. only problem i face is, it started to rattle in some places after my Goa drive last week. courtesy to chickmanglur-bellur ghat section with very bad road stretch.

I need some suggestion from you as you do lot driving and felt that you use the VDI to the maximum extent it should be used.

During my 20k service,
- can i prefer the actual engine oil suggested by MASS or anything i can suggest myself for a better performance.
- I am planning to change the head bulbs as the OE one doesn't serve much on highway with very less visibility. Does this change will have any bad impact on battery?
Old 15th December 2010, 10:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
@goandude,

During my 20k service,
- can i prefer the actual engine oil suggested by MASS or anything i can suggest myself for a better performance. THis depends on MASS to MASS some are OK with it some do not. I think they make some profit on sale of oil.
- I am planning to change the head bulbs as the OE one doesn't serve much on highway with very less visibility.I agree totally Does this change will have any bad impact on battery?Not at all on the battery
My answers in bold. hope it satisfies you. Somehow not faced the issues of rattles in my car and have been thru some really bad roads
Old 16th December 2010, 17:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:
f1fan. My enthusiasm got the better of me and i filled in 350 ml of Mobil delvax MX and oil level is at max. Thus with 2500 kms driving and about 125 liters of diesel 350 ml seems on the high side. Let me do the bangy trip over the weekend and see. But I will record it in my service that had to top up oil
Do make it a point to tell the folks at MASS that there was oil loss and you had to top up and see to it that it is on the job card. This will help in the future. if I recollect right from Gaddiwale's post, Maruti says 125ml/1000kms is normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
@goandude, Even my Dzire VDI is due for 20k service. i will go for it after my coimbatore drive this weekend. only problem i face is, it started to rattle in some places after my Goa drive last week. courtesy to chickmanglur-bellur ghat section with very bad road stretch.

I need some suggestion from you as you do lot driving and felt that you use the VDI to the maximum extent it should be used.

During my 20k service,
- can i prefer the actual engine oil suggested by MASS or anything i can suggest myself for a better performance.
- I am planning to change the head bulbs as the OE one doesn't serve much on highway with very less visibility. Does this change will have any bad impact on battery?
My updates on both (this is from folks at MASS with whom I had discussed this)
- Oil: They said that they generally put Maruti specified oil during service but will put any other oil that we want (I had asked them about changing to synthetic oil in my car). But they said that there might be issues if there is a warranty claim on the engine as they need to send across an oil sample which if is not from their approved list would lead to voiding of warranty.

- Bulbs: This again they said we can change but would lead to issues with electrical warranty if we add a higher rating bulb with cutout. Hence changed my OE to Philips Xtreme Power. It has the same ratings i.e. H4 bulb but has better brightness compared to OE. They say it is 80% more brighter which it surely is not, would put it at max 50%

Last edited by f1fan : 16th December 2010 at 17:33.
Old 16th December 2010, 17:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Do make it a point to tell the folks at MASS that there was oil loss and you had to top up and see to it that it is on the job card. This will help in the future. if I recollect right from Gaddiwale's post, Maruti says 125ml/1000kms is normal.

My updates on both (this is from folks at MASS with whom I had discussed this)
- Oil: They said that they generally put Maruti specified oil during service but will put any other oil that we want (I had asked them about changing to synthetic oil in my car). But they said that there might be issues if there is a warranty claim on the engine as they need to send across an oil sample which if is not from their approved list would lead to voiding of warranty.

- Bulbs: This again they said we can change but would lead to issues with electrical warranty if we add a higher rating bulb with cutout. Hence changed my OE to Philips Xtreme Power. It has the same ratings i.e. H4 bulb but has better brightness compared to OE. They say it is 80% more brighter which it surely is not, would put it at max 50%
Thanks for the update f1fan, I got the same reply about the oil change from MASS guys here in Bangalore when i enquired yesterday. But haven't checked about changing the bulb's I will enquire and do when taking it for the service.
Old 16th December 2010, 18:19   #53
TOR
BHPian

Have a Dzire VDi which has covered 32,000 kms. This is what i have noticed during various oil changes.

'MIN' mark on the dipstick corresponds to 2.5 Liters.

It only takes 400ml of oil to bring the oil level up to 'MAX'

Overfilling will surely risk the integrity of the seals and that of the turbo and so abstain from the same.

The consumption that is depicted here is within normal limits.
Old 16th December 2010, 21:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
'MIN' mark on the dipstick corresponds to 2.5 Liters.
It only takes 400ml of oil to bring the oil level up to 'MAX'
IIRC min is approx 2.1 so difference between max and min is 900 ml or so: gaddiwale may please comment.
Old 24th December 2010, 23:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pics of the Karlsson leather steering grip, gear boot and HB grip.

Wow thats looks really nice, how much did they charge you for the steering grip.
Also did you get that done here @ blore or somewhere else .
And if im not wrong they got a shop in indiranagar, right ?
Old 30th December 2010, 07:46   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Wow thats looks really nice, how much did they charge you for the steering grip.
Also did you get that done here @ blore or somewhere else .
And if im not wrong they got a shop in indiranagar, right ?
2500/- for steering, hand brake grip and gear boot. Yes the shop in indranagar behind sony world. besides the looks, the feel of the steering is great.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2010, 19:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Mods: could you please add to the title of this thread to "20,000 km report on Page 4"

Done about 19,600 kms so far on the car and it has continued to give me great driving pleasure. OT My son also got himself a silver swift VDI 2 weeks ago.

My driving has changed considerably from that in Goa. daily commute is less than a km one way to work but majority of driving has been on long trips, Bangalore twice, Nasik, Pune and Lavasa.

Few issues had cropped up, the brakes are not great and had a few close shaves on the expressway and in Mumbai. The engine oil and filter was changed at 15k km with 3 L of Mobil delvac 1300. The oil level before the change was midway between max and min. After 2500 km i.e. 17,500 km of running found the level 5 mm below max mark. Long awaited Maruti Dzire comes home. EDIT: Wheel bearing failure @ 57000 kms-p1010192.jpg

Brought this to the notice of Vitesse Prabhadevi during 20k service and they said oil consumption was normal but the brakes need overhaul. I had known about the brake booster retrofit by maruti but I kept quite. After the service checked out the brakes but they remained as it was. Fortunately my son with his new VDI was also getting his first service and we could compare brakes and his were much better. So Vitesse has raised the issue with Maruti and will be getting back to me. Hopefully they replace the booster. Details of this service is here4 and 5 service.xlsx

Mileage is great even with my short commutes 18.xx in mumbai and 23 on highway @100 - 120 km/h. Log is here mileage.xlsx

Had to redo the sinfilm on the sides and back with 3M SP35 which is much better than the faded Garware tints I had. Bosh wipers went on at 12 months of ownership.

The yokohama tyres are doing great and I have a lot of confidence in them on the twisties. But after comparing them with the 185/70 Michelins XM1+ on my son's car, the Yokos give a stiffer ride, drove over similar roads with tyres inflated to correct pressure.
Old 7th January 2011, 10:04   #58
Senior - BHPian

Got a phone call from Vitesse that the part has come and to drop by and change the booster. Dropped the car in the morning yesterday and got it back in the evening. During the trial i found that on hard braking all 4 wheels would lock up which did not occur with the previous booster. So I would say a definite improvement. Cost to pcket NIL . Thanks humyum and F1fan for starting the thread

They changed part no 5100N75J11 Cylinder assembly brake master, cost 3167/-, Brake fluid 266/- and AC Gas 763/-

BTW the tendency of the car to pull to the left which I reported during initial drive, reappeared after the wheel rotation. But then yesterday switched Left and right front wheels and the car is back to normal
Old 24th January 2011, 19:00   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Got a phone call from Vitesse that the part has come and to drop by and change the booster. Dropped the car in the morning yesterday and got it back in the evening. During the trial i found that on hard braking all 4 wheels would lock up which did not occur with the previous booster. So I would say a definite improvement. Cost to pcket NIL . Thanks humyum and F1fan for starting the thread

They changed part no 5100N75J11 Cylinder assembly brake master, cost 3167/-, Brake fluid 266/- and AC Gas 763/-

BTW the tendency of the car to pull to the left which I reported during initial drive, reappeared after the wheel rotation. But then yesterday switched Left and right front wheels and the car is back to normal
Hello, please let me know the new part number of the break booster ASAP
Thanks
Old 6th February 2011, 16:41   #60
BANNED

hey goandude, your car looks fantastic and well maintained. As you know, I too own a swift dzire vxi, and i feel the lighting is too inadequate for highway. For the city it is fair. I was planning to upgrade the bulbs too. Could you please throw some light on the procedure and what all should be bought to change the lights? And have you changed the lights of your fog lamps as well?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-thread.html

Last edited by DMehta : 6th February 2011 at 16:42.

Most Viewed