Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 09:51   #31
BHPian

Hey HappyWheels!! Congrats on the new purchase!! She looks absolutely gorgeous in that colour combination.

Could'nt stop noticing, your temp needle is bit past half way mark. Is that normal? As in most Safari's and even mine it stays put exactly in the middle.

Cheers
Ramesh
Old 10th August 2009, 10:42   #32
adc
Senior - BHPian

Hearty congratulations - so now where's big trip now in the coming months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Need to decide between Osram's 55/60 (which are highly recommended)
Osram 55/60 definitely is the overwhelming choice out here and when I changed the bulbs decided on Osram itself until I saw this one and only real comparison post by abbey4u

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post952367

As he summarizes: "I found Xtreme power more practical. Remember the roads are grey and with rains, potholes, patches etc its hard to see them at high speed in a blue tint.
"

Philips Xtreme Power 55/60 is what I have and it has been a good choice for me, have now quite a few long distance highway night drives and nothing like it, particularly as abbey points out the high beam light power in breaking the night darkness. But then of course I have never tested or seen on how Osram would be like in this situation but then abbey did that test for us

May be to get above this confusion, then just go for the 90/100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Could'nt stop noticing, your temp needle is bit past half way mark. Is that normal? As in most Safari's and even mine it stays put exactly in the middle.

Cheers
Ramesh
Oh yes did notice that too and its just so slightly. Does not look anything is blocking air flow [remember turbaman had a cardboard packing left in front of the radiator!]. Do check the oil level or otherwise.

Last edited by adc : 10th August 2009 at 10:55.
Old 10th August 2009, 10:53   #33
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sad part is that they made a COMPLETE mess of the fitment! The seats are more pathetic than they look in the photos! Need to get some competant person to tighten it and make it a perfect fit.
You can try Evo in Ulsoor area. He does a good job. Else, figure out the strapping mechanism and DIY at home (which I'm sure you'll be keen to do )

Quote:
The light are totally inadequte! With the oncoming traffic driving at full-beam and my 55/60 lights, I was driving blind! Too dangerous. Kept following a car for safety. Need to decide between Osram's 55/60 (which are highly recommended)
You can also switch to Philips Xtreme Power Bulbs as they are a plug-and-play variety (55/60) without the need to cut any wires/install any relays. They also perform well and cost ~Rs. 750 for a pair.
Old 10th August 2009, 10:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Finally! A detailed Initial Ownership Thread right from booking onwards, quite a pleasure to read and see the "happy" man with his wheels trying his best to disguise his grin!
Old 10th August 2009, 11:01   #35
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Happywheels! I like your handle.

Yours is one of the rare threads where one can read and feel the buying experience right from the start. Thanks a ton for that!

Happy motoring!
Old 10th August 2009, 11:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

@Dippy: Thank you! For the cost, I am getting lot of features which I require. Happy me!

@DKamath: The RedBull it is! We noticed only 2 Mineral Red Safari's in Concord; one was mine (which we always noticed to be at the lower basement) and the other the one in the display (a 4x2).

Possible that you have seen my vehicle when it was brought up for the accessories fitment. Good to know that we have so many eyes!

@Mjothi: Just pulling your leg, sir! Will give you the full explanation of the joke when we meet next.

@Suman: Mmm... yes, too many threads. But I did not want to clutter the previous thread which, as rightly pointed by our journo, ran into multiple pages even before the vehicle was anywhere in sight!!! So, to have a clean start, I started this.

@Ram_West: Thank you! For the temp needle, as mentioned before, it is attributed to the new engine. I expect it to settle down over the next few days but definitely after first service. If not, will get it checked.

@ADC: Thanks a lot! Weekends booked for the month.
And thanks for the pointers on the light. I have had a very bad experience with Xenon lights that I had purchased from Dubai and used in my Alto here. Pure white light and dream to use when weather is clear. And a horror to use when it rains! Recents posts suggest to use a yellow color plastic bag as a thin sheet on the headlight for better visibility, which I do not think is the right way (except emergencies). So, white light is not to my taste. (Not true for HID's)
Let me also check out the two options, but with the note being made about the rain effect, Philips Xtreme is a better choice. I reckon I will try both and then decide.

And, now that you mentioned it, will check for any air blocking. Should have been caught by our multitude checks, but nothing to lose by checking again.

@GPA: Thanks for reminding me of Evo. Had thought of heading down to him for my Alto's ice. But now that is on hold. And a DIY - seems to be a good chance to do it. And roger on the Philips Xtreme.

@Architect: Thanks! I am trying to patent that pose with the Michelins, lest someone does a similar one! ROFL!!!

@JVH: Thanks a ton! It are appreciations like these, from like minded good willed people, that makes a person share the experience. I have been lucky on that front so far over here.
Old 10th August 2009, 11:36   #37
Team-BHP Support

so you finally have her in your hands. I am sure you will be looking at first service in a few days
Old 10th August 2009, 12:11   #38
BHPian

Congrats Happywheels, Awesome color. It was hilarious to read how you decided on this color. . By the way, the bull needs a good quality tints else it would be too hot on a sunny day with such large glass area. One of the VFM option is 3M CR 70 for the front and CR 50 for the rest. And yes, Philips Extreme power 60/55 is adequate for the night drive. It has comparatively longer throw and I was more than satisfied in couple of my night drives to Mangalore recently.

Last edited by bkishore_77 : 10th August 2009 at 12:14.
Old 10th August 2009, 14:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

@TSK: Yup, finally! First service will be next week. 30kms a day till Friday and then 800kms of highway + town run at native will put me well in place for that.

@BKishore: Thanks you! Yes, the tints are a bit lighter than my estimate. Need to find out a work around. This comes with a 5 year warranty. Not sure how much that helps. Also planning on VCool for the front windsheild. Philips XTreme is on the radar as of now.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Suresh,

i would suggest you get Osram Silverstar or the Philips Extreme Power rather than going for 90/100 setup.

I have used Osram Silverstar and they will give you 30% increase in light and throw of beam and the coupled with the clearlens fog lamps, you should be good to go.

Also, try changing the Headlight leveller settings to get the desired elevation of throw.

If none of these look good to you, then you can go for 90/100 with Relay etc.

Osram silverstar costs around 350 for a pair.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
I have used Osram Silverstar and they will give you 30% increase in light and throw of beam and the coupled with the clearlens fog lamps, you should be good to go.
I agree - I've been using Silverstar for ages & I'm quite happy with them.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:46   #42
BHPian

COOL!! its very beautiful. my friend beleives that the red on safari does not well with it. well i will definitely show him your pics. and prove him wrong.

you named it redbull !! awesome.

"redbull gives you wings" - i bet your spirits are flying high!

congratulations!!
Old 10th August 2009, 18:02   #43
BHPian

Congratulations Suresh for the amazing buy. The pics don't look as good as the red safari looks in real. The Real earth color on the bumper looks kind of dull silvery paint. It is a bit shiny and nice in real.

The concorde guys are very sad to deal with. They are not at all responsive. On the lighting part, please update me soon. I will be picking mine this Friday. on the Interior front, the Beige or any light color would have still done it for you. You could have got the seats cleaned once in a while for any stains or dirt. The seats you've put are no justice to the over all looks of the vehicle. And If i am not wrong, GX comes with leather seats. whats the point of covering it with one more layer. If stock leather covers give up then you could think something else.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

I have my insurance with Bajaj Alliance. They have a tie-up with TATA for cashless claims.

For reference, I have attached is the list of workshops where they have tie-ups, India wide.

Bajaj Alliance - Workshop list for Tata All over India.xls
Old 10th August 2009, 18:36   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

First of all it was lovely reading the previous and this thread. You have enmeshed us in feeling your trial and tribulations and finally the triumph of becoming and owner. Congrats on your ownership.

Quote:
The light are totally inadequte! With the oncoming traffic driving at full-beam and my 55/60 lights, I was driving blind! Too dangerous. Kept following a car for safety. Need to decide between Osram's 55/60 (which are highly recommended) or just a plain swap of bulbs to 90/100 (need to check if this is still possible; it was in the 3L) or if I need to do a relay + bulb change. This is regardless of the fact that HID's are in-store later.
A bit of OT here but have you considered the overall impact of such decision making? If really blinding the oncoming guy was really the solution. While this will make some of them dip their headlight more chance is that he will drive on blind. This gives rise to more dangers than increasing safety.

Whatever the wattage or focus of your beams trying to force the oncoming guy in to blindness is not a solution. It is better to slow down than try to keep on the same speed.

Let us not start a race to do on to others what they are doing to us. On personal front let me assure you that I drive a lot at night on highways and follow this rule as much as I can.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks