Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 16:36   #376
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hari,

I meant the blower vent on the door.

On fan speed 2, with the door blower vents closed, there is some air leak through the blower vents just below the windshield. This causes misting on the lower part of the windshield.
Old 7th August 2010, 18:17   #377
BHPian

Thats one well maintained safari i know, happy motoring for many more miles.
Old 8th August 2010, 13:50   #378
Senior - BHPian

Today marks end of one year after I took delivery of my Safari.

Nothing much to update, as everything has been noted in my post on the previous page.

Did a cleaning of the interiors and man, was I in for a surprise. The usual dirt on the dash and handles were expected. What too me by surprise was the amount of dirt what was there on the roof!

I have never cleaned it before and it was a mess, even though the dust/dirt is not visible. Lot of time and effort taken just for that.

Had an issue with the headlight due to some loose wiring done by me (my DIY relay fixing). Got that sorted.

And noticed one feature while working with the headlight - if the headlight are switched on and you remove the key from the ignition, the main lamps are cut off and only the parking lamps burn. Not sure what the use is, but its there.

Nothing else to report; enjoying the purchase every day. Fortunately, touch wood, it has been a pleasant and trouble free ownership experience so far.

Looking forward to the long drive over the next weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Thats one well maintained safari i know, happy motoring for many more miles.
Thank Raj!
Old 8th August 2010, 17:30   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Congrats Suresh on the miles covered. Now notch up a few thousands more soon.

Very true, I got the steering replaced only to discover the new one is worse than the old one, so in line for another change now.
Luke and HW, a tip : Avoid wet/ sweaty hands, as its leather and will wear it. Always use A/C if your hands tend to become sweaty. Now that wasnt a tip wasn't it, look below.

Buy a Cherry blossom(or any good brand) Neutral Liquid shoe polish and use it every quarter on the steering leather, use it after you park at night or on a sunny day, if you dont plan to drive for the next 2-3 hours as its slightly sticky and needs drying up.

HW, get it replaced again and try the trick above, it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And noticed one feature while working with the headlight - if the headlight are switched on and you remove the key from the ignition, the main lamps are cut off and only the parking lamps burn. Not sure what the use is, but its there.

Looking forward to the long drive over the next weekend.
Its been there for most vehicles, I remember from my 1999 Santro.

Where are you going, have a pleasant trip.
Old 8th August 2010, 17:45   #380
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Dadu for the tip.

And for the headlight, I am noticing it now only! Did not know it was a feature available for a very long time.

And for the trip - heading down to Athirapally. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...niagara-4.html
Old 9th August 2010, 14:46   #381
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Suresh, i believe thats how it is on most cars. How was it on the Alto? I cant seem to remember how it is on our Alto which we have in our hometown.

Congrats on the one year of ownership.
Old 9th August 2010, 15:22   #382
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ben!

As for the lights, the Alto does not have this feature. I had checked it last night and, key or no key, the headlights, if switched on, remains on.

Mine is a 2005 model, not sure if the new ones have it, though.
Old 9th August 2010, 15:52   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mileage on highways are around 16-17kmpl based on driving style.
Are you serious? If you are then you should get it checked Even TML does not claim this kind of FE for the Safari. Best I have got is ~ 13 kmpl on the highway (with A/C on all the time) and cruising speeds of 100-110 kmph (on NH7). Maybe I'd get better figures if I lower my cruising speeds to 90 kmph or so.
Old 9th August 2010, 16:05   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Are you serious? If you are then you should get it checked Even TML does not claim this kind of FE for the Safari. Best I have got is ~ 13 kmpl on the highway (with A/C on all the time) and cruising speeds of 100-110 kmph (on NH7). Maybe I'd get better figures if I lower my cruising speeds to 90 kmph or so.
Get it checked with TML and have them mess up what I am enjoying? No way!

If you are getting only 13kmpl, you have an issue. It is way too low. 15kmpl is the value that you should get. I get that when I drive like the Volvo guys.

Cut you speed to 80-100kmph, rather, keep the RPM at 2000 and check.
Old 9th August 2010, 17:48   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Luke and HW, a tip : Avoid wet/ sweaty hands, as its leather and will wear it.
Dadu, it is not about sweaty hands ( I don't have sweaty hands), the quality of leather is bad, in my previous wheel, they had cut the padding while trying to remove the cellophane wrapper, so I got it replaced, in the current one, the leather is flaking even where it does not come in contact with the hands often.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:01   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
HappyWheels : What too me by surprise was the amount of dirt what was there on the roof!
The roof does get dirty. A reguluar vacuuming will help. My Sumo is never used by anyone else, and I never touch the fabric above the driver's door. Yet, that area gets dirty quite often. And it's not happening at the service center.

Quote:
HappyWheels : And noticed one feature while working with the headlight - if the headlight are switched on and you remove the key from the ignition, the main lamps are cut off and only the parking lamps burn. Not sure what the use is, but its there.
To save the battery from getting drained. I think All Tata vehicles have it - Indica/Indigo, Sumo (definitely) too.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:10   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
... And it's not happening at the service center.
Nope, it is not. The dirt is plainly due to my lack of focus when cleaning.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:15   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ben!

As for the lights, the Alto does not have this feature. I had checked it last night and, key or no key, the headlights, if switched on, remains on.

Mine is a 2005 model, not sure if the new ones have it, though.
You are talking about ALTO, even my SAFARI's headlight remain ON irrespective of the ignition or key removed. It's a feature.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:25   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

@Mercedised, which model is your Safari ? My late 2005 Sumo doesnt have this problem. When Key is removed, only the pilot lamps remain. Headlamps go off,
Old 9th August 2010, 20:44   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Mercedised, which model is your Safari ? My late 2005 Sumo doesnt have this problem. When Key is removed, only the pilot lamps remain. Headlamps go off,
I wish you already knew (2004 model) car. And it's a feature not a problem. Even my Indica behaves the same way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks