Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 21:54   #271
Senior - BHPian

Hello Hari,

As mentioned earlier, I am going to check the figures once again over this weekend. It is too good to be true, but I am sure that is what I got.

My suggestion will be to drive at 1900rpm and keep the speed within 100kmph and check. I am sure you will be surprised. But then, for this, it is a challenge - it get pretty boring and frustrating! You will need to resist the temptation to floor it!
Old 10th February 2010, 17:46   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion will be to drive at 1900rpm and keep the speed within 100kmph and check. I am sure you will be surprised. But then, for this, it is a challenge - it get pretty boring and frustrating! You will need to resist the temptation to floor it!
Do you do this on long drives just to get those figures??
I'm sure you don't, but why make a drive "boring" and "frustrating"?
Old 10th February 2010, 19:44   #273
Senior - BHPian

With the vehicle gliding at 80kmph, on the wonderful 4 laned NH, and also doing it alone, what else is bound to happen. Only had Micheal Jackson for company;best time to try out the hidden vocal talent of mine(!).

I reckon I'll be doing a solo drive back from Palaghat on Monday; more singing practice.
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:18   #274
Senior - BHPian

Crossed the 11,000 kms mark on the recent trip.

And as for the fuel consumption, covered 917 kms on 54.37 liters; 16.86kmpl. So, the earlier mileage was not an anomaly.

Need to go in for a voluntary alignment and also change one of the fog lamps. It conked off somewhere on the way back, and it seems to be might difficult to get access to the holders to do an DIY change!!!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 23rd February 2010 at 21:20.
Old 24th February 2010, 06:42   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Crossed the 11,000 kms mark on the recent trip.

And as for the fuel consumption, covered 917 kms on 54.37 liters; 16.86kmpl. So, the earlier mileage was not an anomaly.

Need to go in for a voluntary alignment and also change one of the fog lamps. It conked off somewhere on the way back, and it seems to be might difficult to get access to the holders to do an DIY change!!!
HappyWheels, You really bring me a lot of boast on mileage front
Btw, I too used to floor the gas pedal to reach 140 in my my Indigo Marina earlier. But, last couple of high-way drives, I started maintaining 100-110 speed and found it to be "PEACEFUL" and "EFFICIENT" in terms of time. Either, it takes the same time as I used to reach 140 or 10-15 mins earlier than that. May be, the reason be if we reach 140 and want to slow down, vehicle comes down to 70-80 and again takes a while to get back to that speed. If we maintain 100 KMPH, either we may not need to do panic breaking (so speed doesnt come down drastically) OR well managed b/w 90-100 if needed.

Prem.
Old 24th February 2010, 10:43   #276
Senior - BHPian

Prem,

Few things I noticed when I drive at 80-100 kmph:

- Great mileage
- No rush; I get to see people perform all circus by zooming past me and some time later they are stuck behind a vehicle, while I get to slow down merely by releasing accelerator a bit earlier (do note that I was part of the zooming crowd for a very long time!)
- Since I have time to react better to road surprises, I find that I am less pissed-off (read as - low road rage) with the ignorant lot that we often come across on the highways.
- If demand occurs, I know I have enough power reserve left to quickly pass or get cleared of from / cross a point.
- As you noted, no panic brake - fuel saved, longer brake life.

All said and done - I get to enjoy my ride and the icing is the mileage!
Old 25th February 2010, 23:03   #277
Senior - BHPian

nice pictures and nice figures as well.Enjoy your ride and keep clocking those miles.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:13   #278
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Vijay!

From yesterday evening I noticed that there is a sound coming out of the central a/c. The sound is similar to one that you get when a strained part is barely holding onto the fixture! Looks like the holders of the central a/c are getting stressed out!

And this is when I ride on good roads. I can understand queaks and rattles, but did not expect this one. Hope it is not much of an issue.
Old 28th February 2010, 14:59   #279
Senior - BHPian

Did a wheel alignment yesterday at Concord, Mysore road.

They used a 2006 4WD Safari's parameter setting; the parameters have been updated for the as per the new advice from TATA; had had that checked by the SA.

Spent all of Rs.496/- for that.

Also had a fog lamp bulb replaced after it had blown out sometime back. Also got a good wash done while there.

One other thing that I noticed was that, when I was parking the vehicle late night, one of the head lights blew!!!

Now, the lights blowing stats are getting too frequent: first it was the left side brake light, then the right fog lamp and now the left head light!!!

Comparing with the Alto of mine, I actually forgot the last time I had replaced any bulb in that!

One scare while at TASS: the mechanic was running a check on all liquids and topped up the wiper fluid. After that, the rear glass water spray was not working, as in, now water. The mechanic removed a connection from just below the passenger side dash and ended up successfully flooding the floor. Due to the 'red' carpet, most of the water, almost a tank full, was held on the carpet and I was able to just pour it out! Phew!

The issue, finally was, just due to lack of time given for the water to flow all the way back! Refilled the wiper tank, once again, and it was back to its working form.

Now trying to gather information on the TASS provided AMC. Was given a quote for Rs.9700 for 30k kms/2years or 31k for 45k kms/3 years. They cover all consumables. Comments will be appreciated.
Old 19th March 2010, 21:58   #280
Senior - BHPian

Had issue with the cabin lights not switching one when the boot door was opened. The switch inside the door latch was the culprit. WD40 took care of freeing it up. Now it works. (Thanks to Amitk26 for pin pointing the issue) ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...hread-127.html )

If it repeats, then will try for a warranty replacement.
Old 20th March 2010, 00:14   #281
Senior - BHPian

It seems Tata and Fiat have the same supplier for bulbs. I have got three fused number plate bulbs and one tail lamp in two years on my car. Ironically, I have not had a single fused bulb in 5 years on my Pulsar.
Old 20th March 2010, 09:14   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Had issue with the cabin lights not switching one when the boot door was opened. The switch inside the door latch was the culprit. WD40 took care of freeing it up. Now it works. (Thanks to Amitk26 for pin pointing the issue) ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...hread-127.html )

If it repeats, then will try for a warranty replacement.
I too had a problem on boot door latch.

Apparantly boot door latch is a problem

WD40 did not solve the problem.

The problem resulted in light remaining on, the door open symbol in the dashboard showing that a door is open and the doors would not lock as a result.
Apparantly something shorted somewhere.

I tried for extended warranty - too much of a hassle (the extended warranty)- got is changed - Rs. 750 and came back.

P.S: BTW the extended warranty was refused. I will have to fight it out - when I can find time
Old 20th March 2010, 10:19   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...One other thing that I noticed was that, when I was parking the vehicle late night, one of the head lights blew!!! ...
This ended up being a loose contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
It seems Tata and Fiat have the same supplier for bulbs. I have got three fused number plate bulbs and one tail lamp in two years on my car. Ironically, I have not had a single fused bulb in 5 years on my Pulsar.
Good point about the supplier's quality. Next time let me procure the same specification bulb from an accessory store and check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
...The problem resulted in light remaining on, the door open symbol in the dashboard showing that a door is open and the doors would not lock as a result.
Apparantly something shorted somewhere.

I tried for extended warranty - too much of a hassle (the extended warranty)- got is changed - Rs. 750 and came back.

P.S: BTW the extended warranty was refused. I will have to fight it out - when I can find time
Try fixing one thing and another gets "unfixed"!!!

And strange that they refused EW for a latch!
Old 29th March 2010, 10:30   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This ended up being a loose contact...
And this is back!

Lights not switching on when boot door is opened. Pressing for warranty replacement on 15k service.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:28   #285
Senior - BHPian

How many more kms to 15k Suresh? You need to catch up fast

Most Viewed