Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 21:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Can someone confirm this: ... I can express-down (from the drivers console) any of the windows. Was this a standard feature available from day 1?
Confirmed. In my Feb/09 VX- all windows are express down from pilot window controls. Like it

-BJ
Old 13th August 2009, 22:16   #77
Senior - BHPian

ROFL! What to say MJothi!

I seems to have got the visit-us-again flu!

Of all the things that they could have messed up, the did the number plate stamping wrong. Instead of JayaNagar RTO, the number plate had Yestwanthpur RTO number. ROFL!!!

Thankfully I caught a glimpse of the plate before that guy fixed; so stopped him and called up the sales guys to check. So, as of now, I should get the plate fixed tomorrow morning, and if that is not ready, I will just stick a printout and drive off!

So that is that!

Apart from that, did a refill today from Shell and for 347kms of pure city driving the RedBull drank 26 liters; that translates to a cool ~13kmpl. Note that this is just city, bumper to bumper and also the first 63kms of our beloved TATA and Concord personnels driving.

Am I pleased - hell yeah!!!

And yes, did check the fluids et la - all a-ok!

All set for tomorrows drive.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Confirmed. In my Feb/09 VX- all windows are express down from pilot window controls. Like it

-BJ
Absolutely a great feature. Especially since all the doors apart from the front ones are set to child lock, this helps when wife sits at the back and she needs to open the door (using the outside handle).

Last edited by HappyWheels : 13th August 2009 at 22:34.
Old 13th August 2009, 22:19   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I seems to have got the visit-us-again flu!

Of all the things that they could have messed up, the did the number plate stamping wrong. Instead of JayaNagar RTO, the number plate had Yestwanthpur RTO number. ROFL!!!
Oh, that's bad. But man, you crossed those new vehicle syndrome I guess. You had real patience to identify the mistake

May be ask him to fix the number plate while giving it for the 1000KMs initial checkup.
Old 13th August 2009, 22:27   #79
Senior - BHPian

^^ Guess the new vehicle syndrome is yet to wear off! Darn!!!

Since the road tax is paid, I have the scanned copy of the receipt with me now. Will get the original tomorrow morning. So, for me, that and the print out is more than enough. (Well, the temporary registration is also good enough).

Hopefully, they get the plates for me in time tomorrow.

And yes, patience is something I am getting used to. In fact I called up the sales guy and just joked at the whole thing and requested him to get the right plate to me ASAP.
Old 14th August 2009, 09:17   #80
BANNED

Happy Cruising Happy Wheels

Happy Cruising to Happy Wheels today...
Old 14th August 2009, 09:23   #81
BANNED

Quote:
^^ Guess the new vehicle syndrome is yet to wear off! Darn!!!

Dont worry, with the Safari that syndrome is never going to wear off.

The Safari has a different charisma and character that builds a bonding. You'll eventually get hooked to it.

You'll know it in some more days

Happy journey anyways. & that mileage is a killer is'nt it buddy.
Old 14th August 2009, 09:40   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Happy Cruising to Happy Wheels today...
Thanks Dev! Looking forward to the drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Dont worry, with the Safari that syndrome is never going to wear off.

The Safari has a different charisma and character that builds a bonding. You'll eventually get hooked to it.

You'll know it in some more days

Happy journey anyways. & that mileage is a killer is'nt it buddy.
As of now, I am hooked, big time! Time will tell how it goes. But then, with so much of scouting for information about the vehicle and getting to know it better even before buying one, well, that is something I never though I will do!

And yes, that mileage is definitely something I LOVE!!! I am not guessing what my highway run might return.

@All,
Did my first wash of the guy today. 1 whole hour!!! A very good workout, I must say.

Need advice from fellow owners as to how do you guys do it??? Pavan, especially you??? I do not like outsourcing the wash, since I like to notice any anomaly when I wash, so that is not an option.

And washing the roof, well, decided to let my daughter do it. Make her sit on the roof and hand over the cloth. She gets to play in water and I get the roof washed! (LOL)

So, here he is, after a wash:
Tata Safari GX 4x4 Mineral Red | 98,000 km and counting | EDIT: Sold-imag0065.jpg

EDIT:
@DEV: Do you notice a flag on the dash? Well, my daughter asked me to thank you for that!!!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 14th August 2009 at 09:41.
Old 14th August 2009, 09:47   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Need advice from fellow owners as to how do you guys do it??? Pavan, especially you??? I do not like outsourcing the wash, since I like to notice any anomaly when I wash, so that is not an option.

And washing the roof, well, decided to let my daughter do it. Make her sit on the roof and hand over the cloth. She gets to play in water and I get the roof washed! (LOL)

Do you notice a flag on the dash?
He he... Dont use shampoo firstly, Sonax car wash liquid works great. and also plain water would do more good.

I clean the first half of the roof standing on the middle seats grabbing the roof rails. (both sides)

The rear standing on the rear bumper. thats it buddy, the roof is cleaned.

Careful with your kid buddy, the roof is slippery.

And Wish you a Happy Independence day.
Old 14th August 2009, 09:53   #84
BANNED

I also wash cars no....

Quote:

DEV: Do you notice a flag on the dash? Well, my daughter asked me to thank you for that!!!
Anytime Sir....she can enjoy the flag... Also, I can tell you how I wash my car, even though I m not a Safari owner...if you permit...

Hey, by the way, did you put 90/100 bulb on the left headlamp now?
Old 14th August 2009, 09:57   #85
Senior - BHPian

@Pavan,

No shampoo or any other stuff, just plain water spraying and soak wiping. And yes, I have the Sonax wax wash, but that will be for later use.

For the roof, I did by standing on the side foot support and for the back side, on top of the tire (the way the bus cleaners do!!! Great sight!!! )

Yes, the roof is slippery and I need to be extra careful!

And, wish you too and all the rest of the folks here, a Happy Independence Day!

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
... Also, I can tell you how I wash my car, even though I m not a Safari owner...if you permit...

Hey, by the way, did you put 90/100 bulb on the left headlamp now?
Advices always welcomed! Please go ahead.

Bulbs changed and they are a dream! I think I might need to check the alignment since the low beam is very low,it is more like a fog lamp. I reckon the highway drive will let me know if anything needs to be done or this is fine the way it is.

UPDATE:
Did the conversion to 90/100 (yeah, after all the talk of Osram and Phillips Xtreme!). No wire cutting or any circus. The whole wiring kit was hand crafted, a wonderful work it was, and just plugged into the existing wiring. So, now warranty issue.

Here is a photo showing the kit used and the way the wiring kit has been made out.
Tata Safari GX 4x4 Mineral Red | 98,000 km and counting | EDIT: Sold-imag0064.jpg

Last edited by HappyWheels : 14th August 2009 at 10:04.
Old 18th August 2009, 00:56   #86
BHPian

Hey happywheels,

The beast in the top view looks really hot. the dual body color looks very fresh. So, how is the lighting after the 90/100 upgrade. Where did you get it done ? did they draw a parallel circuit from the battery ?

There is one thing missing though. its the team-bhp sticker. get one soon
Old 18th August 2009, 10:06   #87
BHPian

Quote:

UPDATE:
Did the conversion to 90/100 (yeah, after all the talk of Osram and Phillips Xtreme!). No wire cutting or any circus. The whole wiring kit was hand crafted, a wonderful work it was, and just plugged into the existing wiring. So, now warranty issue.

Here is a photo showing the kit used and the way the wiring kit has been made out.
Attachment 174198
Pls post pics of the 90/100 at night. And if possible a standalone pic of the wiring harness.
Old 18th August 2009, 21:06   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
... So, how is the lighting after the 90/100 upgrade. Where did you get it done ? did they draw a parallel circuit from the battery ?...
The 90/100 lighting is good. But not too happy with the effect, which I am sure is due to headlight alignment. Need to get that sorted out during first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Pls post pics of the 90/100 at night. And if possible a standalone pic of the wiring harness.
As it stands now, I am back to 55/60. Why? Because the 90/100 conversion, on my recheck when in my hometown was not as I had expected and they had screwed up on one front, which had its own affect-effect. Not something critical, but something I wanted to avoid in the first place.

So running stock for now. Time to get those OSRAM's or Phillips, till then.
Old 19th August 2009, 02:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

thats why i suggested you Osram silverstar +50 as it gives enough gains plus peace of mind.

In my zen, i am using Roots relay with philips 90/100 but still faced reliability issues thats why i dint go for Relay in Safari and been a happy driver with Osram SilverStar
Old 19th August 2009, 07:30   #90
BHPian

CONGRATS.
Thats a lovely color- much improvement over the earlier bright red.
And what I like the most about the Safari is the enthusiasm that all the members (other than of course the owner) shower.
Tyres are definately a good choice and like me, you too will surely enjoy them on long drives. just drove to Pune and back in the rains and realised how good these tyres are.
Congrats once again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks