Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 13:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

Back to sunny FE guys
Last fillup happened after driving 359.4 kms and took in 27.11 liters of fuel - so the FE comes to around 13.26 kmpl! (and the roads were a lot less congested this time)
Old 7th December 2009, 12:19   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
1. Has anyone fitted the illumination control switch in i10 which wildon has in his i20? (Part No: 94950-1J0009P)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1612685-post108.html
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but I couldn't really appreciate the utility of this. Personally I never felt the illumination as a distraction and hence the query.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:34   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, but I couldn't really appreciate the utility of this. Personally I never felt the illumination as a distraction and hence the query.

I had this in my earlier car,and kept the lights dimmed to a fair extent. Don't really like my dash lit up like a christmas tree .
This is partially solved as in i10 we can switch off the central console lamp. But still the illumination control is a nice to have feature for the driver console.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:38   #64
BHPian

@blackasta: Hey bro awesome choice and cool tires+rim. They look fabulous. 1.2 Kappa is a superb machine, huh bro? Just got the i10 1.2 Asta AT with sunroof two days back. So far so good and I would say its quiet powerful. I am thinking of the tire cum rim change. Saw your ride's pics. Was wondering if your Yokohama AVS's are sticking out of the body, since it is 185. If you don't mind could you please post some pics of your ride's back side emphasizing the tires.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy, and congrats on your machine - start an ownership thread here for all of us to have a look at your prized possession.
Ya the tires do stick out by half an inch. I had to get rid of the front mudflaps for that (tires were rubbing with mudflaps on full steering lock by 5 mm), and plan to get wider rear mudflaps for next monsoon.
I had a picture which another bhpian requested - hope this suits your need.

My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc02382.jpg

edit: found your thread!!

Last edited by blackasta : 7th December 2009 at 22:11.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:18   #66
BHPian

@blackasta: Thanks a ton Sid. Yes this suits my requirement. Hmmm the tire sticks out, but guess its ok. Can be done away with. Yes i do have a thread, but due to some tech snag the texts are cluttered making the readability poor. You can visit this link for the pics http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...c-sunroof.html . I will get the text spacing fixed soon.
Old 9th December 2009, 23:18   #67
BHPian

Hey Sid,

I have almost zeroed in on the tires. Planning to buy Potenza's 175/65 R14 H with 14" Plati's. Will do the up-size by Saturday. I was wondering about couple of things
a. How is your steering response after the up-size? Tight or still the same
b. Did you notice any lag in torque or engine response after up-size?
Old 10th December 2009, 21:33   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulananda View Post
Hey Sid,

I have almost zeroed in on the tires. Planning to buy Potenza's 175/65 R14 H with 14" Plati's. Will do the up-size by Saturday. I was wondering about couple of things
a. How is your steering response after the up-size? Tight or still the same
b. Did you notice any lag in torque or engine response after up-size?
steering response - high speed response is much more stable. I have only driven 20 odd kms on my stock tires - that too 3 months back.

No lag in torque or engine response & my difference in circumference is almost the same (0.1% difference from stock)

Any reason behind your 175/65R14 choice?

From 155/80R13, 175/65R14 has 0.85% difference in circumference whereas 185/60R14 has only 0.1%. I would suggest you to go for 185/60 R14 if you do not do bad roads frequently and need more profile height.
Old 11th January 2010, 22:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

Okay people - times are real bad for me

Sunday noon - rear ended another santro in b2b traffic. I tried to overtake him while he suddenly halted. Both of us had a discussion and kept cool, and decided not to charge each other.
Damages - black spot on santro's rear right bumper from my bumper inserts, and chipped rear left lamp. scuffed left front bumper and slightly bent front quarter panel on my i10. Also broke my right wheel well plastic guard. The quarter panel was tinkered back to shape and a new wheel well guard refit. Cost- Rs 368.

Monday Evening - Went to Mukesh Hyundai service center on jessore rd to get the wheel well guard fitted - and someone at the workshop backed my car into a post!!
Damages - chipped paint and small recesses/dents on the bumper. Cost - Rs 0 as the SA issued a 'workshop damage' note, and asked me to drop my car any day for a free dent + paint job. But still have to waste some time to drop and get the car.

Pray for me people!!

So I ordered the com-paint combo pack online and shall try my hand at spray painting the scratched areas of front bumper once it arrives.

And I guess I broke/set a new record for i10 speed when I drove @ 150 kmph on the Rajarhat bypass this Sunday morning!

Last edited by blackasta : 11th January 2010 at 22:13.
Old 18th January 2010, 12:05   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Okay people - times are real bad for me

Pray for me people!!
I empathize with you and wish you luck. At the same time, think positively, you just got a small damage to your car which is better than any risk to your own life - so just sit back, thank GOD and say "ALL IS WELL"
Old 18th January 2010, 19:16   #71
Senior - BHPian

5000 km update

Crossed 5000 km mark while commuting to office today (in 4.5 months).

Observations after 5000 km:

80 kmph comes up like anything!
FE is around 12.5 to 13
1 rattle (i am assuming it comes from under my front passenger seat)appeared after i refit my seat covers.
No other rattle than that.

My com-paint has been shipped and I am really itching to try it on the scratched bumper portions.
Old 21st January 2010, 16:16   #72
BHPian

What is the O/D button for, i am not very clear with the documentation in the manual.

I feel the veichle to run more freely with the o/d off
whereas
with o/d on the steering seems a bit heavy.
what is the recommendation and usage.

Also, i feel the engine noise to be a bit more and it increases with speed. Is it normal or should i check with showroom.

@rahulananda: 175*65 is not recommended for i10, please stay away from this size.
I have put 175*60 in my i10.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:40   #73
Senior - BHPian

O/D button is for switching the overdrive gear (the 4th gear with gear ratio more than 1) on and off.
With O/D off, the car drives with first 3 gears (so faster acceleration is possible - analogous to down shifting and overtaking)
With O/D on - the car utilizes all 4 gears - resulting in smoother drive above 60 and lower fuel consumption.
So in effect we can drive an A/T car with 1 gear engaged - L, 2 gears engaged - 2, 3 gears engaged - D with O/D off and 4 gears engaged - D with O/D on.
Try to use O/D off when doing smaller roads with max speed at 55 - you would save on the constant up shift and down shift.

Engine noise is something that is difficult to comment on. If its out of your comfort zone, check with A.S.S (btw you are talking about engine noise with O/D on right?)
Old 21st January 2010, 22:04   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hey, how comfortable are you doing 150KM/hr ?

The i10 has so much body roll and even though i upsized to 185/60/14, its not very confidence inspiring during high speeds.

Its feels very uncomfortable after 100 - i took it to 120 once,(with all my courage)
Old 21st January 2010, 22:10   #75
BHPian

Nice wheels dude,
Aren't your rear wheels scrapping your wheel arches on full load?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks