Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 14:34   #46
BHPian

Giving the car for 1st service tomorrow. It has run 1200 kms till now and falls in range for 1st service. Also I will be making a weekend trip next week, so I thought earlier the better. First service will be done at Trident Hyundai, the service station of which is just opposite my office.

Mileage check gave me a good mileage of 17kmpl which I'm very happy about.

Things to be done for service
1) Fix rattles coming from front left side.
2) Wiper leaving a streak when used. Doesnt clear the windscreen clearly.
3) Touch-up for two scratches that the car has earned

Jimmy-: I will take interior pics this weekend. Didn't get time for this last weekend.
Old 15th September 2009, 15:04   #47
BHPian

krish3, congrats and a nice car...

20kmpl is excellent, I guess this engine is capable of giving more on the highways.

How is the AC performance?

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 15th September 2009 at 15:17.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
3) Headlights are CRAP. Was blinded even in city.
4) Horn is very weak, though my family liked that as it was less of a nuisance.
How does a bad headlight cause blinding?
Old 15th September 2009, 18:55   #49
Senior - BHPian

When you cant see the road ahead, it is seemingly equivalent to being blinded...

I perfectly understand what Krish means- the Getz D definitely needs a headlamp upgrade!
Old 15th September 2009, 19:21   #50
BHPian

Congrats Krish on the new car. It is a sweet deal. Enjoy diesel power!!

Quote:
A few of the pros and cons that I felt with the Getz CRDi.
Pros
7) Good Mileage. Got around 20 kmpl in this run. I used to get 20 kmpl in my Zen and 22-23 kmpl on my fiesta. So its at par for me.
20kmpl is pretty good for a new car, that too with upwards of 100BHP on tap. OT, how do you manage 22-23kmpl on Fiesta. Guess, you are a pretty decent driver.

Quote:
Dislikes
4) Rain water just doesn't seem to slide down the front screen. It seems to stay there. Never seen this in any car before, or am I wrong here?
That happens quiet a lot. I've seen it on Zen too, the water droplets infact start tracking up if you are doing decent speeds. Its more to do with slope of the windscreen and your speed. Air-force on water droplets
Old 15th September 2009, 19:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

I've known tourist cab operators wipe their windshields with "Hans" to make it non-stick
Old 15th September 2009, 20:01   #52
BHPian

Thanks Mr Bean aka Vinod. Congrats to you too on getting your fav Baleno.

AC is quite good. Never used above 2 even when I didn't have the sun film. 1 would suffice in most conditions that I encounter (doesn't include extreme summer as in chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
When you cant see the road ahead, it is seemingly equivalent to being blinded...

I perfectly understand what Krish means- the Getz D definitely needs a headlamp upgrade!
Phoenix- Thanks for the reply. Thats exactly what I meant. For this reason I fitted Osram Nightbreakers 60/55W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Congrats Krish on the new car. It is a sweet deal. Enjoy diesel power!!

OT, how do you manage 22-23kmpl on Fiesta. Guess, you are a pretty decent driver.

That happens quiet a lot. I've seen it on Zen too, the water droplets infact start tracking up if you are doing decent speeds. Its more to do with slope of the windscreen and your speed. Air-force on water droplets
Thanks Unni. My father gets better mileage with the Fiesta than me. He's a superb driver but by no means slow.

The water phenomenon is exactly as you mentioned. It's beautiful to see it going up at speeds.

Quote:
I've known tourist cab operators wipe their windshields with "Hans" to make it non-stick
Some have mentioned about using alchohol. Will try both at some time after this first service.
Old 15th September 2009, 23:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Here is my version. When you dont find enough lighting you strain to see the road better and when the on coming cars light falls on your eye it irritates all the more.

Shyam
Old 16th September 2009, 06:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Jimmy-: I will take interior pics this weekend. Didn't get time for this last weekend.
wiper can be cleaned and corrected and use windscreen wash fluid from Wuth , available in small bottles at Shell pump i belive its Rs60 buck a peice. Works wonders in the rain . On sustained use results are very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
krish3, congrats and a nice car...

20kmpl is excellent, I guess this engine is capable of giving more on the highways.

How is the AC performance?
the same AC plant as in verna , lovely cooling. In the verna i have used full cooling only a few time in the past almost three years. I normally run it around 50% for a comfortable cabin temperature. I would imagine that the getz i no different.

Wait till the 2ne service to get over for th real FE figures. but i guess by then you will start pushing the limitsof the car thereby bringing down your FE
Old 16th September 2009, 10:56   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
wiper can be cleaned and corrected and use windscreen wash fluid from Wuth , available in small bottles at Shell pump i belive its Rs60 buck a peice. Works wonders in the rain . On sustained use results are very nice.

Wait till the 2ne service to get over for th real FE figures. but i guess by then you will start pushing the limitsof the car thereby bringing down your FE
Thanks Hellstar. I will certainly buy Wuth wash fluid and check.

I never really push any vehicle hard. Its all gentle acceleration and braking for me. I slow down well in advance and use only as much acceleration as required. I generally avoid tight manouvers as the risk is not worth taking to save a few secs/minutes.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:29   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Got the car back after first service. I had the above issues before service and they have fixed everything.

1) The rattles seemed to have come in after I fixed the ICE and Autocop. They tightened everything and there is no noise inside.

2) Wiper also cleans well now. They asked me if I needed a solution to be added. And when I saw, it was the same solution that Hellstar had mentioned above. They were charging Rs 88/- for that. I didn't fill as of now as I wanted to buy few packs from Shell itself.

3) They polished one of the scratches and it has vanished. The other scratch needs a touch-up and it seems its not done in this service station.

Overall, I'm very impressed by the service, including the personnel. They were well behaved, nice and professional. I was discussing various cars and he never said anything untoward about any car. He seemed to identify the pluses and minuses of each car. Good indded and I'm VERY HAPPY.

Hope this exp continues in future services as well.
Old 16th September 2009, 18:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Now that first service is over, what have you planned? K&N? Fog lamps? Spoilers??
Old 16th September 2009, 22:19   #58
BHPian

Hey where did you drop your car for service?
Old 16th September 2009, 23:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes , they do that only when the wipers fail dont try to mix this with the wipers may cause damage to the soft rubber on the wiper blades

Quote:
Thanks Hellstar. I will certainly buy Wuth wash fluid and check.

sorry krish its Wurth not wuth ..

Quote:
2) Wiper also cleans well now. They asked me if I needed a solution to be added. And when I saw, it was the same solution that Hellstar had mentioned above. They were charging Rs 88/- for that. I didn't fill as of now as I wanted to buy few packs from Shell itself.

3) They polished one of the scratches and it has vanished. The other scratch needs a touch-up and it seems its not done in this service station.
buy from shell and use thats the best way and remember they come in small bottles , tyrestore in chennai , greams road also has these but he charges 85 bucks.

that would be the rubbing compound , not the polish be wary of this , use too much of this and your paint will be ruined.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:20   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Now that first service is over, what have you planned? K&N? Fog lamps? Spoilers??
Fog Lamps. I will need them for night/early morning drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Hey where did you drop your car for service?
Trident Hyundai on the Inner Ring road just before the Domlur Flyover when you are coming from Ejipura. My office happens to be just opposite the service centre.

In fact, HH (for my Karizma) and Hyundai (Getz) are both hardly 100 mts away from my office. Easy to service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
yes , they do that only when the wipers fail dont try to mix this with the wipers may cause damage to the soft rubber on the wiper blades

sorry krish its Wurth not wuth ..

buy from shell and use thats the best way and remember they come in small bottles , tyrestore in chennai , greams road also has these but he charges 85 bucks.

that would be the rubbing compound , not the polish be wary of this , use too much of this and your paint will be ruined.
Thanks Hellstar. Will check Shell bunks for WURTH . Heard mixing alchohol in wiper washer solution gets the windscreen clean. Is it true?

I too prefer touch-up to rubbing compound. This was just a one time solution. Thanks for the advice, Will keep this in mind.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th September 2009 at 13:12. Reason: only 2 smilies per post please, thanks

Most Viewed