Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 12:12   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Vid, isnt the passenger seat electrically adjustable? Also, is lumber support added for passenger seat?
Nope, passenger seat is manually adjust only with no lumbar/height adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Hey Vid

The car looks amazing.This is one car i would probably buy.On my radar now!

Congrats on your new car!
Thanks a lot.
Old 28th September 2009, 23:15   #107
Team-BHP Support

Just casually decided to get the air checked in all the tyres as I was not very comfy with the ride and the overly light steering. Jaggu and NC had mentioned to me that the tyre pressure from the showroom will usually be very high but I just forgot to get it checked till now.

I was completely shocked when all 4 tyres showed 44psi!!!!

The spec is 30psi all round. After reducing it to 30psi the difference is just too amazing.

Ride is now like a magic carpet, For a change mom commented that the car seems very soft and comfy today. The ride is now just too good.

And the best part for me, the steering has become heavier compared to before and you can now get a little more feedback. Does not feel like a game console steering wheel.

I'm sure if the tyres are upgraded to 205/60-15 with some stickier rubber like ContiPremiumContact2, the steering will be even better.

So, all you Altis owners get the tyre pressure checked asap.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2009, 14:14   #108
BHPian

hi vid,,was just going through your post black does look nice.
i (well dads car actually) picked up my H2 Altis yesterday from Shinrai at worli mumbai, and only done like 10 kms on it in past 24 hours, stillearly days to make any special observations but car feels good overall. One think i did notice was that the space in the rear isnt too great, i mean i had a corolla for 6 years and the altis definitely feels a bit cramped, is the Altis rear space less than that of the Crorollas? I asked showroom ppl and they said not possible since dimensions inside are the same, am confused though, wats your opinion?
thanks.
Old 7th October 2009, 15:07   #109
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Viddy have a great time with the Altis. If possible post pics of the interiors too. Take it on a long trip and let us know how it felt.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:17   #110
Team-BHP Support

Got the First service done last weekend. Seems the first service only involves a checkup. No oil is changed. First oil change is 10,000kms or one year. Service interval is also 1yr/10,000kms.

There was no problem in the car so there was nothing much to attend to. I did mention about the acc pedal feeling a bit jumpy or oversensitive and he did check using the diagnostic. He said it was fine but he has reset it anyways. It feels much better now. Car is really begin to settle down and gears are getting slicker. Feels even nicer to drive now than before.

Service took 3 hours and car was handed back to me with a bill of Rs.0/-. Took it to the accessory guy at Ravindu and got the Parking sensors fitted as well as the high security number plate.

Next and final accessory for the car is Llumar sunfilm.

@Sachin, the legroom looks the same to me. One reason it looks less because the Altis roof slopes a bit more than the old Corolla's.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 9th October 2009 at 12:18.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 13:09   #111
Senior - BHPian

How much does that number cost in Bangalore,Viddy?
10K?
Old 9th October 2009, 14:24   #112
BHPian

Hey Vid , Great looking vehicle and Congrats on the buy.

OT: Is it that Toyota does not make vehicles in the Black colour.
I have seen very very few Toyota vehicles in Black.
Actually if I think real hard , not seen ANY Toyota vehicles in Black.

@Vid , again , Was Black an Option when you went to the showroom.?
Old 9th October 2009, 14:50   #113
BHPian

Rp 812,

Nope, Toyota makes black vehicles. i have seen many BLACK INNOVAs in Bangalore.

For your info.

nandans/-
Old 9th October 2009, 14:59   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vid, seen one black Altis in Jaipur with UP(Noida) registration.. Sorry couldn't take pics.. Is it officially available now? Sorry haven't gone through all the pages in this thread.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 9th October 2009 at 15:01.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:01   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
How much does that number cost in Bangalore,Viddy?
10K?
What number? HSRP or the 6639 reg number?

HSRP costs Rs.850/- and the reg. number cost me Rs.6,000. Agent was asking for Rs.7,500 but we got it done without any agent albeit with a month delay.

The charges for own number choice go upto Rs.27,000 if not available in the current series and the RTO has open the next series. Luckily 6639 was available in current running series.

Also, just received my smart card RC book. Looks cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Hey Vid , Great looking vehicle and Congrats on the buy.

OT: Is it that Toyota does not make vehicles in the Black colour.
I have seen very very few Toyota vehicles in Black.
Actually if I think real hard , not seen ANY Toyota vehicles in Black.

@Vid , again , Was Black an Option when you went to the showroom.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Hi Vid, seen one black Altis in Jaipur with UP(Noida) registration.. Sorry couldn't take pics.. Is it officially available now? Sorry haven't gone through all the pages in this thread.
Black Altis is now officially available from the dealer since Sep.15th. I was told that mine was the only black in August but the official release of the black would be from September stock.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 9th October 2009 at 15:03.
Old 9th October 2009, 21:22   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Got the First service done last weekend. Seems the first service only involves a checkup. No oil is changed. First oil change is 10,000kms or one year. Service interval is also 1yr/10,000kms.

There was no problem in the car so there was nothing much to attend to. I did mention about the acc pedal feeling a bit jumpy or oversensitive and he did check using the diagnostic. He said it was fine but he has reset it anyways. It feels much better now. Car is really begin to settle down and gears are getting slicker. Feels even nicer to drive now than before.

Service took 3 hours and car was handed back to me with a bill of Rs.0/-. Took it to the accessory guy at Ravindu and got the Parking sensors fitted as well as the high security number plate.

Next and final accessory for the car is Llumar sunfilm.

@Sachin, the legroom looks the same to me. One reason it looks less because the Altis roof slopes a bit more than the old Corolla's.
ya thanks, i changed the settings on the drivers seat (height adjustments bascially) and now ya legroom does feel more or less like that of the Corollas. Oh and by the way, after reading your post i checked the tyre pressure and it was 44!!! can you believe it? got it down to 32 psi and car feels much better,,to drive as well as in the rear seat. W ill try 30 next time round.
thanks.
Old 19th October 2009, 13:59   #117
BHPian

Hi

I took delivery of my 1.8G on Friday the day before diwali. With respect to the tyre pressure the delaer informed me that it should be set to 30psi for all the tyres. thats the figure that is given on the manual also.

By the way Vid on the fuel efficiency front how accurate is the triptronic reading as against your check when your figures ( full tank to full tank ?).

My earlier car was a 2005 Honda City. Infact for city driving i find this very comfortable, do not have ot be afrais of speed brakers and with the reverse sensors added in reverse parking is a breeze....

Cheers

Ramesh
Old 19th October 2009, 15:07   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Vid,

What are its current mileage figures?
Old 20th October 2009, 10:43   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Black Altis is now officially available from the dealer since Sep.15th. I was told that mine was the only black in August but the official release of the black would be from September stock.
I read in this months overdrive that the Altis sport is available only in two colours
silver and grey
Vidyut your Altis is the sports trim right ???

Last edited by leadf00t : 20th October 2009 at 10:45. Reason: quoted vid's post.
Old 20th October 2009, 12:54   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
I read in this months overdrive that the Altis sport is available only in two colours
silver and grey
Vidyut your Altis is the sports trim right ???
His is the GL variant.

Most Viewed