Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 10:20   #301
Senior - BHPian

People,

The Wheel Alignment and Balancing is FOC; thanks to Amitk26 for pointing this out. This was to a tune of 1000Rs (400rs balancing & 600rs alignment). The weights are charged on actuals (consumables).

Just spoke to the SA and he agreed to a refund. He said that if it is mentioned in the service book, then it is free. Not sure how he did not know this for such a long time! Tells about the number of ignorant customer (including yours truly) that have been wrongly charged.

Since I did not want to go and get the money back, asked him to make a note and this will be adjusted in the next service, where I will get a credit of 1000Rs. (Fingers crossed that he still works for Concord when the service schedule comes up! )
Old 7th May 2010, 12:38   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
People,

The Wheel Alignment and Balancing is FOC; thanks to Amitk26 for pointing this out. This was to a tune of 1000Rs (400rs balancing & 600rs alignment). The weights are charged on actuals (consumables).

Just spoke to the SA and he agreed to a refund. He said that if it is mentioned in the service book, then it is free. Not sure how he did not know this for such a long time!
Glad to be of help

Quote:
Since I did not want to go and get the money back, asked him to make a note and this will be adjusted in the next service, where I will get a credit of 1000Rs. (Fingers crossed that he still works for Concord when the service schedule comes up! )
Talk to the Customer service Manager or Workshop manager so that he can keep the permanent record. Billing is a separate department so I don't think you can just trust the words of SA . Try to reclaim with in a week else consider 1000Rs donated to Concord :-)
Old 7th May 2010, 18:26   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Billing is a separate department so I don't think you can just trust the words of SA . Try to reclaim with in a week else consider 1000Rs donated to Concord
in my case they refunded (for missing relay which should have been replaced under warranty) in next service w/o much ado. I had kept the local TML and TASS representative in the email loop (for records). Related post here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1736110-post83.html

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 7th May 2010 at 18:27. Reason: clear font tags
Old 7th May 2010, 19:26   #304
Senior - BHPian

Going back down there tomorrow morning, to first get a complete wash and then for under body anti-rust coating. Hope to get things done and back home by lunch time.

And yes, am taking the refund tomorrow.
Old 8th May 2010, 14:14   #305
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
The clutch and brake are separate fluids. One was at half mark and another also less than max point. They had topped it FOC. It hardly took a part of the fluid can from which they refilled.
Thanks.

The present fad is to use the same container for both and possibly making two systems to be in danger with one fluid loss!

Both Manza and Figo have the same arrangement.
Old 8th May 2010, 14:58   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Apart from these, noticed something strange while doing the ghat section: most of the sections were done in 2nd or 3rd. At one point, at a sharp right turn with upward climb, in 2nd gear, I noticed that the wheels went to spin for a fraction of a second. Looks like the tires lost traction (I am running Michelin A/T). Find this strange since there was absolutely no sand or water on the road and the road was a well tarred one! This could have been passed as a isolated incident, if not for the same thing happened once more at another similar sharp bend. Not sure why this happened!
Most of the sharp turns in a hilly terrain have an irregular surface. All 4 wheels would be at different load levels, and there is a possibility that the wheel that spun had no load, with the tyre having no contact with the tarmac. Hence that little wheel spin.

Many buses negotiating sharp hairpin bends scrape one side of their body (rear) with the tarmac, leaving a mark there.
Old 8th May 2010, 16:17   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
... Try to reclaim with in a week else consider 1000Rs donated to Concord :-)
Donation cancelled! Got the refund noted on the bill itself by their service manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
...The present fad is to use the same container for both and possibly making two systems to be in danger with one fluid loss!

Both Manza and Figo have the same arrangement.
That would be catastrophic, as you said! Thankfully not here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Most of the sharp turns in a hilly terrain have an irregular surface. All 4 wheels would be at different load levels, and there is a possibility that the wheel that spun had no load, with the tyre having no contact with the tarmac. Hence that little wheel spin...
Possible! Thanks for the note.

Now, few more developments today morning:

Some cursed soul stole my rear wheel cover last night!

And it was only day before yesterday that I had changed the earlier lock to a larger one! So, there goes around 6k!!!

Have removed the rear wheel and placed in inside the boot. Do not want that also to be flicked! It had a even smaller lock on it!!!

And then, over to the under body coating adventure.

Reached Concord at 9.10am and was second in line. The vehicle finally got out at 12.10 and wash was pathetic! 3 hours of total waste. At least, the under body wash was done perfectly.

Next was the Wruth under body application. A 30 minutes (or less) worth of effort, but the guy struggled with the spray guy and finally gave up. End result, coating not done! Need to return back on Monday.

Lousy day!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 8th May 2010 at 16:18.
Old 8th May 2010, 17:58   #308
BHPian

Quote:

And it was only day before yesterday that I had changed the earlier lock to a larger one! So, there goes around 6k!!!

Have removed the rear wheel and placed in inside the boot. Do not want that also to be flicked! It had a even smaller lock on it!!!...
Buddy, Very sad to hear about the spare wheel cover and I am surprised its 6K !!!

Prem.
Old 8th May 2010, 18:23   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
2. Same problem with AC on my car too. Roof AC makes real weird sounds...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Mine too does this sometimes (faint gurgle sound)...
Quote:
...To show you what sound I am referring to, let me shoot a video and upload it later today...
Today has come. Here is the video, TSK & BJ.

And this is only during idling and not when the vehicle is running!

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Buddy, Very sad to hear about the spare wheel cover and I am surprised its 6K !!!...
The cover is around 4k and then add painting. So, it roughly comes to 6k. Sigh! Surprised? I am shocked!

Planning of first making a chain, that I can glue to the inner wall of the cover, and then using it to lock the cover in place. But until then, not even the wheel is going on the back!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 8th May 2010 at 18:26.
Old 8th May 2010, 19:05   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The cover is around 4k and then add painting. So, it roughly comes to 6k. Sigh! Surprised? I am shocked!

Planning of first making a chain, that I can glue to the inner wall of the cover, and then using it to lock the cover in place. But until then, not even the wheel is going on the back!
Well a wheel left inside loose is an even easier steal, no need to loosen the nuts or break the lock, just break the glass the carry it off.

I would suggest a good lock along with a cable cycle lock to go across the rim and mounting clamp with the nuts tightened.

Decision is yours, definitely a Catch22.
Old 8th May 2010, 19:11   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Well a wheel left inside loose is an even easier steal, no need to loosen the nuts or break the lock, just break the glass the carry it off.

I would suggest a good lock along with a cable cycle lock to go across the rim and mounting clamp with the nuts tightened.

Decision is yours, definitely a Catch22.

Suresh, i would agree with this and suggest the same and put back the tyre on the tail and give back the Safari it's look
Old 8th May 2010, 19:25   #312
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arre, even this oversized "T" wheel cover stealing has begun - the previous ones with "Safari" written was in great demand.

And the 6k cost just rubs more salt.

Quote:
And then, over to the under body coating adventure. End result, coating not done! Need to return back on Monday.
HW, make sure it is done uniformly, particularly the stepping board rods are prone to rust and they miss those partially. Also do follow with that 6-monthly period of checking.

The 3M undercoat is money well spent - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1074941
Old 8th May 2010, 19:25   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well a wheel left inside loose is an even easier steal, no need to loosen the nuts or break the lock, just break the glass the carry it off...
absolutely right!

Quote:
...I would suggest a good lock along with a cable cycle lock to go across the rim and mounting clamp with the nuts tightened...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Suresh, i would agree with this and suggest the same and put back the tyre on the tail and give back the Safari it's look
Agreed! Will get a cable cycle lock and also use a max sized lock that will go thru that clamp.

True, the vehicle is not good without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
...HW, make sure it is done uniformly, particularly the stepping board rods are prone to rust and they miss those partially. Also do follow with that 6-monthly period of checking...
Will be there when the coating is being done and will ensure this. Thanks for the pointer and the link.

Say, do we get a warranty card for this application which specifies these periodic checks?

Last edited by HappyWheels : 8th May 2010 at 19:33.
Old 8th May 2010, 19:56   #314
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Say, do we get a warranty card for this application which specifies these periodic checks?
Yes you do and insist on getting it, if they miss out by chance.

WarrantyCard.pdf

[ http://customercare.tatamotors.com/s...rrantyCard.pdf ]
Old 8th May 2010, 19:59   #315
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
True, the vehicle is not good without it.
The protruding bolts are a threat to people who could come into contact with them!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks