Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 21:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post

Time for a small update- went to Ambala today, which included a fresh new piece of Tarmac that was dead straight for 25 Km! Can you believe it- 25 km and not even a slight bend! And dead staright means dead straight, I mean I've never seen anything like it anywhere in India till now. You cant even see the end of the road, it just kind of fades out. Ideal place to test top speed though I limited myself to 100-110 K's. Total distance of round trip was 105 Km of which about 10 Km were city driving and Av' FE shown by MID was 20.5 Km. That is WOW! I'm guessing that actual would be around atleast 20. And so for the 400 odd Km's that have been driven since the last tank full, the MID is showing 15.5 Km. Now I'm seriously thinking that some tuning or something has been done in the first service. Does anyone have info on that?
Just checked the thread now
My apologies for the delayed congrats.
Are you talking about the road from Banur to Ambala?
I commute daily from ambala and there is no stretch like that on NH22.
Btw where do you put up in mohali?
As of now I am in Sec 71,but relocating from Chandigarh this weekend.
Old 6th December 2009, 21:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hi Firstguri

Congratulations on your Linea

Your thread has some good insights, i learnt some things about linea, FIAT (dealer) selling through CSD etc.

How is the servicing of the car is being handled ? Do you get any special privilege / special offer for buying through CSD ?

thanks for sharing.
Old 7th December 2009, 00:59   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Congrats FirstGuri on your lovely possession

This is the First time i am seeing the storage space provided in a Linea on the dashboard ,where i have an Airbag (in my linea). Never , so far , knew such a space existed in any Linea. Thanks for that picture. Nobody, has so far shared this in the forum (as per my knowledge).

Call it my Utter ignorance but its just something i didnt know till today
No problems dude, you're welcome. And thanks for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Just checked the thread now
My apologies for the delayed congrats.
Are you talking about the road from Banur to Ambala?
I commute daily from ambala and there is no stretch like that on NH22.
Btw where do you put up in mohali?
As of now I am in Sec 71,but relocating from Chandigarh this weekend.
Its OK Akshay. Actually the thing is that when you search, the threads are displayed with the latest posts first unless you choose otherwise. Thanks for the wishes anyway. And yes I'm talking about the road from Bannur to Ambala. When you leave Ambala and head towards Rajpura, there is a road to the right just before the toll plaza. Thats the road I'm talking about. Try it once; its just stupendous but the problem is that after Bannur the road is very bad as its under construction. But you should still experience it as after the road is complete the tolls will start.
Click this link and look out for the road right in the center of the map.
chandigarh map - Google Maps

And I'm in Sec-68- AWHO flats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Firstguri

Congratulations on your Linea

Your thread has some good insights, i learnt some things about linea, FIAT (dealer) selling through CSD etc.

How is the servicing of the car is being handled ? Do you get any special privilege / special offer for buying through CSD ?

thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the wishes bond, StarVegabond. The only thing about buying through CSD is the reduced price. There are no other privileges. I'm glad that you found the thread useful, thats what I'm sharing it for. As far as the servicing is concerned- we've had no issues till date. Whatever has been asked from the service centre has been delivered. In fact the after sales service experience has been much, much better than the sales experience. Quite a contrast when compared to other owners here (well most of em').
Old 7th December 2009, 16:45   #49
Senior - BHPian

Fistguri, congratulations on your italian beauty, admired always.Sorry for dropping late into your thread.Nice shade as well.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:05   #50
J.Ravi

Belated congratulations, firstguri. Your Fiat Linea has both front and rear tow hooks. Mine has it in the front only and not in the rear.

Old 7th December 2009, 20:44   #51
BHPian

Fast work of crunching miles firstguri. Washed and polished Flamenco looks great. Many more of those "Smile Guaranteed" miles.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:16   #52
BHPian

Quote:
P.S. I had to get the clutch slave cylinder changed. I'll be posting the why's and how's of it later on.

Friend, pls explain this. My car is at the TASS now.
I informed the SA about this and he acted ignorance.

Pls explain what was the need for the change and how did you realise that there is a problem in the Clutch Slave Cylinder ?
Old 7th December 2009, 23:58   #53
BHPian

Clutch slave cylinder replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Fistguri, congratulations on your italian beauty, admired always.Sorry for dropping late into your thread.Nice shade as well.
Thanks and no need to be sorry boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Belated congratulations, firstguri. Your Fiat Linea has both front and rear tow hooks. Mine has it in the front only and not in the rear.
Thanks. I didn't know that new Lineas dont have a provision for a rear tow hook. Anyway I dont think that I'll be towing anything with our car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Fast work of crunching miles firstguri. Washed and polished Flamenco looks great. Many more of those "Smile Guaranteed" miles.
Yes, miles have been crunched and that is the reason why went in for a diesel. Though its running has come down since we got Alto. But alas, our Linea has lost all its shine. Reason- car washers- they use dirty water and cloth. That has resulted in a whole lot of minor scratches and swirl marks and the sheen is just not there. I'm getting a pure wax (Soft99) tomorrow or day after to atleast restore a bit of her lost glory.

Ok now for the main story
I had gone to the service centre for getting the air filter cleaned and also wanted to get the rear left door handle checked up (as mentioned by me in of the posts above). The SA told me that it may take the whole day as Fiat had sent them a list of chasis no's that needed the clutch slave cylinder (referred to as CSS from here on) replaced, so they're checking up the chasis no' with that list and if ours was in the list then they'll make the change. I had read in vijipillai's thread that there was some problem with the CSS of some petrol Lineas. So I was relaxed and thinking to myself- HA, our's is a MJD! And then the SA came and said- sir your chasis no' is in the list! I was like oh shoot! "But our's is a MJD" I retorted. The SA said that there is nothing doing with a petrol or MJD in this, its a list and whosoever's car is in it will have to get it replaced. I asked him how much time would it take. He replied about two hours sir. I had some work in the bank that day so I told him that I'll come again tomorrow as I have some work. But he requested politely to get it changed as soon as possible before there is a problem. That wasn't too pleasing to hear, infact it sounded a little scary. I started wondering that we've had no problems with the clutch or anything so why was the SA pushing me onto this. Is it that serious a problem! I poked him further and asked what exactly is the problem. He wasn't that sure but said that the clutch doesn't engage properly so there is a problem of gear changing. Yikes, that was exactly the problem faced by vijipillai. So I immediately booked an appointment for 9'O clock the next day.
I went the next day, gave the car for the work and went to the works manager to have a word with him. He told me the same thing that the SA had told me; said that Fiat has sent them a list of affected cars and asked them to replace the CSS as and when they report to the service centre (Linea and Punto included). His words were "its official and from the company". Sensing that I was a little 'not so amused', he assured me that Fiat is not charging anything to the customer and that its not that big a deal (to change it). The brake fluid is also replaced (as its drained out when they open the CSS)and you're not charged for that too. I saw the list and man was it big. It was for around 139 cars (Punto excluded)! And that is like almost the entire lot of Lineas sold by Hind Motors.
I must add that Hind motors is handling this job very professionally. They check the chasis no' of every Fiat that comes to the service centre with the list and they have side-stepped two mechanics just for the CSS thingy, so that you are not in the 'Service Line' and dont have to wait that much. The work was done in around two hours. I'm attaching the pics below.

The difference:- I wasn't expecting anything to be better but my, my; there really is a difference. First of all the clutch is a lot more crisp, a lot more and feels more smooth as well. The gearshifts have become smoother also. Of late the gear shifts had become a little notchy but now they feel creamy and slot in smoothly. The brakes also feel a little better but I dunno if its psychological!

So thats another good A.S.S. experience for me. And for all the Linea owners especially the earlier ones, I would recommend that you get in touch with your TASS and confirm this thing from them.

Attachment 241295
Attachment 241296

The place where it goes- in between the engine and the battery.
Attachment 241297

The part in question- clutch slave cylinder
Attachment 241298
Old 8th December 2009, 00:02   #54
BHPian

Well the attachements were not opening. So once again:-
Attached Thumbnails
F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-picture-002.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-picture-001.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-picture-003.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-picture-004.jpg  

Old 8th December 2009, 12:55   #55
BHPian

Just got the call from my workshop. My car is also in the list of clutch slave cylinder to be replaced. Also, they are changing the complete driver seat for my car as some new issues cropped up.
Old 8th December 2009, 14:37   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Just got the call from my workshop. My car is also in the list of clutch slave cylinder to be replaced. Also, they are changing the complete driver seat for my car as some new issues cropped up.
I can understand the need for CSS replacement but what now with the seat? Could you elaborate a little?
Old 8th December 2009, 17:15   #57
BHPian

Earlier, seat had the issue of seat height going down when I travel through bad road. So they changed the assembly for that. With new assembly, the height lever started touching my thigh and this created brought the issue which was found in some other lineas. Also after sometime I also noticed that there is a play in back rest. So workshop manager decided to change the whole seat. The part was ordered some 2 months back and it was delivered to workshop last week only.
Old 8th December 2009, 17:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

My Clutch Slave Cylinder is also changed today in VST Motors Chennai.
I have sent my car for some other issues to be taken care and Service Manager called and told me that CSC is changed as my car Vin No also falls in with their replacement Vin list.

But i don't have any issues with Clutch or Gear.
What is the exact problem ?
Old 8th December 2009, 19:05   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Earlier, seat had the issue of seat height going down when I travel through bad road. So they changed the assembly for that. With new assembly, the height lever started touching my thigh and this created brought the issue which was found in some other lineas. Also after sometime I also noticed that there is a play in back rest. So workshop manager decided to change the whole seat. The part was ordered some 2 months back and it was delivered to workshop last week only.
So your seat height issue is specific to you. I thought that Fiat has taken out another list of cars that needed seat replacements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
My Clutch Slave Cylinder is also changed today in VST Motors Chennai.
I have sent my car for some other issues to be taken care and Service Manager called and told me that CSC is changed as my car Vin No also falls in with their replacement Vin list.

But i don't have any issues with Clutch or Gear.
What is the exact problem ?
Well Karthik there was no problem as such. But I think when the problem does arise it'll be- the clutch not engaging. So how would one be able drive after that! Even we had no problems like that but I guess Fiat realised that the CSC is faulty and that they should replace it before the cars start getting stranded. BTW I've noticed a visible difference in clutch feel and bite. Also the gear shifts are smoother. What about you?
Old 8th December 2009, 19:35   #60
BHPian

Quote:
So your seat height issue is specific to you. I thought that Fiat has taken out another list of cars that needed seat replacements.

Well Karthik there was no problem as such. But I think when the problem does arise it'll be- the clutch not engaging. So how would one be able drive after that! Even we had no problems like that but I guess Fiat realised that the CSC is faulty and that they should replace it before the cars start getting stranded. BTW I've noticed a visible difference in clutch feel and bite. Also the gear shifts are smoother. What about you?
even the clutch cylinder in my PUNTO was changed when i had given the car to VST.Even i feel that the clutch seems a lot more softer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks