Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 11:36   #91
Senior - BHPian

Received my meguiars cleaner wax, microfiber(set of 3) and wash mitten from my friend. Shall be posting a pic once I get home from office.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:31   #92
Senior - BHPian

My car care kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Received my meguiars cleaner wax, microfiber(set of 3) and wash mitten from my friend. Shall be posting a pic once I get home from office.
So here is the full kit to keep the dark knight squeaky clean!

My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-my_stuff2.jpg

Last edited by blackasta : 5th March 2010 at 22:35.
Old 7th March 2010, 21:09   #93
Senior - BHPian

Wow! awesome!!

great collection there!

btw why not tech wax or gold class??
Old 7th March 2010, 21:17   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Wow! awesome!!

great collection there!

btw why not tech wax or gold class??
I first opted for getting tech wax, but learnt (from meguiars site) that tech wax basically does the protection part of clean-polish-protect cycle. For people who cannot use clay to clean, then polish, and then seal the polish with wax (due to time/budget constraints) - the cleaner wax is the best alternative suggested.
Take a look:
Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle - Updated! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

Aim to get clay + polish + wax + quick detailer sometime soon. Hope one of my friends in US comes for a vacation/returns with light bags :P

Returned from a 650+ kms trip (included travelling to Bokaro,JH and Durgapur,WB) this weekend that included driving (mostly) on NH2, NH32, and NH23.
Average mileage returned is around 15.8 kmpl, with AC on 100% of the time. I expected FE to be bit higher, but traversing through crowded Dhanbad city streets and broken patches on NH32 brought the FE down I guess.
NH2 is nice to drive on, if one can find his way through the thousands of trucks plying.
But the trucks are more disciplined than the other vehicles on the highway.

Last edited by Dippy : 8th March 2010 at 11:27. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 7th March 2010, 22:34   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I first opted for getting tech wax, but learnt (from meguiars site) that tech wax basically does the protection part of clean-polish-protect cycle. For people who cannot use clay to clean, then polish, and then seal the polish with wax (due to time/budget constraints) - the cleaner wax is the best alternative suggested.
Take a look:
Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle - Updated! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online

Aim to get clay + polish + wax + quick detailer sometime soon. Hope one of my friends in US comes for a vacation/returns with light bags :P
Yea! TechWax2.0 is best used after surface prep!

Great choice there!
Old 8th March 2010, 00:52   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Average mileage returned is around 15.8 kmpl, with AC on 100% of the time.
Hey bro you are driving an Automatic right lol.
My car engine has opened as you had mentioned earlier at around 3000-4000kms.I'm getting 9.8 on 80% A.C. and 80% music system (which takes in around 300-400W rms power) which I didn't factor in but I think I should mention that too.
Old 8th March 2010, 10:40   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun1 View Post
Hey bro you are driving an Automatic right lol.
My car engine has opened as you had mentioned earlier at around 3000-4000kms.I'm getting 9.8 on 80% A.C. and 80% music system (which takes in around 300-400W rms power) which I didn't factor in but I think I should mention that too.
Yep - sure I am driving around in a slushbox!
I guess everyone should get atleast 12 kmpl in mixed city-highway conditions - provided they drive it the way an autobox is supposed to be driven.
You know what - I broke down the FE figures last night with help from a small calculator, my car's trip meter, and fuel bills, and I found that the last leg of my journey (around 175 kms) returned FE of around 19 kmpl.
Also, today while comign to office - i held up traffic in a couple of places as I could not make out whether the car has really started (I only had my music system on at mediocre volume) - the crank has become butter smooth after second service.

Last edited by blackasta : 8th March 2010 at 10:42.
Old 10th March 2010, 23:14   #98
Senior - BHPian

Bad news guys - a truck bumped my car from back in almost standstill traffic, and i have a very shallow but large dent in my hatch - all of this when it took me two and half hours to traverse a 22 km distance.
So tomorrow I have to visit A.S.S again, and apply for insurance, leave my car with them for atleast 5-6 days and bla bla bla - makes me feel sick and tired.
Old 20th March 2010, 17:05   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bad news guys - a truck bumped my car from back in almost standstill traffic, and i have a very shallow but large dent in my hatch - all of this when it took me two and half hours to traverse a 22 km distance.
So tomorrow I have to visit A.S.S again, and apply for insurance, leave my car with them for atleast 5-6 days and bla bla bla - makes me feel sick and tired.
Got my car back yesterday - hatch door is nicely painted and finished.
Paid 500 as insurance claim charge.

Used the meguiars cleaner wax today, and the result is great.
The wax DOES clean (noticed some dirt in my microfiber), polish and protect.
Water beading is excellent and the shine is pretty good.
Lets see how long the wax holds.
Some pictures for your reference:

My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc_4010.jpg

My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc_4012.jpg

My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc_4020.jpg
Old 20th March 2010, 21:08   #100
BHPian

hey blackasta,

I got my white i10 auto sportz 3 days ago, and im loving it, its so easy to drive in the city.

I have however not yet received my owners manual for the car and as such had a question that i was hoping maybe you could answer, there is a switch on the gear lever and when i press it, a light appears saying 'o/d off', what exactly is that switch?

Thanks,

sachin
Old 20th March 2010, 23:42   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwadhwani View Post
hey blackasta,

I got my white i10 auto sportz 3 days ago, and im loving it, its so easy to drive in the city.

I have however not yet received my owners manual for the car and as such had a question that i was hoping maybe you could answer, there is a switch on the gear lever and when i press it, a light appears saying 'o/d off', what exactly is that switch?

Thanks,

sachin
Congrats on your latest acquisition sachin.
The switch you are talking about is the 'overdrive control switch'.
Its a toggle switch to engage/disengage the overdrive , i.e the 4th gear.
If you feel that you are in a congested road and shall be driving in 55-65 kmph zone (which results in multiple 3->4 and 4->3 gear shift, you can toggle the switch to turn 'O/D off'. With this, the car is effectively running with only 3 gears to be engaged, and saves fuel by not having to shift between 3 to4 and back umpteen number of times. When you hit the open roads again, just toggle the switch again to turn O/D on, and enjoy the 4th overdrive gear. Be aware that in O/D off, the rpm at the same speed shall be greater than with O/D on, especially at speeds over 60.
Old 24th March 2010, 22:26   #102
Senior - BHPian

Got my car's wheel alignment done today. Apparently, the right front wheel had a toe alignment problem (I noticed thin scrapes of rubber peeling from the outer edge and immediately took action).
The alignment sheet is as follows:

My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc02411.jpg

Last edited by blackasta : 24th March 2010 at 22:28.
Old 25th March 2010, 13:26   #103
BHPian

nice observation and good save!

Hello, That was quick observation and good save for your shoes blackasta!
I will add that to my check list.

One Q: how often you check Air pressure& what is the rate of deflation for your tyres?

Any observations similar to mine?
Any further digging with the issues/possible problems!

You heard about the free 80 point check up program right?

Care.

Ace.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:14   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Hello, That was quick observation and good save for your shoes blackasta!
I will add that to my check list.

One Q: how often you check Air pressure& what is the rate of deflation for your tyres?

Any observations similar to mine?
Any further digging with the issues/possible problems!

You heard about the free 80 point check up program right?

Care.

Ace.

Its around once in 4-5 weeks. I can feel it once the ride gradually becomes softer and a portion of the road with raised stonechips feels not so bumpy - its time for air pressure check.
Also everyday before gettign out from both home and office, I vidually do a quick check of all 4 tires.

Free 80 point check up? Is Hyundai offering that?
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:41   #105
Senior - BHPian

Ok need your advice quickly!

I have to leave country as police is after me (Ok I'm kidding - I have to go for a client site assignment in USA this sunday - for 3 months minimum).

My car would be left in a covered parking (my house's portico), and may be driven once a week for 2-3 kms by my dad.

Any suggestions on maintenance of a 99% inactive car over a long term period?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks