Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2010, 01:47   #106
Senior - BHPian

Warranty claims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Brain View Post
The dirt and mud makes the alloys look very awesome. The brake dust would have enhanced the look of the alloys further more.
lol! Yes, I do love the brake dust! I makes the alloys looks like they're painted black

Quote:
Now, I feel that finding a unsatisfied Fiat owner is very hard!
I do agree with you as I'm very much satisfied with my car and ownership!

Quote:
Anyway, can you please share the details regarding the warranty claims and all. (or should I wait for your detailed 'Long term ownership report'?
Surviving Brain, I'll write a detailed report later. Here is a brief report on the recent visit to Service Centre.

Some days back, we had sent a mail to Magesh Kodalkar mentioning the problems that we had faced so far. I'm really thankful to him for his prompt response.

The problems that we had complained were :

1)The LHS front door speaker was defective and it used to give out distorted noises even at low volumes. We had noticed the same during the first day of ownership. But, we never complained.

After complaining to Fiat, the authorized dealers - Marina Motors, Calicut has agreed to replace the LHS front speaker free of cost. They say that it will take nearly a week or so for the speaker to arrive.

2)The Driver Seat Height Adjuster Mechanism was defective. The driver seat height used to lower automatically. They've succeeded in fixing the issue after many unsuccessful attempts.

But, the guys at the service centre broke the plastic covering near the height adjustment lever. We have complained the same and they have agreed to fix the issue during the 3rd free service(30k km service)

3)The guys at the service centre broke the inside panel on the C-Pillar on LHS during the 2nd free service. At first, they didn't accept their fault and they insisted us to pay for the same. After complaining to Fiat, they replaced the panel free of cost

4)The driver side floor mat used to get wet. I had got the problem rectified twice before. So, let me see whether the issue still persists.

Overall Rating : 8/10.

Total Cost : Rs 0.00

Last edited by Klub Class : 2nd December 2010 at 01:52.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2010, 21:11   #107
BANNED

Re: Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update

Thanks for the updates. I follow your thread regularly for Punto ownership report.

How much does the ground clearance being less affect your regular drive? Was there any serious damage to the under-body of your FIAT?

Last edited by COUNSEL : 11th December 2010 at 21:12.
Old 12th December 2010, 18:53   #108
BHPian

Hi Amit,Have u upgraded your ICE ?I heard that those blaupunkt Ice system is very crappy.
Waiting for another good set of pics.
Pegards
SHK
Old 9th January 2011, 11:10   #109
Senior - BHPian

We had made some warranty claims some couple of weeks back.

1) The driver seat height adjustment mechanism had some problems. I mean, the seat used to go down automatically, in course of time.

The mechanics tried to fix the issues by fitting a new height adjustment mechanism, but it was of no use. To my surprise they replaced our seats with a new one and thus, they succeed in solving the issue permanently.

PS: The driver seat looks very clean when contrasted with the passenger seat. Yes, we need to give our car for interior detailing.

2) The LHS speakers were found to be defective. Unlike the other speakers in our car, this speaker used to produce distorted sound.

They replaced this speaker with a brand new one. Though the speaker costs Rs. 650, it was done free of cost.

Thanks a million Marina Motors, Calicut & Mr.Mangesh. You've done a good job.

Last edited by Klub Class : 9th January 2011 at 11:12.
Old 9th January 2011, 11:34   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
How much does the ground clearance being less affect your regular drive? Was there any serious damage to the under-body of your FIAT?
I agree that the ground clearance is low.

The car is being primarily used by my dad. He never drive fast over bad patches and more he takes the humps diagonally. So, now major issues so far. But, when the car is being driven by my mother, it is a different story altogether

More over it's the bumper that kiss the humps, at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Have u upgraded your ICE ?I heard that those blaupunkt Ice system is very crappy.
We have not yet upgraded the ICE. For your info, we bought an used Maruti Wagon -R and thus, we're having low Vitamin M. An upgrade is in the pipeline(Let me hope that my dad won't disappoint me )

The blaupunkt HU is not crap, the whole blame goes to the speakers.

EDIT: Sorry for the back to back posts. I somehow failed to reply within 20 mins.

Last edited by Klub Class : 9th January 2011 at 11:42.
Old 9th January 2011, 12:25   #111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Warranty claims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
4)The driver side floor mat used to get wet. I had got the problem rectified twice before. So, let me see whether the issue still persists.

Overall Rating : 8/10.
Total Cost : Rs 0.00
, can you tell me how the driver floor mat could get wet, is it due to leakage/ bad insulation or water from the windshield?

As fro the ***, do you think it is due to lack of qualified personnel or bad quality of spares? Perhaps the third point could be that the personnel are not careful enough.
Old 9th January 2011, 18:45   #112
Senior - BHPian

Re: Warranty claims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
, can you tell me how the driver floor mat could get wet, is it due to leakage/ bad insulation or water from the windshield?
It's my bad that I didn't mention the reason why the driver side floor mat used to get wet.

The A/C drainage tube was either clogged or disconnected and hence the floor mats used to get wet. The ASC fixed the issue and the mat does not get anymore.

Quote:
As fro the A.S.S, do you think it is due to lack of qualified personnel or bad quality of spares?
For the record, we hadn't faced much issues regarding the A.S.S.

We had bought the Fiat GP within a couple of months after its launch in IND. Within a week of ownership, the alternator failed and we got it replaced within a week or so. Ours is the first reported alternator failure in a Fiat GP & Fiat Linea in IND, according to Fiat Mumbai.

I don't feel that the spares are of low quality, hence I say that the issues regarding the A.S.S are because of the poor attitude of the service centers.

Quote:
Perhaps the third point could be that the personnel are not careful enough.
Since I'm very sure that the panel on C-Pillar were damaged while the car was in ASC, I guess, I can safely assume that the service personnel were not careful.

But, I didn't face any issues after this incident.
Old 10th January 2011, 03:31   #113
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the clarifications Klub Class. IMHO, in case we have a problem with ***, it would be better to report it, so that the procedures are more stringent in the future.I think the problem with Tata/ Fiat has been that they are too laidback in implementing their rules. hopefully this will improve,
I am glad to hear your Punto is doing well
Old 10th January 2011, 21:13   #114
BHPian

Quote:
The blaupunkt HU is not crap, the whole blame goes to the speakers.
well i recently replaced my front speakers with sony xplod 190w 2 way ones and the basslines have improved dramatically.also installed tweeters near provision given beside doorhandles (surprised to find seperate wiring).overall sound is much better.A replacement of rear ones in the door with ones cut into parcel shelf would ideally make the set up sound way better.
attaching a pic of the supposedly made in poland el cheapo OEM speakers.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack | 26,000 KM update-sp.jpg  

Old 21st January 2011, 18:20   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Well I recently replaced my front speakers with Sony xplod 190w 2 way ones and the basslines have improved dramatically. Also installed tweeters near provision given beside doorhandles (surprised to find separate wiring).overall sound is much better.A replacement of rear ones in the door with ones cut into parcel shelf would ideally make the set up sound way better.
attaching a pic of the supposedly made in poland el cheapo OEM speakers.
I envy you brother! Mind sharing the cost and some pics?

Thanks again for uploading the pics of that crappy speakers.
Old 22nd January 2011, 23:08   #116
BHPian

will tell you details in my thread when i update it soon.
Old 22nd January 2011, 23:11   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
will tell you details in my thread when i update it soon.
Alright. I'll be looking forward for your update.

How's your Fiat Punto? I guess, it is serving you well.
Old 11th February 2011, 23:35   #118
BHPian

Would you mind answering my queries?

1) Does your Fiat Punto rattle like the way Maruti Swift does?

2) Have you felt that your car is underpowered? Would you have opted 1.6 MJD if it was available at the time of your purchase?

3) Does Fiat Punto have an odd sized spare wheel?

4) How's the gearshift? Is it worse/better than the Maruti Swift?
Old 16th February 2013, 13:04   #119

[quote=Klub Class;2202735]We had made some warranty claims some couple of weeks back.

1) The driver seat height adjustment mechanism had some problems. I mean, the seat used to go down automatically, in course of time.

The mechanics tried to fix the issues by fitting a new height adjustment mechanism, but it was of no use. To my surprise they replaced our seats with a new one and thus, they succeed in solving the issue permanently.

Hi Klub Class,

The same seat problem exists in my Punto also.During my Next service I will complain. Bought it from Marina Motors , Calicut on Oct 2012. Till Now my Punto has clocked 8200km's. How was your experience with Marina motors?
Old 6th October 2014, 14:13   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Alright. I'll be looking forward for your update.

How's your Fiat Punto? I guess, it is serving you well.
Dear Amit,

Thanks a lot for your pm, i replied to your pm but it says your PM box is full. Please reply fast

Most Viewed