Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2014, 16:26   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!

Replaced the OEM Halonix headlamps with new Philips Xtremevision 60/55W ones today. Odo reads a shade less than 39K kms.

Details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3396477
Old 12th May 2014, 15:50   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Replaced the OEM Halonix headlamps with new Philips Xtremevision 60/55W ones today. Odo reads a shade less than 39K kms.

Details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3396477
Hi, I am in the market for a AT hatch, the only change from the time you bought your car and now is that we have Maruti Celerio AT as another option. The purpose is to have a practical no nonsense AT car which will be driven by a lady all the time. So in terms of reliability and adhoc visits to the service center how would you rate the i10 AT, also if you could share realistic mileage figures.
Old 21st May 2014, 21:42   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hi, I am in the market for a AT hatch, the only change from the time you bought your car and now is that we have Maruti Celerio AT as another option. The purpose is to have a practical no nonsense AT car which will be driven by a lady all the time. So in terms of reliability and adhoc visits to the service center how would you rate the i10 AT, also if you could share realistic mileage figures.
For my i10, only time I had to visit a service center other than for periodic maintenance/denting-painting is when my SRSCM (airbag control module) failed.
AT box is very comfortable, but you have to know how to drive an AT car, else you would be confused/disappointed with the outcome.
I have maintained a fuel log over the last 5 years and real life FE over that period is 12.5 kmpl in mixed city/highway conditions. Regular HP fuel used most of the time from a dependable pump.
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:15   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For my i10, only time I had to visit a service center other than for periodic maintenance/denting-painting is when my SRSCM (airbag control module) failed.
AT box is very comfortable, but you have to know how to drive an AT car, else you would be confused/disappointed with the outcome.
I have maintained a fuel log over the last 5 years and real life FE over that period is 12.5 kmpl in mixed city/highway conditions. Regular HP fuel used most of the time from a dependable pump.
Thanks for the update. I must commend on your book keeping for the fuel log

Yes I realized that driving an AT is a different ball game, even the SA at Hyundai was telling me that if you take your foot off the accelerator intermittently while gaining speed the car will move to higher gears quickly and thus you can extract more mileage. Coming from a diesel remapped car I was putting my foot down on the accelerator for more than the required time. Even though this car will be mainly driven by my wife, I will miss the diesel punch
Old 27th July 2014, 20:10   #185
Senior - BHPian

The odo reads around 44k, the car a month under 5 years old, and I am having starting issues while in traffic.
For a few months now, I was noticing that if I am on neutral at signals, the lights would be somewhat flickering. Now a days, if I shut of the engine on signals, and leave the parking lamps + fan (not AC) + stereo on - the car refuses to crank start when the lights go green. I have to turn off everything, wait for 4-5 seconds and then only I am able to crank successfully.
I am thinking that the battery needs replacement - any other suggestions?
Old 8th August 2014, 22:28   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The odo reads around 44k, the car a month under 5 years old, and I am having starting issues while in traffic.
For a few months now, I was noticing that if I am on neutral at signals, the lights would be somewhat flickering. Now a days, if I shut of the engine on signals, and leave the parking lamps + fan (not AC) + stereo on - the car refuses to crank start when the lights go green. I have to turn off everything, wait for 4-5 seconds and then only I am able to crank successfully.
I am thinking that the battery needs replacement - any other suggestions?
Replaced the battery today using the services from batterybhai.com.

Full experience here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post3501067
Old 21st September 2014, 00:07   #187
Senior - BHPian

The little buddy celebrated 5 year birthday a couple weeks back.

Few updates:

Hit a cow in the first week of September at Rajarhat, in front of Tata cancer hospital. The dividers are planted with dense high shrubs, and it is impossible to see the other side of the road.
I was driving at around 40 kmph when suddenly 2 cows rushed through a cut in the divider. I could miss one, but hit (more of a graze than a hit) the other in the back side. The cow flipped a couple of times on the road, but got up and ran away.
Damages - broken front bumper, broken front left foglamp assy, front fender panel dented & dislocated to block the front PA side door from opening.
Got a new bumper and the panels dented/painted at Mukesh Hyundai ASS.
Turn around time - 24 hours, Damages - Rs 8000 out of pocket

Also renewed the road tax for another 5 years. Dad got this done and thankfully I did not have to visit the Barasat RTO. Damages - Rs 25K

Got 4 new tires today as the old ones were on the verge of giving up after 46K kms. Stuck with the same spec same brand - Yokohama ES100 185/60R14.
Feels like heaven after new tires, balancing and alignment done. Damages - Rs 19.5K
Old 21st January 2015, 23:31   #188
Senior - BHPian

50K Kms up for the little guy - the car chugs on nonchalantly.
Did a coolant flush and refill during the last paid service in December.
A small niggle has come up - the front driver side power window switch sometimes takes a couple of seconds, or more than one tries to get engaged on the way up. Have to get this checked during the next service, or possibly sooner!
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:02   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also renewed the road tax for another 5 years. Dad got this done and thankfully I did not have to visit the Barasat RTO. Damages - Rs 25K
So there is no mandatory life tax (15 years) that needs to be payed in WB? Is it renewed every five years?
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:31   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So there is no mandatory life tax (15 years) that needs to be payed in WB? Is it renewed every five years?
New registered cars from 2010 (I guess) pay lifetime tax.
Mine is a 2009 model, and tax was paid for 5 yrs only.
Old 23rd January 2015, 11:55   #191
BHPian

Quote:
50K Kms up for the little guy - the car chugs on nonchalantly.
Did a coolant flush and refill during the last paid service in December.
A small niggle has come up - the front driver side power window switch sometimes takes a couple of seconds, or more than one tries to get engaged on the way up. Have to get this checked during the next service, or possibly sooner!
Congrats on completing 50K kms blackasta. Regarding the driver side power windown switch did you try some electrical contact cleaner found in electrical shops. I know quite a few buggy power windown switches which got rectified by just a liberal application of this cleaner. So do give a thought about this one too before going to the service centre.
Old 28th September 2015, 20:53   #192
Senior - BHPian

Nice reading your long term thread, helped me to decide on my car.

I recently brought an used sportz. I accidentally hit the gear lever and it shifted from D to N. Is it normal? I slowly brought the car to a halt and shifted to D. Is that required or can I just shift back to D on the move?
Old 29th September 2015, 01:04   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Nice reading your long term thread, helped me to decide on my car.

I recently brought an used sportz. I accidentally hit the gear lever and it shifted from D to N. Is it normal? I slowly brought the car to a halt and shifted to D. Is that required or can I just shift back to D on the move?
D<->N is free movement - so just be sure that during driving you don't hit the gear lever to accidentally slot to Neutral - you would have a huge over rev. But even if you do so by mistake, don't worry. Just take your foot off the accelerator, and slot to D - then drive normally - no need to stop.
Main thing is to NEVER EVER switch to R or P from D while the car is in motion. Your gearbox would be shot for sure.
Old 5th October 2015, 17:02   #194
Senior - BHPian

Hey, can someone confirm if the 2009 Sportz AT came with an immobilizer key or an ordinary one. I wanted to duplicate my key and the locksmith after looking at my key and ignition slot confirmed its non-immobilizer type.

See my key picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Hey, can someone confirm if the 2009 Sportz AT came with an immobilizer key or an ordinary one.
Sorry for posting. I searched the forum again to learn that only post March 2009, immobilizers were introduced on the i10 and one of the blackasta's post confirms it.
Attached Thumbnails
My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-image1.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2015 at 17:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 6th October 2015, 11:26   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

I have an Asta i10 AT - took delivery in March 2009. Both my keys have immobiliser chips.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks