Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 22:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!

Finally - its in people ! My Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S.

Flashback to July - and I had booked the top end i10 model on 29th July - without even seeing the car in front of me!! (My only info about it was teamBHP).
It was already decided that I would be buying an A/T car, as learning to drive in US and driving there for almost 2 years didn't leave me much an option - I had to chose A/T if I had to drive and feel no tension about it. Tried driving dad's M800 and uncles WagonR - felt so so on highways and confused and irritated in city.
Now the only choice in hatchback segment for me was i10 A/T, as it had to be a hatch and fit inside my budget. Waited for i20 A/T to come out, but it was beyond my set budget - 6 Lakhs, so I gave it a miss.
Called up Mukesh Hyundai and Spring Hyundai in Kolkata - but to no avail. None of them had A/T cars to T/D in Kolkata. So went ahead and booked the top end i10 Asta in A/T for 10000 as booking amount.
Then started my long wait - for more than a month!!
Finally, on 25t August I was informed by the salesman that my car was in -went to the yard on 26th and did a PRI , & was satisfied.
Finally got the car delivered today ! yippee !!

next post - post delivery jerk ! & upgrades / accessories.
Old 2nd September 2009, 22:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats blackasta,

Nice car to drive in city.Even Manual too.
Being an AT, it's breeze to drive around.
With Asta,you get all safety features.
Only concern is FE.
Do post your delivery experience and Initial Report.
Enjoy and Drive Safe.
Old 2nd September 2009, 22:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well the delivery was smooth, and got the PDI done by the teamBHP standards. Was satisfied after that, and drove off with my dad beside me. Then started the drama !

After I drove for 7-8 kms, the car just lost power on gas - slowed down, and stopped !!
The EPS and engine oil pressure failure lamp was glowing!

Shocked and on the verge of mental collapse - called up my salesperson and informed him of the situation, and 15 minutes later he himself arrived, along with a technician and a mechanic ! Quickly he apologized to me, put in couple of litres of petrol, and bingo - the car started! He profusely apologized to me for not checking the fuel level and advised us to fill up at the next station (now we were on the way to do that right !).
So started rolling again, and filled up 1000 worth of xtrapremium from Indian Oil COCO pump at Rajarhat. Then off to Indo Radial Club to accessorize - or should I say necesserize ?

Minku Agarwal was not in the Tangra shop, but his dad was in, and greeted us. Selected 10 spoke 14" plati alloys, and Yokohama AVS ES 100 185/60 R14 tires to go with the alloys. Also chose PU fitting seat covers in beige and brown, door sil guards, perfume and floor mats.

Spent the next 2+ hours at Indo Radial Club, got the stuff fitted on, and drove straight back to home - only to have a TATA 407 nick my brand new car in the left ORVM in jessore road, 2 km from my home ! Its a small 1 cm nick, and I guess I can live with it.

So without much further ado, here goes the pics in the next post.

Last edited by blackasta : 2nd September 2009 at 22:23.
Old 2nd September 2009, 22:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

These are just rush shots taken in dark by my point and shoot cam - so please bear with the quality - better pics shall be taken over the weekend.

My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc02345.jpg
My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc02346.jpg
My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc02348.jpg
My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc02349.jpg
My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc02358.jpg
My Dark Knight - Hyundai i10 Kappa Asta A/T W/S EDIT: Sold!-dsc02359.jpg
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2009, 22:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car.

Great looking tyres and rims..
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Just drove the machine to office (about 20 km from my home). The car is handling like a dream after the tyre upgrade. Tried a few sudden lane changes on the highway, nothing unsettles the car. Next to nil tyre noise with the AVSs.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:43   #7
BHPian

Congrats on your new black beauty, some day time pictures of the car will do some justice to it , I believe this one is with the sunroof right? how is the experience with the car? please do share your experience.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car..! The car do really look so beautiful, the alloys and tyres are just awesome..Happy motoring
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

@ balajird

ya I plan to get some day time pics this weekend (curse these weekdays!).
This one does come with the sunroof. Although I was not too eager to get a sunroof, the Airbag + ABs version (Asta) is available only with sunroof. So went for it.

I drove around 25 km on the stock 155/80R13 Bridgestones, and they were not so bad as people tend to suggest. Only on the highway their limitations come out, and high speed turns + quick lane changes are not too confidence inspiring.

The 185/60R14 Yokohamas are a different story altogether - the NVH levels go down drastically, handling improves by quite a margin, and high speed lane changes + turns are dealt with ease.

Cost of 4 Yoko AVS ES 100 + 4 Plati Alloys (including buyback of steel rims + bridgestones) - 28000

Autoform PU seat covers + 4 piece floor mats + 4 piece door sil guards + Perfume - 7500

Total tires+rims+accessories - 35500
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Another addition the to the number of i10 ATs on the forum. Looks like the ease off AT driving has taken everyone by storm. The car looks great in that black colour and nice choice of multi spoke alloys too.

Premium fuel is really not recommended for our Indian cars really, you can use regular petrol itself. Do post your feedback on the FE of your car as it would be nice to compare that with other i10 ATs on the forum.

Congratulations and drive safe.

P.S: Are you facing any issue of the tyres touching the tyre well after the upgrade to 185s?

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd September 2009 at 11:39.
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:37   #11
BHPian

Excellent Choice! Welcome to the evergrowing family of i10 AT's. As mentioned rightly by dippy, the ease of driving AT's has indeed taken everyone by storm, including me. I bought my i10 AT 4 months back and have not regretted my decision one bit. Enjoy your ride, ride safe and looking forward to your feedback/experiences on owing the cheapest VFM AT available in India.

Cheers!
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:04   #12
BHPian

congrats on your purchase!

I too am looking at i10 AT for my wife. However conflicting reports on FE has put me off. Please do post your FE figures for both with and without AC.

And a great set of alloys you have got for the black beauty..!!
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

thanks klub class,dippy & anilkalvani

@dippy - tires DO NOT touch the wheelwell, even when fully turned. I picked info from tejas's / Nevgin's thread on that, and went in for the tires.

The manual says to put in 91 RON / 87 AKI fuel....little confused by that. What do you guys suggest?
Old 3rd September 2009, 12:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

its raining i10 ATs here. Congrats thats a nice car.
That alloys look very good, how much did you pay for them ? As others have mentioned please let us know the FE, as thats the most curious stuff for i10 AT that we are looking for.
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
its raining i10 ATs here. Congrats thats a nice car.
That alloys look very good, how much did you pay for them ? As others have mentioned please let us know the FE, as thats the most curious stuff for i10 AT that we are looking for.
Thanks tanwaramit

paid around 17500 for a set of 4 alloys.

I filled up 3 litres from the dealer + 19.5 litres at the pump =22.5 litres.
Milege then (at the dealers) was 39. Its now 105. The fuel indicator is just between half & next (bottom) unit marker. lets see how things work out!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks