Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 03:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Well its just Linea and Punto monsoon here. Anyways, wonderful report on all accounts - choosing, buying, owning, liking, disliking, etc. Congrats on the buy. I hope with time, Fiat's image would slowly improve.
Thanks. Seriously I too hope that Fiat's image improves. They're making good cars and good engines but people dont actually know that. I meet a lot of people who enquire about the car and they know that the car is good but shy away from it seeing the Fiat badge. I bet if you put a Honda badge on it then it'll sell 2500 units a month, maybe even more! And I tell you, when I tell such ignorant people that Fiat owns Ferrari they're eyeballs literally come out of their sockets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Congrats and welcome to the TBHP Linea club.
Very nicely written detailed review too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Nicely written review!
Thank you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Congrats paaji. Am waiting for Punto to be made available in CSD. Have written a mail to Fiat, they say will take a month. Wait is killing!
Thanks. Well what I've heard is that the more a thing is in demand the sooner it's available in CSD. Still nowadays most of the cars come to the CSD pretty soon. And if Punto will be available through CSD in a month then I think thats good going. Wish you all the best for that and I agree that the wait can be killing. When you're waiting for something so badly then even a day seems like a month!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jossyphil View Post
Congrats on your Linea. It was very well written review and purchase experience.
Thanks. Appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congarts FirstGuri,

Welcome to Linea Club and well written.
Already all issues and features in last para has been identified and fixed .Please go through all Linea threads.you can find solutions.

Enjoy and Drive Safe
Thanks Karthik. I'll go through the threads ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
A brilliant and through review!!

GTO: You have competition. Next time you go out to review a car, please take paji along with you
. Thanks Ferrari1976 but I think I still hava a long way to go before I can match GTO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Firstguri - a very detailed & nicely written review

congrats on your Linea & enjoy her to the fullest !!
Yeah I'm doing that already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanstorm View Post
Simply beauiful and informative review, very distinctive and original. I read it in one go, liked the full BDLC ( Buying Driving Life Cycle)

Thanks Paaji.
Thanks and you're welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
Firstguri, congrats for joining linean's club and your review is true and correct, is my feeling.
We will wait for pics, till then enjoy your beaut.
Yeah I'll be doing that shortly. The car's been dirty for the last two days. After I wash her the first thing will be the pics'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Congarts FirstGuri. Very passionately written. Enjoy the beauty.
Thanks. Well, if you take four hours for writing a review then I guess it does come out passionately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Yeah the dead pedal design is pretty odd. It is too big and is angled pretty uncomfortably. Since it is very big, there is little space between the dead pedal and the accelerator. Can this be changed later?
Actually I dont have any problems with the angle of the dead pedal but the space between the clutch and dead pedal is my concern. The clutch pedal comes in the way of the dead pedal so it's not that usable. And I dont think the pedals position can be changed. They may be bent outwards but I think that will hamper operation.

OK, thanks everyone for welcoming me to the Linea club here but really it's my pleasure as there are already well estabilished owners here.

Time for a small update- went to Ambala today, which included a fresh new piece of Tarmac that was dead straight for 25 Km! Can you believe it- 25 km and not even a slight bend! And dead staright means dead straight, I mean I've never seen anything like it anywhere in India till now. You cant even see the end of the road, it just kind of fades out. Ideal place to test top speed though I limited myself to 100-110 K's. Total distance of round trip was 105 Km of which about 10 Km were city driving and Av' FE shown by MID was 20.5 Km. That is WOW! I'm guessing that actual would be around atleast 20. And so for the 400 odd Km's that have been driven since the last tank full, the MID is showing 15.5 Km. Now I'm seriously thinking that some tuning or something has been done in the first service. Does anyone have info on that?
Old 25th August 2009, 09:27   #17
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Great review there !! Congrats and enjoy the locomotive power !
Old 25th August 2009, 15:58   #18
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the ( Flamenco Red) Linea Club. Excellent and detailed review. Enjoy!
Old 26th August 2009, 22:23   #19
BHPian

Admiration Guaranteed- Fiat Linea Multijet
Attached Thumbnails
F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0108.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0107.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0111.jpg  

Old 26th August 2009, 23:01   #20
BHPian

The Pic's

Well I've taken the pic's from a cellphone camera of 3.2 MP. It was late in the evening so the lighting was not good but you'll see what you want to see. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0102.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0105.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0106.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0109.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0110.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0113.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0116.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0117.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0119.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0120.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0122.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0124.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0127.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0129.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0131.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0134.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0136.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0137.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0140.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-photo0142.jpg  

Old 27th August 2009, 09:54   #21
BHPian

Those two little khalsas admiring the car after abandoning their bicycle bring a new meaning to "admiration guaranteed".
Old 27th August 2009, 12:10   #22
BHPian

Congratulations Firstguri, the Linea just looks awesome.

OT : Saw a kaanch ( Glass ) ka glass in glass holder. Dont mix the 2 things
Old 27th August 2009, 12:53   #23
BHPian

Congrats on the buy.I must say it's a very well written review covering all the possible aspects.
By the way, isn't the Linea Emotion MJD (CSD) price 6,78,000/- something in Chandigarh ?
Old 27th August 2009, 15:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Those two little khalsas admiring the car after abandoning their bicycle bring a new meaning to "admiration guaranteed".
Yeah I know. One of them is my cousin and he was showing off the car to his friend. Kept on boasting so much that he almost had a fight with another friend of his who's dad owns ANHC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Congratulations Firstguri, the Linea just looks awesome.
Thanks.
OT : Saw a kaanch ( Glass ) ka glass in glass holder. Dont mix the 2 things
. Well, that's my dad's glass. He doesn't let anyone take it out. Blame it on the Army.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
Congrats on the buy.I must say it's a very well written review covering all the possible aspects.
By the way, isn't the Linea Emotion MJD (CSD) price 6,78,000/- something in Chandigarh ?
Thanks. No, the price when we bought was 6.83. Linea Petrol Emotion Pk was around 6.45. But I think 6.78 was in Ambala Cantt (Haryana). In India cars are cheapest in Haryana.
Old 27th August 2009, 16:57   #25
BHPian

Congrats firstguri on your new linea! and thanks for the tech details esp. about oil change bit. I was curious to find out how Fiat is managing such a long-haul oil-change (compared to Indian cars).

The selection process for the car you mentioned is pretty much same as me. After 2 months of reseacrh (max. hits on TBHP) and TDs, I decided to go for Linea against ANHC for which I had almost written the booking amount cheque!

Can't wait to lay my hands on Linea now...
Old 27th August 2009, 22:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Congrats firstguri on your new linea! and thanks for the tech details esp. about oil change bit. I was curious to find out how Fiat is managing such a long-haul oil-change (compared to Indian cars).

The selection process for the car you mentioned is pretty much same as me. After 2 months of reseacrh (max. hits on TBHP) and TDs, I decided to go for Linea against ANHC for which I had almost written the booking amount cheque!

Can't wait to lay my hands on Linea now...
Thanks for the wishes Vineet. And as far as technical queries are concerned then I would glad to answer any provided it's within my knowledge, which basically refers to in-depth details about petrol engines as we are not taught about them (petrol engines are not allowed in ship's engine rooms). I'm also happy to know that you've gone in for Linea. I'm sure it'll rock your boat (shippy lingo).
Old 28th August 2009, 10:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

A very lengthy post & took lot time to read mate,can't miss-out as this belongs to Linea.
Give her some alloys,looks good in Maroon.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
A very lengthy post & took lot time to read mate,can't miss-out as this belongs to Linea.
Give her some alloys,looks good in Maroon.
I know it is a long post. Actually it's been almost three months since we got our car. Most of the people who have posted have done it just after their delivery and in some cases after their booking only, so comparitively I had a lot more to write than what others would have had. But I still tried to keep it short, after all it was time consuming for me as well (it took me a total of more than 4 hours over a period of 2 days!). Anyway good to know of another Linea lover. Now the alloys- well dad is right now not interested so I've decided that I'll get it done myself, but that would have to be after my next sailing.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:44   #29
BHPian

Ok guys time for FE update. Wow this time it was good:

MID- 15.6 Km/l
Tank full- Tank full
Dist'- 581.3 Km
Fuel- 38.75 Lt

FE- 15

I was expecting around 14~14.5 but 15 for a car of Linea's size and weight it is indeed very good. In these 580 Km there was only 15% highway driving and so the figure seems to be all the more astonishing. I say astoninshing as we were getting only 12.5 km/l before this, so this is a big jump indeed.

I would also like to add that this is the first tank full method after the first service. So I ask again- does anyone have any idea of some tuning being done in the first service?
Old 28th August 2009, 16:07   #30
BANNED

Quote:
I would also like to add that this is the first tank full method after the first service. So I ask again- does anyone have any idea of some tuning being done in the first service?
No tuning is done in 1st service. Only fluid levels are checked. However, the Air Filter is cleaned though

Most Viewed