Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2010, 12:01   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
With AC running in "internal air" recirculation mode, windows rolled up and few adults inside car, the level of oxygen in the air that you breathe will gradually deplete and fall dangerously low so as to cause death. Don't try this.

If at all you must do this leave a couple of window glasses open at least 0.5".

-BJ
Point noted BJ96.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Strange that nobody asked it yet, why did you have to sleep in the car, that too for 4 nights continously, that too all night long,
You fellow! I can think of couple of reason that are running thru your mind now!

Stop that grin, my friend, you missed out the "hospital" part.

(You really thought you got me there, didn't you??? )
Old 21st May 2010, 12:40   #332
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
You fellow! I can think of couple of reason that are running thru your mind now! Stop that grin, my friend, you missed out the "hospital" part. (You really thought you got me there, didn't you??? )
Oh so you were sleeping with your...Safari (only???!!!!) at a hospital parking lot?? Hmmm, now I have some more ideas...

Now I know that your people have the edge when it comes to healthcare, so was it health or Care??!!!(Whose Care??!!)

LOL
Old 27th May 2010, 16:25   #333
BHPian

sorry about wheel cover

Happywheels, With your car parked outside on the road, you knew it would happen. It is also the reason why you didn't buy hella lamps.You remember ? You better keep the wheel inside and forget buying a new wheel cover till you move to a place where u can park safely. Alternatively, you could also look at near by places ( apartments,offices etc ) where u can park at night.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:57   #334
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I do remember. But I guess I started to get a false sense of security till now! :(

But no, I have not removed the wheels. They are where they are with a lock and a chain to hold it. And I do plan to get a new cover, only this time, I plan to put a chain on its inwards and lock it down good. And maybe do some juggelary,like a design / stickering, on it so that it stands out.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:06   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And maybe do some juggelary,like a design / stickering, on it so that it stands out.
How about a sticker saying "Steal me if u can"?
Like i told you earlier, don't overdo it as you will be drawing needless attention.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:14   #336
Senior - BHPian

^^

Good one, Luke! :

When I say "Stand out", I meant that there should be some unique identified that the would-be thief would not like. Anything that will make it difficult for him to pass it off.
Old 27th May 2010, 17:18   #337
BHPian

Happywheels, The thief will be impressed if he gets to see your wheel cover. I am sure your stolen wheel cover will be lying around in shivaji nagar chor bazaar. Who would have a mineral red safari who he can possibly sell to. If you get a chance visit there once.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:15   #338
Senior - BHPian

CONGRATS!! Suresh, now that should put our police department to shame!
Now you should be back to being "Happywheels".
Guys, our man has just recovered his stolen spare wheel cover.

Quote:
I am sure your stolen wheel cover will be lying around in shivaji nagar chor bazaar. Who would have a mineral red safari who he can possibly sell to. If you get a chance visit there once.

No need for Suresh to visit chor bazaar, the chor himself visited him, the question above - "who would have a mineral red safari to whom he could sell to?" hehe, the thief gifted the cover back as he found it was too "hot" to sell.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 27th May 2010 at 18:20.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:26   #339
Team-BHP Support

Ok, now we want to know the story of how he got back his wheel cover!
Old 27th May 2010, 19:54   #340
Senior - BHPian

Hey Suresh, my soda's flat and the popcorn's cold, please do your DIY about refixing it in such a way that the thief will have no option but to take the entire assembly away for later and tell us how you found it.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:12   #341
Senior - BHPian

Am one happy guy now!

Back where it belongs.
Tata Safari GX 4x4 Mineral Red | 98,000 km and counting | EDIT: Sold-imag0165.jpg

Those guys simply took out the zip handle!
Tata Safari GX 4x4 Mineral Red | 98,000 km and counting | EDIT: Sold-imag0166.jpg

Have made the post on how the event unfolded @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post1908766

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Hey Suresh, my soda's flat and the popcorn's cold, please do your DIY about refixing it in such a way that the thief will have no option but to take the entire assembly away for later and tell us how you found it.
Done Chief!

Currently it is under my bed. Need to fix the zipper and then see what DIY can be done to make it difficult for it to be flicked.

Hope the tire and rim do not gather too much attention!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 27th May 2010 at 20:21.
Old 27th May 2010, 21:40   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Currently it is under my bed. Need to fix the zipper and then see what DIY can be done to make it difficult for it to be flicked.
What you do with a zipper under your bed is totally your prerogative!!

Quote:
Hope the tire and rim do not gather too much attention!

So chain them up too. But please leave specific directions to removing the chains lest the burglars damage the vehicle in the process.

OT.
What's with the advocate's sticker on the rear windshield?
Old 28th May 2010, 09:28   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What you do with a zipper under your bed is totally your prerogative!!...
ROFL! Good one!

Quote:
...What's with the advocate's sticker on the rear windshield?
Brother is one. It came up, along with the darker tints, when he was using it in Madurai & Trichy for a week. Left it as it is.

OT: Not sure if a thief, dis-grunted with his lawyer, did this after noticing the sticker!!!
Old 28th May 2010, 17:23   #344
BHPian

HappyWheels, How could you get so lucky. once again it is mineral red that made the difference. If it was black it would have easily gone into one of those Tcic/3.0L. I can imagine how you must have felt looking at your wheel without its cover.
Old 28th May 2010, 19:09   #345
Senior - BHPian

Yes, BlackBeast. The only other reason I got it back was because of the rare color combo that I have. As per TASS this combo is very rarely taken by people; makes it all the more difficult to be disposed of and easier to be spotted!

And if it was a white cover - absolutely no way to recover.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks