Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 21:29   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Unni, This confusion is due to the change in the user manual when they brought in a 5k kms - 5.5k kms service interval. Previously it was 1k kms service, next was 15k kms service. Now they brought in 5.5k kms but what they did not do, or rather over-looked, was that the work to be done is different! So, as of now, people with "new" service booklet are doing most of the work that is actually required, or specified for 15k kms!
And so all is fine. Good.

Quote:
Apart from this, I noticed one strange thing. There is a sticker under the hood, near to the central lock. There is a sticker with the VIN number and a description of the vehicle. It mentioned, "Safari GX Mineral Red 4x2"!!! Duh!!! Horn OK, Please!!!
Is the front differential still there??
Old 12th October 2009, 22:23   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
... Is the front differential still there??
Ya! Sure is!

(Thankfully!)
Old 12th October 2009, 22:36   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Safari GX Mineral Red 4x2"
Mine says, Safari GX Quartz Black 4x2, so I think our front differentials are being fit by the dealers and not by Tata
Old 13th October 2009, 04:08   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@Amit,
(Where do you still get Reliance diesel? Didn't know Reliance was back in business!)
The RPM fluctuation is what is plaguing TSK's vehicle for quite some time and TML is still scratching their head. I hope all are related to the same issue.
I got it at ChikBallapur about 50KM from Bangalore.
Yes they reopened silently in April 2009 in few states, I saw reliance outlets open in Karnataka and AP in Sept 2009.
Old 13th October 2009, 08:41   #230
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post

Gaadi has some weird power drop
Baaki sab theek hai

The steering wheel is disintegrating
Baaki sab theek hai

Front passenger seat squeaks like a drowning mouse
Baaki sab theek hai

Headlights are pathetic
Baaki sab theek hai

I was assigned an untrained/wrongly trained SA
Baaki sab theek hai

They did not wash my car properly
Baaki sab theek hai

I was made to pay close to 3500/- bucks for a 'free' service
Baaki sab theek hai
ROFL... Rightly summed up, by the way, HappyWheels and LukeSkyWalker, in case you need better service from Concorde, come with me to Concorde Hosur Road, I know all the guys out there personally and will make sure that "Baaki sab sach much theek hai"
Old 13th October 2009, 09:06   #231
BHPian

Sudden drop of power for a second may not be due to air supply because if it was then there would be thick black smoke generated.In Safari, the turbo boost is electronically controlled right?Even a sudden drop in turbo boost could cause a drop in power.
Old 13th October 2009, 09:27   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
Sudden drop of power for a second may not be due to air supply because if it was then there would be thick black smoke generated.In Safari, the turbo boost is electronically controlled right?Even a sudden drop in turbo boost could cause a drop in power.
Incidentally this gasping for a second is associated with a puff of black smoke and is visible in city driven vehicles . Several people including me reported that System - D solves the issue. I observed this before ECU re-flash and it used to occur before turbo kicks in ( just observation can not be 100% sure).

I think this phenomenon is observed in other Diesel engines outside Indian as well . And there was a link with technical explanation somewhere on Safari 2.2 thread IIRC
Old 13th October 2009, 09:56   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Incidentally this gasping for a second is associated with a puff of black smoke and is visible in city driven vehicles ...
Absolutely; which is why I am surprised since I do not get any black smoke.
Old 14th October 2009, 11:39   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Incidentally this gasping for a second is associated with a puff of black smoke and is visible in city driven vehicles . Several people including me reported that System - D solves the issue. I observed this before ECU re-flash and it used to occur before turbo kicks in ( just observation can not be 100% sure).

I think this phenomenon is observed in other Diesel engines outside Indian as well . And there was a link with technical explanation somewhere on Safari 2.2 thread IIRC
That was me.

Quote:
Absolutely; which is why I am surprised since I do not get any black smoke.
Since you are still getting it and as found it reduces with System-D. I cam suggest for people having done 15k KM's, BG244 and for people crossed 7.5K KM, BG248, its a better formula than System D and is needed after the mentioned intervals only.
Old 14th October 2009, 12:07   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
That was me.

Yes Sir , I fully attributed to you few posts back ( just scroll little below )

I was just pointing to some technical stuff you posted related to this on 2.2 VTT thread which I could not dig again seeing the size of thread.
Old 14th October 2009, 14:34   #236
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from a Pune number 66495700, from TATA motors asking for feedback on the recent service.

Not sure what those guys over there are smoking!!!

Good initiative of having the call done in the local language. Worst application when the caller does not understand anything else!!!

The lady just kept ranting off, even after my 3 request to please talk in English! Not sure where I signed that said that I will take all my communication in language of the state of service!

Lousy system and I just cut the call. Totally useless service!!!

Someone should tell the CRM head at TATA that English is the preferred communication language for few of its customer!!!
Old 14th October 2009, 16:15   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
That was me.

Since you are still getting it and as found it reduces with System-D. I cam suggest for people having done 15k KM's, BG244 and for people crossed 7.5K KM, BG248, its a better formula than System D and is needed after the mentioned intervals only.
Is this available at TASS or MASS ?
Old 14th October 2009, 17:23   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
communication in language of the state of service!
Someone should tell the CRM head at TATA that English is the preferred communication language for few of its customer!!!
Interesting.

I get calls from Citibank Chennai (044xxx) where some Tamilian executive tries to speak in Hindi. Same thing w/ Airtel- they talk to me in Hindi (from Delhi/NCR number). Not that I have a problem with this arrangement, but, I can't understand half the sentences when a Tamilian speaks Hindi on a cracking mobile phone audio.

Looks like they are inspired by PSUs.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 14th October 2009 at 17:34. Reason: typo
Old 14th October 2009, 17:29   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

Looks like they are inspired by PSUs.

-BJ
Its Market demand not PSU inspiration , Demand for Hindi and regional languages is quite higher then we chattriati class can imagine.
People in Metros think everyone can speak English but actual percentage is quite low.

It looks obvious but we tend to ignore

We discovered this by a "revealing" product research for mobile phones and if you have noticed most of the mobiles now have Hindi and other Indian language support.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:29   #240
Senior - BHPian

^^ Now most of the providers have a multi-language interface, but the user can select the language!

I was expecting the lady to talk in English or transfer me to someone who does when I requested her, but she just continued in the single breath recitation competition!

Most Viewed