Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 20:48   #76
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretooth911 View Post
@4x4addict: gotta check with the local tata guys regarding the ECU update in a few days when my car wil be due for service.

@jkdas: yeah guess i'l get over with the problem soon ..

@james: we'll catch up soon..waiting for the arun's mivec to arrive..i dint really have a problem driving it in the city and i make sure i'm on wider roads;-).. yeah i'm planning to install the reverse assist soon.

I'm really finding hard to find front guard and side step for this car.. plz help!!
Will give you the correct person to contact in Kerala, Calling you soon.

Quote:
congrats GKS... indeed a nice car to own.. i just got mine few days back and got it registered.
Attachment 176933

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Please go through Announcements section for our simple help article on uploading pictures.
Hey sabre is that you standing behind the car

Quote:
@shivag: thnks mate.
@MileCruncher: absolutely its hard to get in without the side step...i've been contacting my dealer(kvr kannur) for the same since i booked the car, they keep saying that they are out of stock.
I called up other tata dealers in kerala.. the one in cochin has it n they agreed to send it by parcel service.
Btw the car really lacks low end torque..a pain to drive in the city, otherwise its simply a beauty to drive..takes on curves at ease. awesome.
I agree with the low end torque issue. Self completed 2000+ since Jul15th09 and still finding it difficult to drive thru city traffic. planing to what 4x4 suggested. If possible will go for ECU upgrade or will get the engine tuned up.

Be careful about the tail. Its very easy to do a tail spin epically on curves. remember you are riding a beast with no harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Congrats, GKS!

@SabreGovind(..lol..) Nice car mate. When are you taking us for spin in it? Is it a pain to drive in the city cause of the Size? You must be having nightmares everytime you have to reverse in the city.
Thanks and as sabre promised he will take you for a spin, or else come to God's own country (Devils own people) I will do that for you.

About city driving its nothing. Imagine someone in a small/medium sized family car happens to see the beast in his rear view mirror the only problem which i have encountered so far is to find a safe parking space.

Last edited by Zappo : 4th July 2012 at 19:41. Reason: All back to back posts merged as a part of the housekeeping job.
Old 22nd August 2009, 21:50   #77
BHPian

GKS, I 'discovered' this thread only today! Ever since you mentioned in some other thread about Xenon, I wanted to PM you about ownership. My hearty congratulations.

In July when I was driving back from Kerala via Madurai, saw a Xenon in that cream/off white colour with alloys and wide tyres, a family was inside. Though I got only a glance while I was waiting at traffic signal at Madurai, the image is still in my memory.

Like JKDas said, am also thinking of driving the Adoor route next time :-)

Now am eagurely waiting for pictures with canopy installed. When I visited Prerana Motors in May/June they had just pictures to show.

In your drives, do you have adults sitting in the back seats? If yes, are they comfortable? How's the space and ride quality at back? Please let me know.

Viju
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:51   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm really finding hard to find front guard and side step for this car.. plz help!!
congrats on this awesome machine. get yourself a high lift suspension job. It'll suit the truck.

Last edited by 14000rpm : 22nd August 2009 at 22:55.
Old 24th August 2009, 21:32   #79
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
congrats on this awesome machine. get yourself a high lift suspension job. It'll suit the truck.
Planing some upgrades on the car, new suspension and wider rims are first on the list

Dear Mr.Viju

Do drop in when you pass by.

About the back seats, its very comfortable, I have done a short drive from Kottayam to Adoor (appx 64kms) with four adults without any complaints from the back seat. Eventhough the back seats are non adjustable the stock suspension does its job very well. Detailed report will be post soon. Not getting enough time because of the upcoming festive season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
New suspension? Why and how?
Need more ground clearance. Front engine guard is made of (think plastic) and also planing to spice up a bit.

Last edited by Zappo : 4th July 2012 at 19:43. Reason: Back to back posts merged as part of the housekeeping job.
Old 24th August 2009, 21:42   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKS View Post
Planing some upgrades on the car, new suspension and wider rims are first on the list
New suspension? Why and how?
Old 24th August 2009, 22:56   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKS View Post
Suspension lift!!!

Pardon my ignorance, but are off the shelf suspension mod kits available for the Xenos??? If yes what are the costs and what happens to the warranty of the beast!!!
Old 25th August 2009, 09:31   #82
NIP
Senior - BHPian

I do not think an aftermarket suspension kit is available. And its definitely NOT a good idea to tinker with all this right away...enjoy the beast and get the 'feel' of things before doing anything. IMO the GC is more than enough for routine activity.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:14   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

GKS. Easiest way to increase your GC is to get higher profile tires.
Old 25th August 2009, 21:35   #84
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Suspension lift!!!

Pardon my ignorance, but are off the shelf suspension mod kits available for the Xenos??? If yes what are the costs and what happens to the warranty of the beast!!!

With the service I get from my dealer I am not bothered about the warranty any more. Please check the next post. About the cost that is something I will have to figure it out. The dimensions of Xenon is almost close to Toyota Hilux pick up so upgrade shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
GKS. Easiest way to increase your GC is to get higher profile tires.

step by step bro, first let me get the car from the clutches of St.Antonies. Had given the car last Monday 17th Aug 09 to fix the canopy hopefully I will get the car tomorrow.

Last edited by Zappo : 4th July 2012 at 19:45. Reason: Merged back to back posts as a part of housekeeping job.
Old 25th August 2009, 21:56   #85
GKS
BHPian

Again at St.antonies

Dear all,
Please go thru the following email exchange between me and St.Antonies for the last couple of days. Will be surprised to see the attitude of the GM Mr.Sivaram specially instructing his employees to keep him out of the loop

Dear Mr. Sadanandan

Please be advised that I did not make any advance payment for any accessories when I purchased this car. Your staff in Pathanamthitta quoted the actual price not an estimate. I will produce a copy of your price quote when I come to Kottayam tomorrow.

Now all I am left to pay is for the bed liner RS8900/- and the paint job RS5225 which totals to RS14125/-

I am not going to pay for the mistakes or blunders your staff made.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM, st antonys motors (I) Ltd <stantonysmotors@dataone.in> wrote:
Dear Sir,
It is to inform you that the total cost of the accessories fitted in your vehicle is Rs.78485.00/- and an initial advance of Rs.55000.00/-.Only has been collected from you at the time of taking delivery of the vehicle. Canopy was received later on and the actual cost was known to us only after receiving the same. Hopes this facts has already been known to you also.
Further , Canopy is not supplied along with vehicle and it is an extra fitting accessories and supplied by TATA in stantered colour only .As such we have quoted Rs.5225.00/- for painting the same matching to body colour.
Accessories Cost 78485.00
Advance Paid
Balance23485.00
Painting Charge
Grande Total28710.00
Kindly confirm to complete the painting job.On confirmation for you we will inform the delivery dateRegards
N.Sadanandan
Manager Parts

To: samil
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:25 AM
Subject: Fwd: estimate for extra fittings Canopy Xenon

Dear Sadanandan,

Pl suitably reply and sort out this case. Customers should not directly interact with me. Praveen, Mathew Mathai also should be into the loop

Sivaram

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Aug 24, 2009 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: estimate for extra fittings Canopy Xenon
To: Sreedhara Kaimal <istanam@gmail.com>, biju.nair@tatamotors.com, cac@tatamotors.com
Cc: samil <stantonysmotors@dataone.in>, gopakottayam@gmail.com, rsnairadoor@gmail.com

Dear Mr.Sivaram

If I am not mistaken I have already paid for everything in the list except "Bed Timer", The payment was done on 15th of July 09. So why such a long list?.

I have mentioned over the phone clearly that, all I am interested to know is "How much should I pay when I reach Kottayam".

Dear Mr.Nair,

Please clarify that I have to pay extra for painting the canopy?. My order was for a canopy as per body color.

please check the following link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...on-xt-4x2.html

My contact details once again.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Sreedhara Kaimal <istanam@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Gopakumar,

Accessory cost and fitment estimate is attached.On receipt of your acceptance, we shall go ahead with the canopy body colour painting and deliver the car by tomorrow

regrads,

Sivaram.S.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: st antonys motors (I) Ltd <stantonysmotors@dataone.in>
Date: Aug 24, 2009 5:42 PM
Subject: estimate for extra fittings Canopy Xenon
To: istanam@gmail.com

Dear Sir,

Attached please find the estimate for extra fittings of accessories and painting of Canopy of Xenon-XL26A1122

Regards
N.Sadanandan
Manager Parts

Old 26th August 2009, 07:06   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

GKS: Unfortunately Tata Passenger Car dealers get their volume sales from the Indicab and Sumo market. They are not trained to deal with higher end cars that generally require more customer satisfaction than the Indicab buyer.
Old 26th August 2009, 07:33   #87
Senior - BHPian

@GKS: Why don't you show this email to the Regional Head or some biggie in Tata motors in Mumbai. I think this is enough to create a storm. Believe going forward you will get peace of mind.
Old 26th August 2009, 08:24   #88
BHPian

Is St Antony's a new dealership?Please forward the mail chain to Tata higher Ups.Atleast you will get better service next time...
Old 26th August 2009, 08:58   #89
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@GKS: Why don't you show this email to the Regional Head or some biggie in Tata motors in Mumbai. I think this is enough to create a storm. Believe going forward you will get peace of mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
Is St Antony's a new dealership?Please forward the mail chain to Tata higher Ups.Atleast you will get better service next time...
Please could you provide me with the address. Searched a couple of times but could not get any.
Old 26th August 2009, 15:45   #90
CDM
BHPian

GKS,

I had some major problems with my Indica that the dealer was unable to sort out despite repeated visits (the dealer did not want to change the entire fuel pump and related parts under warranty). I sent a fax to Ratan Tata's office at +91-22-66658001.

Thereafter, I got calls from the regional office and the dealer promptly changed the entire system. You can also try the same. Keep your fingers crossed!

CDM

Most Viewed