Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 09:47   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
thats why i suggested you Osram silverstar +50 as it gives enough gains plus peace of mind...
SS,
Some people never listen to friendly advice till they burn their fingers. I just realized I am a life time member of that group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Kashyap View Post
... Tyres are definately a good choice and like me, you too will surely enjoy them on long drives. just drove to Pune and back in the rains and realised how good these tyres are.
Congrats once again.
Thanks Ravi!

The tires are good and found them to be hold on to their ground even on rough situations. Driving on a full blown rain, at 9PM, with all our road users riding only on high beam (with few hero's having multiple fogs lamps to assist), I found that I often ended up with one set of tires on the mud, but even then, I had good control. If it was my Alto, it would have been a different story. But then, I would not have driven the Alto in those conditions.
Old 19th August 2009, 09:50   #92
Team-BHP Support

Regarding the lights fiasco, did you get it done from concorde? They do it and this also preserves warranty since the job was done at a TASS.
Old 19th August 2009, 10:49   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
The 90/100 lighting is good. But not too happy with the effect, which I am sure is due to headlight alignment. Need to get that sorted out during first service.
If you have a medium size long star screw driver in your tool kit, you just need to go through the post made by Suman on this IIRC. Its a 5 minute job and you can set it for your taste
Old 19th August 2009, 11:06   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Regarding the lights fiasco, did you get it done from concorde? They do it and this also preserves warranty since the job was done at a TASS.
Not done at TASS; but then no issue with the warranty. It was with the final finish that I had an issue with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
If you have a medium size long star screw driver in your tool kit, you just need to go through the post made by Suman on this IIRC. Its a 5 minute job and you can set it for your taste
Yes, just recollected that. Mmm... and I think Dadu had made that thread on the headlight correction. All I need to find now is a 25m of space and an good wall!
Old 19th August 2009, 11:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

Why is your roof not shining??
Old 19th August 2009, 11:17   #96
Team-BHP Support

Find a dead end lane and drive in at night fall, keep the windows down so that you dont lock yourself out and let people suspect things
Old 19th August 2009, 11:26   #97
BHPian

neat job

Just saw the craft work that the guys did on your car. Looks good. They have messed up mine with a cut which would let the water go in. I wasn't happy with it because I had asked them not to cut that plastic casing.

Anyways, as dev had pointed out, the HIDs are really good. One of my friends had it on a bike (had been on a bike trip) and it really helped a lot. Will wait for the next month's salary for the same. However, I have a question to the light gurus: isn't the white HID light illegal?

HW: How was the trip to Kerala?
Tejas
Old 19th August 2009, 12:16   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Why is your roof not shining??
Mmm.... Suman, sorry but I really did not get what you meant here. To add to the confusion, I am not even bald!

Quote:
Find a dead end lane and drive in at night fall, keep the windows down so that you dont lock yourself out and let people suspect things
First trial is going to be at my parking with the neighbors house as the marker. And yes, locking myself out has been one of my biggest worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
... HW: How was the trip to Kerala?...
HID's that come as factory fitter, or fitted properly are legal. It is those HID's that throw light at everyone around, due to wrong fitment, that are illegal. If HID's were illegal, then the Audi's and BMW's would have to drive without headlights.

The trip to Kerala is over the next weekend. Did a trip to Trichy last weekend. Will write up the experience later.
Old 19th August 2009, 12:54   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mmm.... Suman, sorry but I really did not get what you meant here. To add to the confusion, I am not even bald!
That aerial view of the truck mate - why is the roof not gleaming like the rest of it?
Old 19th August 2009, 14:07   #100
Senior - BHPian

@Suman,

Good question. Gave it a thought, but then dismissed as the angle.

Let me have a better look. If there is indeed a difference in paint, then it might be a feature!
Old 19th August 2009, 15:07   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me have a better look. If there is indeed a difference in paint, then it might be a feature!
Welll......I was peering out at an EX in our apartment parking lot yesterday - the roof was gleaming

So, do check it out..........
Old 19th August 2009, 15:26   #102
Team-BHP Support

Happy ji, i think its more to do with lighting and reflection.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:55   #103
BHPian

Either ways the roof looks great. ;-)
Old 19th August 2009, 16:48   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happy ji, i think its more to do with lighting and reflection.
Same thought here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Either ways the roof looks great. ;-)
I was going to make a comment that it might be a feature only in the GX (since Suman noticed in a EX): dual tone roof top!
Old 19th August 2009, 22:05   #105
KVS
BHPian

Hi HappyWheels,

Congratulations!! Your long wait is over now..

Your Safari colour is excellent..

Happy cruising ...

Cheers

KVS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks