Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 18:07   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I do not know whether the rattle is my steering is not so pronounced - or that I have simply learnt to live with it!
ipai - does it rattle on smooth roads with normal small patches of rough road etc?
I feel it is road independent Blackasta. It starts just like that, and sporadically comes off and on.

It sounds like a Piece of paper held against a fan. It gives that kind of sound. Very irritating. A vibrating paper like sound.

Other vibrating sounds include: Dashboard and IRVM vibrating when i am going too slow on a higher gear(lugging), well i understand that this is expected, immediately i upshift and it goes off.

But this one is unpredictable. Just comes on, on its own and is not persistent. Just Sporadic.
Old 28th September 2010, 22:08   #137
Senior - BHPian

Got a follow up call from Mukesh Hyundai today.

Caller - Sir I am calling from Mukesh Hyundai

Me - yes...

C - Are you satisfied with the light problem in your car sir? Is it fixed? is the light working?

Me - (puzzled) what light?

C - It states on the paper that you had some light problem..

Me - (I get it....check airbag light on!!) well - I wish the light stayed off!

C- (puzzled) why sir, is light staying on all the time?

Me - Well , it was an airbag problem and the warning light was on! You guys said that the part (did not mention SRSCM as it would have further troubled that person) was not in stock and you have to order it

C - Oh sorry sir.

Me - When can I expect my car to be called in?

C - By Monday

Me - Please try to make it by Saturday - I don't like the light!

C - Will try sir. Please give favorable comments if Hyundai CRM calls.

Me - Sure I will (I am pleased by the work of Technician and SA anyway, and won't let them down for a shabby call)!

C- Thanks!

Me - BBye

Last edited by blackasta : 28th September 2010 at 22:10.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:40   #138
BHPian

Hi Blackasta,
I hope they fixed your airbag light issue. I have another question. Do you feel that the steering is very tight after upgrading your wheels and tyres?
I'm planning to go for 175/70/R13 with some alloy wheel. My wife likes the current light steering in i10. If it is going to affect very badly after 175 tyre then I don't get approval from her. Please let me know your experience. Also, I appreciate if you can point to other user's experience shared on the forum. I didn't the same myself.
TIA
Old 11th October 2010, 20:47   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticfan View Post
Hi Blackasta,
I hope they fixed your airbag light issue. I have another question. Do you feel that the steering is very tight after upgrading your wheels and tyres?
I'm planning to go for 175/70/R13 with some alloy wheel. My wife likes the current light steering in i10. If it is going to affect very badly after 175 tyre then I don't get approval from her. Please let me know your experience. Also, I appreciate if you can point to other user's experience shared on the forum. I didn't the same myself.
TIA

Well - since I have left India, no calls have been received from Hyundai A.S.S by my mom. As neither me nor dad is at home, its very difficult to follow up. Dad is likely to visit Kolkata again on November and should follow up on this. No one is using the car now.

On the tire upgrade issue - the steering should feel just right once you upgrade! As my car rides on 185/60R14 and you are planning on 175/70R13 - experiences mightr differ, but for sure you won't repent on the steering feel after upsizing.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:38   #140
Senior - BHPian

Guys, does i-10 AT have transmission shift lock feature?
Old 12th October 2010, 02:49   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Guys, does i-10 AT have transmission shift lock feature?
Yup it does (I guess you are talking about the shift lock button on the gear lever).
Old 12th October 2010, 13:07   #142
BHPian

Thanks Blackasta. I'll also check in other threads to find out the steering difference after the tire upgrade. I remember reading somehere that the sterring became too hard. I also drove my cousin's santro with 165/65/R13 and felt that steering is bit hard on low speed.
Old 12th October 2010, 17:46   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup it does (I guess you are talking about the shift lock button on the gear lever).
From what I understand, shift lock prevents you from shifting..say to reverse when the car is on the move. TCM looks from v=0 and brake applied.

Not sure which button you are refering to. OD off?
Old 12th October 2010, 19:17   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
From what I understand, shift lock prevents you from shifting..say to reverse when the car is on the move. TCM looks from v=0 and brake applied.

Not sure which button you are refering to. OD off?
O/D off is the small toggle button. I was mentioning the bigger chrome push button above that.
But never really tried to reverse when the car is in forward direction
Old 10th May 2011, 08:29   #145
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic customer care standard shown by Hyundai India

8 months have passed since the SRSCM fault was detected, and after repeated followups - nothing has happened.
Today I lost my patience when my mother called me up and said that she was repeatedly being called up and asked to provide consent that this case be closed - without repairing the vehicle!

I want to provide a couple of emails, all of which have been unanswered by Hyundai.

from xxxx@gmail.com
to cr@hmil.net
cc yyyy@gmail.com>
date Sun, May 1, 2011 at 5:46 PM
subject Unusual slack in replacing faulty SRS control module - no action taken till now

To whom it may concern:

I had send the email with my complaints (marked below) approximately six weeks back from today.
No action has been taken by the dealer to rectify the issue and fit a new SRSCM module in this time.
I again request Hyundai India to look into this matter and address the issue as soon as possible.
Also - please send a read receipt to this email so that I know there is intent from the company to address my complaint.

Thanks

Siddhartha Sengupta

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:33 PM, xxxx@gmail.com wrote:
To whom it may concern:

I bought a 2009 Hyundai i10 Asta on 2nd September 2009 (booked on 28th July) from Mukesh Hyundai located in Kolkata (Address: FROSTEES HOUSE PP 101, NAZRUL ISLAM AVENUE, KRISHNA PUR PIN :700 059 ). The car comes with 2 year manufacturer warranty, and I bought 1 year extended warranty while I bought the car.

On 16th September 2010 while the car was running perfectly, the air bag warning light came on. Being a weekend, I waited till 18th September to take my car to Mukesh Hyundai's Krishnapur Workshop to get the probelm diagnosed. No other problem was there in the car.

The technician brought in the G-scan tool and started scanning the error codes.

3 error codes came up:

B1102 Battery voltage low
B1329 FIS-Driver communication error
B1334 FIS-Passenger communication error

The check airbag light did not go away.

The technician then detached the front lights and checked the front impact sensors - they were ok.

Then he took out the central console (the cup holders et al) and tried to reset the airbag control module (SRSCM). No luck there either.

They said that this is the first time that they are seeing this kind of issue in their service center.

3 hours had passed and SA said that they require more time to sort this out. We (me, SA, technician) decided that I shall drive the car for a week, and bring it back on next Friday (thus giving them 2 days to sort out the problem).

Strange thing is that after repeated use of G scan tool no error code pops up after being erased for the first time, but the check airbag light persists.

I took my car back on 25th september and left my car at Mukesh Hyundai workshop on 25th september Friday morning, and went back there 26th september after noon to find out what they have managed to do.

The technician had traced the bug down to a faulty SRSCM - code B1620: SRSCM Internal Failure, which was throwing other random error codes at its will and kept the 'check airbag' light glowing. He said that he has checked with the 'faulty' SRSCM in another car - same symptoms as mine, and that car's SRSCM has been tested on my car - no lights, no codes.
They promised they shall do the replacement whenever they receive the part. Nothing charged to me till now, and the replacement shall be done under warranty.

I also recived a written recommendation that SRSCM replacement is the only solution (being suggested by the technician and agreed upon by the SA). Also the repair is to be done fully under warranty.

On first week of October, I had to move to USA temporarily for my job (and I have since been out of India), and the car remains in Kolkata. My father is also out of station (posted in Dibrugarh, Assam). Despite me and my father following up multiple times with the SA (sometimes my father even coming to Kolkata), the replacement part has not been ordered yet and the car has not been called in for the warranty repair.

6 months have passed since the problem was diagnosed and I feel that both me and my father being out of station, this problem is not being looked into seriously by the company/dealer, with no initiative being taken from the dealer/company. This makes me seriously concerned about the responsibility of the company towards its customers.

Please look into this issue and try to address it as soon as possible.

Details of the car

VIN: vin of the car

Owner: Siddhartha Sengupta

I can be reached at my US phone number (cell phone) or at xxxx@gmail.com (email)

My father, Mr yyyy (copied in this email) can be reached at (cell phone number) or at yyyy@gmail.com (email)

My Kolkata home can be reached at <home phone number>.
Old 10th May 2011, 08:31   #146
Senior - BHPian

re: My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!

After my mom called today and let me know of the new situation, I sent an email to Arvind Saxena and H W Park.

Respected Sir/s

Kindly refer to my email below, in which it is mentioned that my car had an airbag malfunction light in September 2010. After 2-3 diagnosis sessions, the problem was successfully traced to a faulty SRSCM, and the technician/service advisor both agreed and noted that the SRSCM is to be replaced under warranty. After repeated follow ups, via email, phone and personal visits by my father, the problem is still unsolved after almost 8 months. My mother is receiving phonecalls pressurizing her to give consent so that the service department can close the service order. It was also communicated to my mother in a phonecall that currently, the person concerned is 'unaware' of what has gone wrong in the car, and they require another round of diagnosis. Also - none of my emails sent to customer relationships department have been answered.

Both me and my father are based out of Kolkata, India, and the car cannot be used by my mother due to this major fault since september 2010.

Being a global company with worldwide presence, please update me whether it is the standard of Hyundai to dilly dally for 8 months and still do nothing about a major safety flaw diagnosed in a vehicle.

I too am employed in a fortune 500 company with global presence having more than 100,000 employees serving a plethora of other fortune 500 companies. We were taught from day 1 that client is the king, and I presumed that being a global giant, Hyundai's standards would be the same. But I am sad to say I have really been disappointed by this appalling lack of customer concern by Hyundai India.

I earnestly hope that some action would be taken to repair my vehicle under warranty as soon as possible.

Let me see if something happens after this.

If nothing happens, I have no other choice but to move the courts.
Old 10th May 2011, 17:55   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If nothing happens, I have no other choice but to move the courts.
Eight months!!!! That is shocking & disgusting on Hyundai's part. Try avoiding the legal option unless you are fully convinced that there is no other alternative. They will not even respond even if you take it to the court.

I am facing this very disgusting behaviour from Hyundai honchos for the past 5 months!!! No response at all from them for a legal notice that was sent to them in January 2011 by our lawyer!!!!! Even a critical and serious malfunction in the EPS of our i20 failed to draw their attention, proving that they are least bothered about the customer's concerns.

All my e-mails/calls fell into deaf ears and instead all I faced was the naked arrogance of the supposed 2nd ranked car manufacturer in India. We had no option left but to go to the court and even then they did not take it seriously.

I hope for your sake that they do something to get your car repaired. I can only imagine how frustrating and how helpless you musty be feeling. ANy way, Good Luck.
Old 10th May 2011, 18:38   #148
Senior - BHPian

I guess something has happened and the ball is atleast rolling.
I received an email (within 4 hours of sending the last email) from Hyundai CRM that they are sorry for the slack and are looking into it via their eastern region office.
Within 2 more hours - an email from the dealer asking me to contact them as they could not contact (!) me on a single phone number.
Now I had provided 3-4 phone numbers, and while they can talk to my mom calling a particular number, they apparently insist on calling some other number which my dad once provided them for temporary communication, as the main channel.

The mail I received from CRM had Korean (I presume) timestamps, and key areas of grievance has been highlighted. I believe mailing to the top bosses has worked to some extent, which brings us to the next question - does every regular warranty replacement need the intervention of SVP and CEO/MD? Aren't the service centers ruining the name of an otherwise (presumably) good company?

Last edited by blackasta : 10th May 2011 at 18:49.
Old 18th May 2011, 08:01   #149
Senior - BHPian

At last - after 8 months, finally the problem has been rectified. The car was picked up from my residence on Sunday, and dropped back on Monday afternoon after the airbag control module was replaced under warranty.
I cannot express how hugely relieved I am after this major problem has been rectified.
Old 18th May 2011, 21:23   #150
BHPian

Happy to hear the good news. It is unfortunate that to solve such an issue, it needed to be escalated to the top brass of the company. But if that's the way then let it be.

Quote:
At last - after 8 months, finally the problem has been rectified. The car was picked up from my residence on Sunday, and dropped back on Monday afternoon after the airbag control module was replaced under warranty.
I cannot express how hugely relieved I am after this major problem has been rectified.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks