Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 10:50   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Wish that everything is fine Blackasta.

Today morning when i was driving i felt the engine was behaving strangely!

Car has just completed 15000 kms, plan to give it for fourth service soon before the 2nd year warranty expires on 3rd november.

Have you observed such sporadic behaviors?? Put forth your opinion guys!
Hope that it is just a false alarm! Anyway the car is well within warranty, but these kind of problems are a headache!

BTW didn't you go for 4th service 6 months after 3rd service i.e on 18th month? I guess your coolant level might be low.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:50   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Hope that it is just a false alarm! Anyway the car is well within warranty, but these kind of problems are a headache!

BTW didn't you go for 4th service 6 months after 3rd service i.e on 18th month? I guess your coolant level might be low.
oops! i didn't!! I guess i should have been more responsible and gone for the 4th service in may itself!

since today, when i put the AC on, the engine engine begins to stress up a bit, more than usual.
Old 17th September 2010, 15:33   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
oops! i didn't!! I guess i should have been more responsible and gone for the 4th service in may itself!

since today, when i put the AC on, the engine begins to stress up a bit, more than usual.

AFAIK - not sticking to the 5K kms/6 months regular service schedule might jeopardize the warranty on the vehicle. Get the car serviced ASAP.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:06   #124
BHPian

BlackAsta. Hope you had the Air Bag light malfunction fixed.

I wanted to share wih all of you that I completed my 4th service yesterday (First Paid Service).

Cost me Rs 2100 with oil change. I thought that was steep. What do you guys think? The job done was not that good either. The wheel arches still had a thin coating of mud caked due to the rains and as usual they messed up the otherwise immaculate iteriors of my car. I will sort that out personally this weekend.

My mileage has more or less been constant. The odo is now at 15400+ and my city/highway mileage is 9.5 to 10/13 to 14 km/l. My observations after 1 year and ~ 4 months of ownership:

Engine: Very satisfied. Responds very well in all situations

Ride Quality: Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing by putting on alloys and the Michelins. The lower aspect ratio makes the anyway bouncy i10 even a little hard when driven through bad roads. But on the highway those thoughts just disappear .

Brakes: I need your advice here friends. This is the 3rd time I went to them to set my brakes right. As it is the brakes are not adequate in my opinion. To top that I have had air locks, faulty caliper, and some more problems with them. Need a way to drastically improve these brakes. I don't have ABS as well. Biggest mistake. Wish I had got the Asta.
Everything else has been fine so far.
Old 17th September 2010, 16:22   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
BlackAsta. Hope you had the Air Bag light malfunction fixed.

I wanted to share wih all of you that I completed my 4th service yesterday (First Paid Service).

Cost me Rs 2100 with oil change. I thought that was steep. What do you guys think? The job done was not that good either. The wheel arches still had a thin coating of mud caked due to the rains and as usual they messed up the otherwise immaculate iteriors of my car. I will sort that out personally this weekend.

My mileage has more or less been constant. The odo is now at 15400+ and my city/highway mileage is 9.5 to 10/13 to 14 km/l. My observations after 1 year and ~ 4 months of ownership:

Engine: Very satisfied. Responds very well in all situations

Ride Quality: Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing by putting on alloys and the Michelins. The lower aspect ratio makes the anyway bouncy i10 even a little hard when driven through bad roads. But on the highway those thoughts just disappear .

Brakes: I need your advice here friends. This is the 3rd time I went to them to set my brakes right. As it is the brakes are not adequate in my opinion. To top that I have had air locks, faulty caliper, and some more problems with them. Need a way to drastically improve these brakes. I don't have ABS as well. Biggest mistake. Wish I had got the Asta.
Everything else has been fine so far.
No workshop in Kolkata shall touch any tool today - Vishwakarma (the God of tools and trades) Puja is on. So I shall take an appointment and get to service center tomorrow.

Regarding service cost - My SA informed that from 4th service onwards it is to cost me around 1600 - 1700. Not sure why it is 2100 in your case. Asny special requests?
The free service cost me 988 (consumables, oil, oil filter, air filter), and the regular service cost as mentioned in the chart is around 700.
Is the service cost more in your city?

I share your thought on the engine and ride quality - but have no complaints with the brakes. ABS saved me a couple of times from ramming into other vehicles / scooters.
Old 18th September 2010, 14:19   #126
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK - not sticking to the 5K kms/6 months regular service schedule might jeopardize the warranty on the vehicle. Get the car serviced ASAP.
Didnt know that!! I called up my SA in advaith hyundai near my place and fixed up a service appointment coming tuesday. I'll be back to Bangalore on Tuesday. Till then, in my native, enjoying dads i20
Old 18th September 2010, 15:50   #127
Senior - BHPian

Airbag problem still not resolved

Took my car to Mukesh Hyundai (VIP Rd) workshop today to get the airbag warning light checked.

Got prompt attendance from the SA and technician, who immediately bought in the G-scan tool and started scanning the error codes.

My initial guess was right (voltage fluctuation part) and 3 error codes came up:

B1102 Battery voltage low
B1329 FIS-Driver communication error
B1334 FIS-Passenger communication error

The technician erased the codes promptly. Asked me whether the battery terminals were disconnected earlier (I had gone for service and they had cleaned the terminals - maybe had not tightened them correctly).
I also stated that it was heavy stop n go traffic with regular cranks.

BUT

The check airbag light did not go away.

The technician then detached the front lights and checked the front impact sensors - they are ok.

Then he took out the central console (the cup holders et al) and tried to reset the airbag control module. No luck there either.

They said that this is the first time that they are seeing this kind of issue in their service center.

3 hours had passed and SA said that they require more time to sort this out. We (me, SA, technician) decided that I shall drive the car for a week, and bring it back on next Friday (thus giving them 2 days to sort out the problem).

The technician said that they shall check the entire wiring next time to ensure nothing is disconnected.

Strange thing is that after repeated use of G scan tool no error code pops up after being erased for the first time, but the check airbag light persists.

I am quite pleased with the service center / SA / Technician though.
Cost of diagnosis and repair attempts: 0 .

What to do - I am clueless !!

Last edited by blackasta : 18th September 2010 at 16:10.
Old 19th September 2010, 18:37   #128
Senior - BHPian

I researched on the internet for a long time and found that there can be the following options for me:

Keep driving for a week and hope that the check airbag light goes off (built into the system to switch off the light after not finding any error after a certain number of cranks??)

If that does not happen - I have to take the car to A.S.S again and let them check it extensively for a couple of days. I got one instance on internet where the SRSCM (Supplementary Restraint System control module) needed replacement.

I also went through the warranty terms as this must be a in warranty replacement.

@ ipai - found this out in the T&C. The warranty SHALL NOT be applicable if:

My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-tt.jpg

Get your car serviced soon buddy!
Old 19th September 2010, 22:33   #129
BHPian

Has anyone opted for 4th or 5th year extended warranty for the i10? What does it cost? What all is covered?
Old 19th September 2010, 23:00   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Has anyone opted for 4th or 5th year extended warranty for the i10? What does it cost? What all is covered?
I got the 3rd year/60000 km extended warranty for free while buying the car. Hyundai offers 4th/80000 km year warranty too. No 5th year warranty AFAIK.

I can provide a list of what is NOT covered . Here you go.
extended warranty page 2.pdf
Old 25th September 2010, 15:43   #131
BHPian

Quote:
@ ipai - found this out in the T&C. The warranty SHALL NOT be applicable if:

Attachment 426306

Get your car serviced soon buddy!
Thanks for the timely advice Blackasta. Got the car serviced.

1) The SA got the urethane pad and applied some magnetic grease to address the steering rattle issue. There is no noise as before but strangely a very small noise similar to previous but much less audible is now coming not from the original location(behind steering, below dashboard on the left side) but from the right side of the steering somewhere near the air con vents(appears to be so). Though i am happy that the original rattle is gone, i am a bit irritated that it is not completely gone but just "decreased" and "shifted" to some other location!!

For me, it looks like Hyundai has some "bug" in its design which it cannot totally correct now. Grease seems to be just an "adjustment" solution.

2) The Strange engine sound problem is solved! The SA got it solved in 10 mins! It was not actually the engine noise but that of the Fan near the grill. Actually a few days back i had driven fast over sludge/slush on the service road near intel(my daily office route). The whole slush had sprayed across the left side fender, headlamp, windscreen etc of my car. It looked as though i had went off roading . That time, the slush must have got sprayed on the fan through the Grill i think! Over the period of time it hardened and whenever i put on the AC, the fan used to cause this noise and vibration. The SA took the car to the wash section in the service centre and got it cleaned through high speed water jets. Now its clean and no more harshness! car back to normal. Really relieved.

Strangely this was not rectified during the service and i had to go back again! But then happy that the SA solved it in no time. Probably during service, he didn't test the car with AC ON.

Overall i am Happy.

By the way fourth service cost me Rs. 3810!!

Actually i should have got the service done in may(15000km or 18 months whichever is earlier, it was 18 months in May), since i got it done in September at 15000, i guess this amount is OK. Next service will be at 25k as per the SA, so i guess it would be after an year!

I felt that Rs 3810 was on the higher side. I asked my colleague who got his two year old swift serviced in nearby Pratham motors, on the same road as advaith. His was also similar to my case. Two years and only about 15k kms. His service cost Rs 5000!!

So i don't think there is too much difference between maintenance costs of Maruti and Hyundai. I think if the car is cheaper, maintenance is also cheaper. And Maruti, since it has many affordable cars in the lineup, gives a feeling that maintaining a Maruti is cheaper. This is just my opinion.

So i feel cheaper the car, cheaper the maintenance. Wonder how much Skoda, BMW and merc owners have to shell out for a paid maintenance!! This was my first PAID service, and this was the time i realised why so much importance is given to the maintenance cost of the vehicle than the actual cost of the vehicle. Because it is we owners who feel the pinch.
Old 25th September 2010, 16:20   #132
Senior - BHPian

Check airbag light on - culprit identified!

@ ipai - nice to know that your issues are resolved.

I left my car at Mukesh Hyundai workshop on Friday morning, and went back there today after noon to find out what they have managed to do.
The technician has traced the bug down to a faulty SRSCM - code B1620: SRSCM Internal Failure, which was throwing other random error codes at its will and kept the 'check airbag' light glowing. He said that he has checked with the 'faulty' SRSCM in another car - same symptoms as mine, and that car's SRSCM has been tested on my car - no lights, no codes.
They have ordered the SRSCM (appx cost 20000 - 25000) and shall do the replacement whenever they receive the part. Nothing charged to me till now, and the replacement shall be done under warranty.
Half my worries are over - now whenever they call me in and replace it I shall be totally relieved.
The technician was both knowledgeable and helpful, with the SA being nice.

P.S: Got some pictures of the new gen i10 magna. Shall be posting them in the appropriate thread.

Last edited by blackasta : 25th September 2010 at 16:22.
Old 25th September 2010, 16:38   #133
BHPian

That must be a relief for you Blackasta. Lets hope that the issue is completely fixed soon! All the best.

It is always good to have SA/technicians who have proper knowledge about what they are doing and who are honest. At least we will be happy that the car is in good hands.

By the way, car seems to be performing better with shell fuel. Will update further details on svaid's thread. Am seeing an improvement in mileage. However it is just at half tank. Will know after a few days when i do that next tankful. Given the current petrol rates,i guess i will only go for shell from now on.
Old 25th September 2010, 22:11   #134
BHPian

Oh no! Not Again.

Within 3 hours of telling that the steering rattle is kind of reduced, i found it again. And it was as audible as before and from the same old location

It was as though i had begged it to come back when i made this statement:
"Though i am happy that the original rattle is gone, i am a bit irritated that it is not completely gone but just "decreased" and "shifted" to some other location!!"

So from now on, again it is:
Khoob Jamega Rang jab mil drive karenge teen yaar: i10, Main aur i10 ka steering rattle
Old 25th September 2010, 22:19   #135
Senior - BHPian

I do not know whether the rattle is my steering is not so pronounced - or that I have simply learnt to live with it!
ipai - does it rattle on smooth roads with normal small patches of rough road etc?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks