Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2018, 14:34   #76
BHPian

Re: F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Well Karthik there was no problem as such. But I think when the problem does arise it'll be- the clutch not engaging. So how would one be able drive after that! Even we had no problems like that but I guess Fiat realised that the CSC is faulty and that they should replace it before the cars start getting stranded. BTW I've noticed a visible difference in clutch feel and bite. Also the gear shifts are smoother. What about you?
I am facing a clutch issue. Linea Diesel. 2016 model. 28400 kms so far. No issue faced whatsoever in terms of clutch feeling hard or slippage or any thing else before. It just felt like it was on day 1.

But 2 days ago I was returning from a fairly long drive of 200 kms. All was good till then. Stopped for tea and after I tried to start and put the gear in 1 it simply doesn't slot in. However hard I try. Tried many times and then got it towed to FIAT ASS. Not yet diagnosed. They ruled out slave cylinder issue or air trap issue by bleeding.

They say could be clutch worn out because of clutch riding. I make a conscious effort to not clutch ride ever. I feel such premature and sudden failure could point to something else. Clutch failure if at all should be progressive which is not the case.

None of my other cars gave me this problem almost till a lakh kms. Can I claim warranty citing defective parts since it is only 2 yrs and 28000 kms. Warranty is for 3 years and 1 lakh kms.

Your views please.

Last edited by bharatbits : 13th October 2018 at 14:49.
Old 13th October 2018, 15:07   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Can I claim warranty citing defective parts since it is only 2 yrs and 28000 kms. Warranty is for 3 years and 1 lakh kms.
Clutches are wear and tear items and are generally not covered under warranty, however, you can coax the ASC to push the OEM for goodwill warranty and it should happen, Fiat ASCs are a nice lot generally.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 16:13   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post

They say could be clutch worn out because of clutch riding. I make a conscious effort to not clutch ride ever. I feel such premature and sudden failure could point to something else.

None of my other cars gave me this problem almost till a lakh kms. Can I claim warranty citing defective parts since it is only 2 yrs and 28000 kms. Warranty is for 3 years and 1 lakh kms.

Your views please.
Usually if the clutch is worn out, you will first face issues while downshifting to second and first. Ours lasted for around 55000 kms and most of it was covered inside the city. 28k is definitely not the expected life of the stock clutch even with occasional hard downshifts and slipping.
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2018, 12:54   #79
BHPian

This was the state of the bearing and the pressure plate.

Suggested solution Replacement.

Estimated at Rs 9989/-.

Do you think I can claim warranty on this?

Reason for this - not yet known.
Attached Thumbnails
F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-img_20181014_123817.jpg  

F. Red Linea MJD Emotion through CSD-img_20181014_123812.jpg  

Old 15th October 2018, 16:15   #80
BHPian

Well clutch failure so early is rare. The ASC will definitely claim that it's because of clutch riding. But like others have suggested, you can try and claim goodwill warranty. Otherwise our Linea has done 93k kms and clutch is fine.

On a side note since I have not updated the thread in a long time; we did suffer CSC failure once. That was after the CSC had been replaced. The clutch just became free, the pedal didn't come up. We got the car towed to a service station; there was one nearby fortunately. The CSC's body was found cracked. The replaced CSC was made of metal compared to the plastic build before. I was just wondering that when Fiat recalled cars for CSC change then why didn't they replace the CSC of the metal build then only! They replaced it with the standard plastic one and we suffered CSC failure after that. But I believe the change has been implemented on all cars since then.
Old 15th October 2018, 16:28   #81
BHPian

Quote:
This was the state of the bearing and the pressure plate.

Suggested solution Replacement.

Estimated at Rs 9989/-.

Do you think I can claim warranty on this?

Reason for this - not yet known.
What was the state of the friciton plate? I can't help but suspect improper fitment of the assembly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks