Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 10:22   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Also the 1ZZ-FE has forged internals and you also get a TRD supercharger kit which is a bolt on. (ps: this is only general knowledge and I have no plans on touching the engine. lol)

Even in a stock condition i guess altis will do 0-100 in 9.2sec and thats more than enough.
Old 21st August 2009, 15:19   #77
Senior - BHPian

vidyut, congrats on your 6639,black edition!Looks cool in that shade and nothing goes wrong with corolla altis.Enjoy her ride and post interiors pics as well your ownership review so far.
Old 21st August 2009, 15:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another reason I was apprehensive about the superb was the 2 yr warranty. The Accord was 4 years and the Toyota 3 years. The after sales was just too big a risk.
I hope and am confident that your car will not require any need for warranty claim. In my 30 mths of old Corolla ownership, only the horn was changed and that too without any fuss or hassles (horn was sounding like a two wheeler horn).
Old 21st August 2009, 20:21   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I hope and am confident that your car will not require any need for warranty claim. In my 30 mths of old Corolla ownership, only the horn was changed and that too without any fuss or hassles (horn was sounding like a two wheeler horn).
Amen

After reading many horror stories, this info is a big relief for me also.
Old 24th August 2009, 18:06   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys.

Interior pics coming up this weekend.
Well, the weekend has come and gone, where are the interior pics you promised? Also, if you can, please do post the pics of headlights washer too.
Old 24th August 2009, 18:51   #81
Team-BHP Support

I think what ravan meant was, headlight washer at work rather? If its the location, well thats the small flat projection you see on the bumper, just below the head light.
Old 24th August 2009, 20:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

Whhoopsy! Please read my post as headlights washer at work Also, please do elaborate as to how much of a useful feature it is.
Old 24th August 2009, 22:34   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Whhoopsy! Please read my post as headlights washer at work Also, please do elaborate as to how much of a useful feature it is.
Interior pics give me till tomorrow.

The headlamp washer I already used in the rains once. Usually when your following these trucks on highway the headlamps are covered in muck. Now instead of pulling over to clean the lamps I just have to spray them once and voila nice and clean.

One of the volvo buses I was following sprayed muck all over the front and I cleaned the headlamps using the washer. worked well.

Not a feature you cant live without but it's nice to have.

I absolutely love the xenons and the auto dimming mirror.
Old 24th August 2009, 23:43   #84
BHPian

Congrats Vid! I knew it coming but not so soon! Looks excellent in black. Nice photographs!
Old 25th August 2009, 01:01   #85
Senior - BHPian

Hello Vid, congrats on the beautiful black Altis. I guess that toyota guys must be following your buying thread and decided to give you a black Altis on super priority. It looks stunning.

I was reading on my mobile about Fortuner and saw this thread in next thread and came out started my computer and read all 6 pages. Amazing story. Glad that finally Altis is the winner in such a long and strong war of selection.. Its a compliment to decision of every Altis owner (at least i am feeling like that).

I would suggest to go for bumper grill fins as well.
Old 27th August 2009, 19:43   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Interior pics give me till tomorrow.

The headlamp washer I already used in the rains once. Usually when your following these trucks on highway the headlamps are covered in muck. Now instead of pulling over to clean the lamps I just have to spray them once and voila nice and clean.

One of the volvo buses I was following sprayed muck all over the front and I cleaned the headlamps using the washer. worked well.

Not a feature you cant live without but it's nice to have.

This made me think, what made you choose GL over Sports or the G variant? Because, on the paper, I see that GL has an extra lumbar support, headlamps washer and rear sunshade over Sports or the G and costs more than a lakh over them.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:53   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations buddy. Toyota has done a great job on this beauty. Black is a looker too. I havent got a chance to see and feel it in real, could have compared and spotted differences from my 2003 corolla. Xenons will defenitely add a luxury feel as many other features in and out. Enjoy the ride. Waiting for more photos.
Old 7th September 2009, 16:45   #88
Team-BHP Support

Completely washed the car on saturday and decided to take some pics on sunday. Sunday morning had to run a small errand and as soon as I took the car out of the basement it poured like mad.

As soon as I reached home it stopped raining and weather cleared up.

Now a little busy with work and house shifting. Done 500kms and as expected there is nothing to report. Car is doing what it's supposed to do.

The car is boring to drive as steering does not give a connected feel at all. What's also interesting is that the steering weighs up a lot as speeds cross 60kmph. Suddenly the steering just tightens up when you build up speed.

Surprisingly the ride is good but the car is pretty firm and does not roll as much as expected. It's actually on the firm side. Which could mean the tyres pressure is too high from the showroom itself. Toyota recommends 32psi all round.

Small irritant which I'm slowly learning to drive around, the drive by wire. I found the same problem in the Civic MT and the Laura TSi. You just cannot give fine throttle inputs. It is very difficult to modulate the throttle by a few rpm. It either jumps ahead by too much like 1000rpm or pit does not move at all, causing the car to almost stall.

This is specially the case in starting from first and the change to second. I either almost stall the car or jump forward as the rpm jumps to 2000+rpm even when tickling the acc pedal. Still not used to this at all and frankly speaking I'm not a fan of DBW. You just don't have the control over the acc pedal. It always does what it thinks is best rather than what you trying to tell it what to do with your right foot.

First service is booked for next monday. Hoping to clock atleast 800kms before that. Will also get the parking sensors installed then.

Pictures, yes I know I still haven't posted. I'll try this week hopefully, once the car is clean.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2009, 11:39   #89
Senior - BHPian

viddy, do you drive barefoot? If not, try it. I find the accelerator pedal very responsive to fine throttle inputs so long as I'm using just my thumb to actuate it.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:44   #90
Team-BHP Support

He is babying the car a bit too much, i think if he starts shifting at a slightly higher rev and then modulate the clutch and accelerator it will be fine. I didnt face any issue when i drove it yesterday, its same as any other drive by wire car.

Car is really good and the low end torque delivery PERFECT, and the engine note also quite nice when the revs climb ie if Viddy starts driving the car like it should!!!

ps: Please check the air pressure before you wear out the suspension bushes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks