Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 21:37   #91
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
GKS,

I had some major problems with my Indica that the dealer was unable to sort out despite repeated visits (the dealer did not want to change the entire fuel pump and related parts under warranty). I sent a fax to Ratan Tata's office at +91-22-66658001.

Thereafter, I got calls from the regional office and the dealer promptly changed the entire system. You can also try the same. Keep your fingers crossed!

CDM

Thank you very much. This is the number I was looking for. Thanks a million.
Old 27th August 2009, 21:51   #92
GKS
BHPian

The beast is back

I finally got my car back, and with the canopy and bedliner on. sorry to say that I had to pay another RS25,000/- which I am planing to recover soon. Pics will be uploaded tomorrow.
Old 27th August 2009, 22:11   #93
Senior - BHPian

Finally the vehicle is back! Great.

And yes, waiting for the pics.
Old 27th August 2009, 22:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

Finally! Can't wait for pics dude

cheers
Old 27th August 2009, 23:46   #95
GKS
BHPian

Help

I am looking for TATA HQ email address, fax/fone/toll free numbers s dose not work. any help in this matter is highly appreciated.
Old 27th August 2009, 23:47   #96
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Finally! Can't wait for pics dude

cheers

Will post them tomorrow
Old 27th August 2009, 23:51   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKS View Post
I am looking for TATA HQ email address, fax/fone/toll free numbers s dose not work. any help in this matter is highly appreciated.
maybe this?

Tata Motors Customer Support :: Complaint

cheers
Old 28th August 2009, 21:00   #98
GKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Thanks all I got couple of good contact numbers, now awaiting action form someone.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:15   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKS View Post
Will post them tomorrow
Tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes. Still awaiting the pictures.

Update us on recent developments (if any) on your communication with the TATA office about the dealership behavior.

Last edited by wheeler : 8th September 2009 at 17:17.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:08   #100
Team-BHP Support

@GKS - where are the updates and the ownership report with pics? It has been a long time since last heard from you.
Old 15th September 2009, 12:25   #101
evo
BHPian

+1 to BlackPearl

Tell us how it is to live with, do you use it as a daily driver also?
Old 16th September 2009, 19:26   #102
BHPian

Had first problem with my Xenon.. while i was driving the rear wheels where getting jammed n there was no ply on the brake pedal.. immediately took to the local Tata service..where after about 3hrs they said that the brake Booster is spoilt.
now the problem is with the spares.. they dont have a ready brake booster since the one in Xenon is Double booster type unlike the one in safari or the sumo grande..
so the service manager told me he'll arrange it from somewhere n give the car in 4 days...fingers crossed..hoping they do it quick.

One more thing.. the air filter box was cracked (donno how) near the filter change indicator.. so they have to order that since it is exclusive for Xenon.. if they put the one in Safari the engine cover wont clip in. N its not included in the warranty:-(
Old 22nd September 2009, 07:53   #103
BHPian

Got my car back... n its job well done.. they replaced the boosters which come under warranty(9K) but i had to pay for the complete Air filter box(2K)...

Car actually feels good after the first service.. will update on the FE in coming posts.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:57   #104
BHPian

Hey Sabretooth911,

Please update your experience driving Xenon for last two months.
I believe the rear seats are foldable. Can you post some pictures of rear section with seats folded. I would also like to know if there is any storage space provided under the seats.

Any feedback is welcome as I plan to buy one in next couple of months.
Old 11th November 2009, 18:35   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
Hey Sabretooth911,

Please update your experience driving Xenon for last two months.
I believe the rear seats are foldable. Can you post some pictures of rear section with seats folded. I would also like to know if there is any storage space provided under the seats.

Any feedback is welcome as I plan to buy one in next couple of months.
I use my Xenon mainly for estate work n occasional weekend getaways

Ride and Handling:
i should say the car is really good when comes to handling,Both when laden n unladen.You might think the car might sway while taking curves, but you will be amazed the way she handles them at ease.
The acceleration is also pretty decent enough n cruises at 130kmph+ on highways without any hassle.Not much of turbo lag too n overtaking is a piece of cake (without downshift). The only thing is you need to get used to driving this pick-up in the city, need to remain mostly on 2nd or 1st.

Suspension:
Handles most of the craters at ease, kinda bouncy if you take it on them slowly(not so while laden).Good ground clearance is a plus point.Leaf springs at the rear might get noisy after a while is the warning given by the dealer.

Braking:
Its average when it comes to braking. lacks ABS. But they have provided with double brake boosters for the Xenon. I had a problem with rear wheel locking up coz of defective brake boosters ,but got it replaced at the service center. I never had any problem with braking,no lock ups.

Fuel economy:
i do regular city + highway. so it gives me an average 12.5 -13.5 (full time AC)

Interior:
The only thing TATA's have compromised on is the avg interior look ,cheap plastics n the non reclining back seat.
I can hear regular squeaking from door n seats(expected on a tata i guess)
Yes you can fold the back seat if a need extra storage space.But there is no storage space under the back seat.

Overall:
Its a great pick-up with comfort. Air conditioning is really amazing. plus lots of storage space in the cabin.Map box n bottle holder in each door.
Its a fully loaded pick-up basically.Its got powerful fog lamps+side view mirrors with indicators+ rear fog lamp+brake light on the loading door+puddle lamp on all 4 doors+Alpine Mp3 player with 4 speakers+analog clock+two cabin lamps+fully loaded tool box.
Look on the people while this pick-up passes by is Priceless

PS: as the vehicle has gone to estate for few days i will not be able to post the pics of the rear seat
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Xenon XT 4x2-xenon1.jpg  

Tata Xenon XT 4x2-xenon2.jpg  

Tata Xenon XT 4x2-image0086.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks