Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 11:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
Dadu you have made a good point, but i did not keep the records, as i thought Tata anways now has a centralised system and keeps the info in it. I will try do this from now on.
No issues, if you are in good terms with your SA, you can ask for a printout of your service history, it shouldnt be a problem.
Old 27th July 2009, 08:28   #17
BHPian

ACCESSORIES ADDED

1. Front and rear crash guards.
2. Reverse camera.
3. Leatherite seat covers.
4. Fog lamps and another pair mounted on crash guard.
5. Stereo-amp-woofer-speakers.
6. mud flaps and mat
7. Air pump and hydraulic jack.
8. Film on all windshields including front.

Accessories in mind
I sometimes miss the roof rack as lots of boot has gone with speakers and woofer. In a long drive you tend to have more luggage with kids and also the ice box..
Old 27th July 2009, 09:22   #18
BANNED

Have you made a note of the mileage/fuel consumption figures that you have managed so far in various conditions? And can we have some pics of the interiors as well please??
Old 25th September 2010, 15:46   #19
BHPian

40 k -3 Yrs Update

The car is completing around 3 yrs and recently got done it's 4th service. It did 2 grueling trips recently -

1. Delhi -Rishikesh-Chamba-Kanatal -Delhi
2. Delhi-Nainital-Ranikhet-Jim Corbett-Delhi

Gruelling because of lashing rains, the worst ever.While coming back crossed fresh landslides and torrential steams.

The last 15k Km were relatively any engine problem free. The recent problems were in A/C flow. Where the flow was always directed to front glass causing fog. And the condensation water was coming inside in the foot area.

One interesting problem is that middle-right passenger glass comes down automatically after rains. Also front passenger glass gets stuck while going up after rains. The stuck problem is since very long.

One more problem was driver seat belt not going back.

The bottom engine plate had come out from one side as safari went over a big rock because of my stupidity. After the car came back from service it appeared to have been placed back. However I was wrong. The plate came down while driving and got bent badly. The driver drove the car slowly to the mechanic who then removed the engine plate. Thankfully no engine damage done. Now i don't know what to do, New engine plate would be expensive and might not even find it. And service center people will be unhelpful as always.

I was also told the brake pads are gone and service center guy said it would cost me 4400. Got it changed from local mechanic - 990brake pads+250 labor
Attached Thumbnails
Safari LX 2.2 VTT 25 K Report-dsc02079.jpg  

Safari LX 2.2 VTT 25 K Report-dsc02275.jpg  

Safari LX 2.2 VTT 25 K Report-dsc02473.jpg  

Safari LX 2.2 VTT 25 K Report-dsc02526.jpg  

Safari LX 2.2 VTT 25 K Report-dsc02530.jpg  

Safari LX 2.2 VTT 25 K Report-m4h025201.jpg  

Safari LX 2.2 VTT 25 K Report-m4h025211.jpg  

Old 25th September 2010, 20:33   #20
BHPian

Nice Pics, what is the 5th pic all about, did the MAXX tried to cross the raging river? and how did you took the last one, nice pose.
Old 25th September 2010, 21:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Nice Pics, what is the 5th pic all about, did the MAXX tried to cross the raging river? and how did you took the last one, nice pose.
Yes the maxx got bored of waiting, and thought the buses waiting were idiots. He tried crossing raging river, got stuck, people panicked, tried coming out, and one Auntie got washed in the stream.

Last pic actually extracted out from a video..
Old 25th September 2010, 22:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
Yes the maxx got bored of waiting, and thought the buses waiting were idiots. He tried crossing raging river, got stuck, people panicked, tried coming out, and one Auntie got washed in the stream.

Last pic actually extracted out from a video..
Holy crap, what the hell he was thinking in his mind, Hope nothing devastating happened due to this.

The video should have been awesome in these areas, Please do share some parts of it with the beast.
Old 25th September 2010, 23:44   #23
BHPian

Hi Ankur,

Did you manage to do the Delhi - Leh route ? I read on your previous replies that you were planning to do ?

I really wanted to know the Safari's performance on the Changla Pass while returning from Pong Gong So lake. Of the all the riding i have done, that mountain pass remains as the most difficult, fulfilling and cherished memory

cheers
Old 26th September 2010, 06:45   #24
BHPian

Great pics. Please share the video.
Old 26th September 2010, 18:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by changaez View Post
Hi Ankur,

Did you manage to do the Delhi - Leh route ? I read on your previous replies that you were planning to do ?

I really wanted to know the Safari's performance on the Changla Pass while returning from Pong Gong So lake. Of the all the riding i have done, that mountain pass remains as the most difficult, fulfilling and cherished memory

cheers
Inshallah i would do the Leh by road in 2011. While returning from Ranikhet in extreme rains and driving over rocks and landslide, my confidence in the car is now one level up. When i drove to Manali in feb, the car performed fine in freezing temp also. So if all goes by plan, probably Leh in Aug-oct 2011. Many people have already taken safari both 2.2 and 3.0 to Leh with no troubles.
Old 29th September 2010, 10:53   #26
BHPian

LATEST UPDATE

Engine plate had fallen down the second day the car came back from the servicing. After mailing tata motors, the workshop (Sanya Motors) finally changed the engine plate. Now the only thing left is my driver side seat belt, which does not go back, once pulled. Trying to get it changed since almost 2 yrs now, but it is never in stock of the workshop, and as it is not a pressing issue, i ignore it for later. But as now my last yr of extended warranty comes, i need to get it changed.

It was nice to see a responsive tata motors customer care. However delhi desperately needs more tata workshops. The cars have increased, but the no. of workshops remain the same...
Old 13th July 2011, 12:14   #27
BHPian

50 K update

My car has recently completed 50k Km.

Sometime back the A/C became non functional. On checking they said the fan has somehow managed to cut the condensor core and thus gas has leaked. Both core and the fan needed to be changed. Total expense was 15k. Core was replaced under insurance. Had to pay around 6k for the fan. I still do not understand how it is possible for the fan to cut the condensor core.

ON a recent checkup, they said timing belt needs replacement. So following were changed -
  1. Timing belt - 3k
  2. Water pump - 2k
  3. tensioner - 3k
  4. idler
Timing belt and water pump was covered under insurance, had to pay for the rest. Bill around 3.5k.

Did a recent trip to Delhi-Pushkar-Chittorgarh. Round trip of about 1300 Km. The car performed decently on the trip. Noticed however that the car performance improves a lot on the highways when you add the additive fuel instead of the normal diesel.

I have also got changed the suspension ends at front from local mechanic. cost around 2.5 k. ALso got the front brake pads changed for around 1300.
ankur_gupta10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 12:24   #28
BHPian

Re: Safari LX 2.2 VTT 25 K Report

Tyre change -

Got my tyres changed from BK tyre in Lajpat nagar. A very good experience. Now i have a new set of Yokohama tyres and alloys. The tyres are wider at 255. Tyre cost is 9100 each. 4 alloys weer for 15K. Old tyres taken for 300Rs and rims for 200 Rs. Got good deal on unused stepny. Apollo Hawks with tube tyre, got 4k for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari LX 2.2 VTT 25 K Report-dsc04971.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2011, 17:21   #29
BHPian

Recently also changed battery, and bearings on the front wheel. Bearings changed for 1000+400 - parts+labor
Old 16th October 2012, 12:37   #30
BHPian

Closer to 70k. Some major events -

1. Changed rear brake pads.
2. Needed to change A/c belt again, as was making noise, and had cracked. - 400 part+400 labor at A.S.S
3. Clutch overhaul - 5k+3.5k labor at local mechanic.
4. Changed speed sensor - problem was wiring but oberoi motors also changed the sensor. 2k.
5. EGR valve cleaned - 1.6k - The car was giving pickup problem, autolinks V.K. gave me crap about fuel pump and injectors being faulty, and suggested i should get EGR valve cleaned, and be happy with whatever pickup i get. On more self probing found a wire was damaged by the condensor fan of radiator, and that was causing the car to loose pickup. Workshop mechanic do not spend time even properly visually checking the engine.
6. changed suspension ends - 900 parts+400 labor - local mechanic
7. A/C faulty - Leaky valves, took 2 trips to local mechanic and 2 time gas recharge. 1100+500Rs.

Recent problem is car is eating tyre, am told the camber is out. Need to check with service center.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks