Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 16:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
hey guys, what would be the max load the bay would be able to take? am asking in the practical sense, not the specifed max load weight. at present we load up our 207 single cab to roughly 2.5 tons regurarly, would the xenon be able to take a ton? say after a change of tyres? also are there any radial load bearing tyres available in the market?
IIRC the rated pay load for the load bay is 250 Kgs. If you are looking for commercial purpose, I think you'll be better off buying other Pick-ups as they come much cheaper.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey guys, what would be the max load the bay would be able to take? am asking in the practical sense, not the specifed max load weight. at present we load up our 207 single cab to roughly 2.5 tons regurarly, would the xenon be able to take a ton? say after a change of tyres? also are there any radial load bearing tyres available in the market?
Xenon can take upto 1100 kg with stock tyres, due govt rule the payload capacity is registered very low, and second factor being the area for loading is small. the single cab can carry more but unfortunately that one is not available. With commercial vehicle radials [they are radials but not the kind we are used for SUVs] in 16 inch dia, but you'll need to change the rim too. it should be able to carry around 2-2.5 tons, The chassis can take it easily.
Towing capacity pretty decent to about 2 ton with braked trailer.
But if your looking for commercial use than like MileCruncher said your better off with some kind of commercial vehicle like 207DI or even 407 [payload 3 tons] these will be cheap to buy as well as maintain.

Last edited by dinar : 19th August 2009 at 17:08.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:33   #63
BHPian

congrats GKS... indeed a nice car to own.. i just got mine few days back and got it registered.
Tata Xenon XT 4x2-image0056v.jpg
Tata Xenon XT 4x2-image0057n.jpg

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Please go through Announcements section for our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th August 2009 at 17:47. Reason: External hosting of image not allowed, please go through Announcements. Thanks
Old 19th August 2009, 20:50   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
hey guys, what would be the max load the bay would be able to take? am asking in the practical sense, not the specifed max load weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Xenon can take upto 1100 kg with stock tyres, due govt rule the payload capacity is registered very low, and second factor being the area for loading is small. the single cab can carry more but unfortunately that one is not available.
In order to be registered as a passenger vehicle the load carrying capacity has to be rated lower than the passenger capacity. The mechanicals however are rated for a Ton as you can see from the specs of the export version which is mechanically identical. Not sure about 2.5 tons though. In this case you are better of going for the DI version with the 3.0 liter 407 engine. That's one work horse.
Old 19th August 2009, 21:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

hey thanks guys,
i was looking to replace my qualis and a 207di which is not being used much with the xenon, am looking for something to carry around my own stuff, such as diesel for my generators, machines which are small in size but weigh a lot and so-on.

guess will wait for the new jeep which is going to come from mahindra and then decide.

checked it out and didnt like the interiors, plus the pricing which i found a bit steep.
Old 20th August 2009, 17:30   #66
BHPian

Congrats GKS, nice ride there!! Do upload some side pictures! Am fallen in love with your Chrome bumpers, it looks awesome..
Old 20th August 2009, 20:38   #67
BHPian

Hey sabretooth911,

Your beast looks real cool and class . Congratulations!
Old 20th August 2009, 21:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hey sabre tooth, your beast looks amazing. BTW see that you don't have the side step. Isn't it a problem to get onto the car?
Old 21st August 2009, 09:36   #69
BHPian

@shivag: thnks mate.
@MileCruncher: absolutely its hard to get in without the side step...i've been contacting my dealer(kvr kannur) for the same since i booked the car, they keep saying that they are out of stock.
I called up other tata dealers in kerala.. the one in cochin has it n they agreed to send it by parcel service.
Btw the car really lacks low end torque..a pain to drive in the city, otherwise its simply a beauty to drive..takes on curves at ease. awesome.
Old 21st August 2009, 13:07   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretooth911 View Post
Btw the car really lacks low end torque..a pain to drive in the city, otherwise its simply a beauty to drive..takes on curves at ease. awesome.
VGT for the 2.2 DICOR kicks in at about 1700 rpm. I read on the Safari thread that Tata has an ECU update for the engine which makes the power delivery a little more smoother and reduces the turbo delay. You may want to check with one of the bigger dealers about applying the update to your xenon since both share the same engine with the same tuning specs.
Old 21st August 2009, 15:14   #71
BHPian

Congratulations guys!! Looks great and pretty different for the Indian roads.
Old 21st August 2009, 20:50   #72
BHPian

Congrats. Nice buy. Time to deck it up.
Old 21st August 2009, 20:55   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretooth911 View Post
@shivag: thnks mate.
@MileCruncher: absolutely its hard to get in without the side step...i've been contacting my dealer(kvr kannur) for the same since i booked the car, they keep saying that they are out of stock.
I called up other tata dealers in kerala.. the one in cochin has it n they agreed to send it by parcel service.
I thought new 2.2Ls come with new ECU remap.

Why is it a pain to drive? Should be a matter of getting used to.
Old 21st August 2009, 21:39   #74
BHPian

Congrats, GKS!

@SabreGovind(..lol..) Nice car mate. When are you taking us for spin in it? Is it a pain to drive in the city cause of the Size? You must be having nightmares everytime you have to reverse in the city.
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:30   #75
BHPian

@4x4addict: gotta check with the local tata guys regarding the ECU update in a few days when my car wil be due for service.

@jkdas: yeah guess i'l get over with the problem soon ..

@james: we'll catch up soon..waiting for the arun's mivec to arrive..i dint really have a problem driving it in the city and i make sure i'm on wider roads;-).. yeah i'm planning to install the reverse assist soon.

I'm really finding hard to find front guard and side step for this car.. plz help!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks