Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 22:24   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Hey, how comfortable are you doing 150KM/hr ?

The i10 has so much body roll and even though i upsized to 185/60/14, its not very confidence inspiring during high speeds.

Its feels very uncomfortable after 100 - i took it to 120 once,(with all my courage)
I agree its pretty bouncy so would have thought with an upsize and wider breadth, it should be more stable? Why dont you try with some different air pressure and see if the car rolls lesser?

I managed to go up to 140kmph on a recent TBHP drive meet. It performed decently well. And, i am running on stock tyres.
Old 22nd January 2010, 00:26   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The i10 has so much body roll and even though i upsized to 185/60/14, its not very confidence inspiring during high speeds.

Its feels very uncomfortable after 100 - i took it to 120 once,(with all my courage)
Uncomfy after 100? Hmm - I can do 120-125 solid, but the chassis starts giving up after that (feels unstable).
How many kms have you on your odo?
150 was just a speed mark - I touched and maintained 150 for 4-5 seconds, before I ran out of road.

@ kingofmyworld - No the rear wheel does not touch the wheel arch, I have driven with full load multiple times (some bad roads too). All you got to do is drive at correct speed to avoid the moon craters!

Last edited by blackasta : 22nd January 2010 at 00:29.
Old 23rd January 2010, 21:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

Received my shipment from com-paint this evening.
Shall be taking the challenge to paint a small portion of bumper with bruised paint tomorrow, and update how I fared.

My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc02406.jpg
Old 1st March 2010, 14:13   #79
Senior - BHPian

guys - I am going for my 2nd free service tomorrow / day after tomorrow.
Anything I should be specially aware of? The car has run around 6700 kms.
Old 1st March 2010, 15:50   #80
Senior - BHPian

Just curious blackasta, could you take some pics of the sunroof and the buttons to operate it and describe it's different positions? I mean, does it open all the way or just hinge upwards?

Thanks!
Old 1st March 2010, 17:12   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Just curious blackasta, could you take some pics of the sunroof and the buttons to operate it and describe it's different positions? I mean, does it open all the way or just hinge upwards?

Thanks!
It hinges upwards (tilt setting) , and also opens all the way (the glass roof recedes inside).

I shall post pics with the different settings.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:07   #82
BHPian

Quote:

Mine has never felt so bad at 120 km/h. It feels planted at 120 km/h. Once I took it to 140, it did not feel so good.

It feels very comfortable between 100-105, the speeds that I normally cruise.
Old 2nd March 2010, 18:56   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
guys - I am going for my 2nd free service tomorrow / day after tomorrow.
Anything I should be specially aware of? The car has run around 6700 kms.
Completed the second free service @ 6716 kms.

Work done as part of 2nd free service:

Coolant / Windshield washer fluid top up
Engine oil + filter change (oil - Rs 560, filter - Rs 67)
Air filter change (Rs 159)
Injector cleaning (Rs 220) - was this required? They said that this should be done every 5000 kms.

Extra work done:

Front bumper painting and aligning (I bumped a santro and sumo in the same week, so had paint peel-off + scratches ) - Rs 2350 (discounted from Rs 2800+)

Rear bumper painting (Earlier workshop damage) - FOC

I must comment that though they wash the car quite well (using good quality 3M car wash), they wipe it lousily.
But they also vacuum the interiors, wash the mats, wipe all the seats + dash + steering + console with upholstery cleaner, and dress all the plastic moldings + tire.
Quite nice as I see.

All of these took almost all of the day (from 10.30 in the morning till 5), with sanding + painting etc taking bulk of the time.

There were no other complaints with the car, so nothing on that side.

Result:

The car is gleaming, and what I can feel from the 6 km drive back home, its become smoother and quieter.
Shall be posting experiences and mileage figures once I return from a long tour this weekend (666 kms according to Google maps).
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:21   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Completed the second free service @ 6716 kms.

Work done as part of 2nd free service:

Coolant / Windshield washer fluid top up
Engine oil + filter change (oil - Rs 560, filter - Rs 67)
Air filter change (Rs 159)
Injector cleaning (Rs 220) - was this required? They said that this should be done every 5000 kms.

Extra work done:

Front bumper painting and aligning (I bumped a santro and sumo in the same week, so had paint peel-off + scratches ) - Rs 2350 (discounted from Rs 2800+)

Rear bumper painting (Earlier workshop damage) - FOC

I must comment that though they wash the car quite well (using good quality 3M car wash), they wipe it lousily.
But they also vacuum the interiors, wash the mats, wipe all the seats + dash + steering + console with upholstery cleaner, and dress all the plastic moldings + tire.
Quite nice as I see.

All of these took almost all of the day (from 10.30 in the morning till 5), with sanding + painting etc taking bulk of the time.

There were no other complaints with the car, so nothing on that side.

Result:

The car is gleaming, and what I can feel from the 6 km drive back home, its become smoother and quieter.
Shall be posting experiences and mileage figures once I return from a long tour this weekend (666 kms according to Google maps).
Sid,

Why did you have to change the air filter ? Mine has been only cleaned so far during all the 3 free services.

Injector cleaning charge looks cheap. Any difference you feel after that ? Has the hissing noise disappeared ?
Old 2nd March 2010, 19:49   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Sid,

Why did you have to change the air filter ? Mine has been only cleaned so far during all the 3 free services.

Injector cleaning charge looks cheap. Any difference you feel after that ? Has the hissing noise disappeared ?
Well I think the 2nd service coupon mandates a replace of air filter (no way to verify as now I do not have the coupon with me). But the 3rd free service coupon clearly states 'inspect and replace'.

The air filter was VERY dirty (tried cleaning it last weekend by tapping it to garage wall, and the more i tapped, more dust/black soot came out of it). As it is SPM in Kolkata is very high, so I guess I can spare Rs 159 every 6 months - if my car performs better with that.

The Hissing sound is from the fuel pump (I learnt this from international i10 forums + team bhp), and only happens when the tank is full (in my case at least).

The SA said that as fuel quality is questionable, injector cleaning is advised after 5000 kms.
I have only driven 6 kms to my home, and what I could feel that engine crank + idling has become quieter. Could not test acceleration as the road was congested.
I shall be making a long road trip this weekend (mostly highway), and guess that shall be the ideal time to feel if there is any improvement in performance/FE.

Last edited by blackasta : 2nd March 2010 at 20:06.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:27   #86
BHPian

About oil change in Servicing #01

@blackasta

I have been reading about Run In periods and they applying / not-applying to ECU driven vehicles.
Apart from this the motoman blog (source-tbhp),
Do you personally feel that, Oil change in first servicing is required/compulsory?
I have done around 200km in my i10 too, hence worried about the same!
<both the easy run-in and hard run-in strategies are convincing !!>

Some light please!

Care.

Ace.
Old 2nd March 2010, 22:37   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
@blackasta

I have been reading about Run In periods and they applying / not-applying to ECU driven vehicles.
Apart from this the motoman blog (source-tbhp),
Do you personally feel that, Oil change in first servicing is required/compulsory?
I have done around 200km in my i10 too, hence worried about the same!
<both the easy run-in and hard run-in strategies are convincing !!>

Some light please!

Care.

Ace.
Well I did plan, but did not change oil during 1st free service. Did not find that hampering any performance. Maybe if I did, I would have got better results (who knows!).
When I asked oil + filter to be changed during 1st free service, the SA said that they change oil during PDI, and showed me proof of the same when PDI of another i10 was going on.
I was convinced(after all he was letting go the chance to grab money from me for oil + filter) - and only changed oil today during second service after doing 6700+ kms.
Old 3rd March 2010, 05:27   #88
BHPian

You car looks cool man, i just love black. had to choose white because of non availability of black at that time.

BTW, Did you happen to use the painting kit which you've bought? how is the outcome? I got a scratch in my right door(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1759820-post32.html), quite visible, is it advisable to use the kit?
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:14   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satheesh1909 View Post
You car looks cool man, i just love black. had to choose white because of non availability of black at that time.

BTW, Did you happen to use the painting kit which you've bought? how is the outcome? I got a scratch in my right door(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1759820-post32.html), quite visible, is it advisable to use the kit?
Thanks - but its a real pain maintaining the black color in these conditions.

I did use the kit on my front left bumper, but with my amateurish skills, what I could attain was only a matte black kind of finish. It is only a stopgap solution before you get enough scratches/peel offs in a panel to justify painting the whole panel altogether at A.S.S.
Also, download and watch the video at com-paint site, as that helped me to achieve a non dripping and quick drying paint.

Front side drivers door being a visible area, I suggest that you try some great looking body stickers. You might get the mirror painted from A.S.S (should cost around 250).

Last edited by blackasta : 3rd March 2010 at 10:29.
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:47   #90
BHPian

Thanks blackasta, I'm going to look for independent garages to paint/touch-up that area, my other option is to go for stickers. Now I'm more tilted towards stickers(being a easy one )

Most Viewed