Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2009, 17:31   #1
BHPian

Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC

Hi friends,
Firsty i will introduced myself i am a student and a car lover..I like modified cars and like to do small DIYs on my car.
So now I come to the real story.The story begun in november 2008 when i wanted to sell my m800 and upgrade to a zen. So i started hunting for a zen in used car market but no success . All good condition zens in the market were overpriced. After searching for a zen i came across Honda city 1.5exi s 1999 model but i was bit scared about expenses on a Honda car.As i am a student and could not bear expensive services and spare parts .So i thought better to stay away from it.But one of my friends forced me to take a look at the car .So we went to take a look of the car .We were impressed by the looks .The car looked nice exterior was good interior was perfect, alloy wheel and new tyres.The car didnt show any signs of accidently repair but there were minor touch ups.There was full service record .
So now we were impressed by the looks and now we wanted to TD.The owner was a nice person and he agreed to it.I sat in the car and start it .I was amazed the car started in first crank. I made my mind that i will buy it.Took the car on road the engine was smooth and silent like a brand new car . There were no signs of age . Drove the car on bad roads ,there were no problem with suspensions . Everything seemed fine so i called mechanic to ask about the availability of parts and got a green signal . So atlast the deal was finalised.Paid the money next day and got the car and all paper work done.
Now i was a owner of a HONDA badge which is the worlds number one engine manufacturer so i was more confident on its abilities .It never let my confidence down and proved that H badge doesnot only stand for honda but also stand for Honesty in Quality.The engine is butter smooth till now.
From the day of ownership i have driven it around 15000km and it never gave me any problem. I have driven in hills and most of my drive is rural .It never gave me a feeling that i had made mistake buying it.It is a best performer in its segment whether in city or on highway. It is not heavy on my pocket.i havent spent single penny on it other than petrol and other consumables .It has been as cheap as the m800.For me its like bigger m800.so i love owning it. I am happy with it and when i will upgrade now i will upgrade with a Honda.Here are some likes/dislikes of the car
cheap spare parts
solid engine
power and performance
lots more

dislikes
soft suspension car floats at highspeeds on highway

Now Finally the pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC-image030.jpg  

Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC-image035.jpg  

Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC-image149.jpg  

Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC-image148.jpg  

Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC-image036.jpg  

Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC-image010.jpg  

Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC-image042.jpg  

Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC-image039.jpg  

Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC-image040.jpg  

Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC-image041.jpg  

Old 7th September 2009, 00:22   #2
BHPian

Nice write up there. The OHC is indeed just a bigger M800 when it comes to maintaining it.

Glad to know you're so happy with it. I have been a proud owner since and of a 1998 OHC 1.5Exi.

Just a few suggestions from my side:
  • Remove the batman sticker
  • Remove the fuel lid sticker
  • Remove the black sticker / paint under the front grill
  • Remove the "..driving fast, flying low.." sticker
  • Try to change the badging to Chrome, I personally do not like the Golden
  • Remove Ferrari sticker
  • Remove Jatt Boyz sticker from front windscreen (dude what were you thinking )
  • Remove those ugly front bumper protectors
Old 7th September 2009, 02:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Nice write up there. The OHC is indeed just a bigger M800 when it comes to maintaining it.

Glad to know you're so happy with it. I have been a proud owner since and of a 1998 OHC 1.5Exi.

Just a few suggestions from my side:
  • Remove the batman sticker
  • Remove the fuel lid sticker
  • Remove the black sticker / paint under the front grill
  • Remove the "..driving fast, flying low.." sticker
  • Try to change the badging to Chrome, I personally do not like the Golden
  • Remove Ferrari sticker
  • Remove Jatt Boyz sticker from front windscreen (dude what were you thinking )
  • Remove those ugly front bumper protectors
^ hahaha, almost what I expressed in a post in a stickers thread.

imo, it'll look decent without any of those stickers. like ankit has suggested.
Old 7th September 2009, 07:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

+ 1 to that , Specially the batman and the sticker on the fuel lid are not manking any sense at all.

@Ankit - It's very much possible that these stickers were pasted by the previous owner and our friend here did not bother to remove it after he bought it.

Honda - How much did you pay for the car? Was it insured? Did you check with the owner if her raised the car at the back? I think after you implement Ankits suggestion your car would look much much better. Go for it.
Old 7th September 2009, 08:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice car boss. Like everyone said get the car sticker free including the Windshield 'HONDA'. The golden badging will looks good and personally I like them but they are spoilt by the chrome wheels. So try to get golden wheels, that would be best and expensive, or do something to the badging.
Old 7th September 2009, 08:34   #6
BHPian

driving fast and flying low sticker has been removed earlier.
i will also remove the other stickers asap.
bumper guards are put as the bumper was scratched so they have to stay until a touch up job is done on bumpers.
thanks for advise . i paid 1.5lac.The suspension is not raised at all.
Old 7th September 2009, 09:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Also I noticed the wheels look big for the car. In Pic 4. What size are you running ?
Old 7th September 2009, 09:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Also I noticed the wheels look big for the car. In Pic 4. What size are you running ?
Its 195/55/R15.

Nice car there honda3938. Happy driving
Old 7th September 2009, 09:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations honda3939 and welcome to the OHC club. The OHC still holds its own against many new C segment sedans. Service her regulary and she will serve you for countless kilometeres. I saw your speedo picture and noticed it has done over a lakh kms. Have you got the 1 lakh km service done?

Drive safe.
Old 7th September 2009, 11:50   #10
BHPian

Thanx for your comments friends. the tyres are 195/55 r15.

@dippy Yes, i have done 1lac km service according to the manaul. it included:-

engine oil change , timing belt change , injector cleaning etc.I service it regularly at 5000 km.

I want me alloys golden like in image attached will it look cool. what would be the cost and will the paint last long.
Attached Thumbnails
Living with Honda Badge for 15000km.The ownership experience of a OHC-copper.jpg  

Attached Images
File Type: bmp copper.bmp (446.3 KB, 485 views)
Old 7th September 2009, 20:14   #11
BHPian

Best to buy new alloys in that finish rather than paint the existing ones. This picture is off from Ford Rocam's (Jitu) thread isn't it?

Any plans to get tints? The car starts looking cleaner, trust me

I can also suggest you to get the center wooden trim, side A/C vents painted aluminium silver finish (Vtec style). Looks really nice!

Use some tyre shine and polish too. Haha sorry for all the odd suggestions.
Old 7th September 2009, 20:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Is this number plate legit??
Old 7th September 2009, 21:00   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Is this number plate legit??
Those plates are purposely edited on screen to mask the number.
Old 7th September 2009, 21:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Those plates are purposely edited on screen to mask the number.
I think the number is still visible in one of the photo

PB 10 AH 3938 (am I correct ?)

if true, i seek your pardon for posting this.
Old 8th September 2009, 18:16   #15
BHPian

yeah the number is correct.

@ankitahuja i like your suggestions . i have removed all the stickers except those bumper guards as they will be removed after touch up job.
As for the tints the car is tinted with the legal film.
And Tyre shine and polish wont last for an hour as mostly my drive is rural so they are mostly covered with mud. please give more suggestions

Most Viewed