Team-BHP - Mahindra Scorpio SLE 2009 - 1 Lakh kms update - Now Sold
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Mahindra Scorpio SLE 2009 - 1 Lakh kms update - Now Sold (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/66788-mahindra-scorpio-sle-2009-1-lakh-kms-update-now-sold.html)

Took delivery of my white scorpio SLE on the 30th of Sep. Made a booking only on the 25th or so, and the dealer kept his promise of delivery on due date. Had been planning on a new car for about an year or so. The things that i was looking for were reliability, good drivability and space (for my dog and the fact that we have to keep shifting houses ever so often). Criteria listed by wifey were pretty straight forward - good looks and appeal. Toyed around with a couple of options. Better half had a soft corner for safari 'cos she had seen a few on road and loved the looks. I personally wasnt too inclined towards it and managed to convince her as well. Drove a few sedans . But none really could strike the right cord. So a few test drives, and Scorpio was the unambigous choice. Loved the way engine responded to every tap on the accelerator. And since our driving was mainly going to be in cities, with occasional long drives thrown in, there really wasnt a better choice.

Mahindras narrowed down our choice of colours to just white with painted claddings on offer on other colours. No regrets since white does look nice on this new scorpio. Wife loved it and that was that.

For certain reasons, took delivery from Punjab auto - Ahemdabad. Sales guy did get our work done in half a day or so, but the dealership was woefully undermanned and poor fella was handling 3-4 deliveries at the same time. Blame it on the rush due to festive season, but guys were not taking enough care to keep their customers engaged and happy. Overall experience at the dealership - average.

The car was handed over to me in spick n span condition, as it should be. No issues. And no freebees either. Not even foot mats which i think are the least that could have been provided. Anyways, as long as the car was in good shape, didnt bother too much about it.

Have driven the car for about 700 odd kms since, including a 560 km ahemdabad mumbai drive. Loved every moment of it. Its really a breeze to drive even in mad city traffic despite its sheer bulk. Power is available from the word go. Find the lack of turbo lag, responsive steering and small turning radius a boon for city commute.

Handled well on highways as well. Didnt exceed 90-100 kph. M Hawk engine is a drivers delight and the 120 BHPs available are more than adequate for effortless mile munching. Loved the long drive, and cant really wait to get going on another one soon. Need to get my vacations and plans in order quickly.

Had read a few reviews and thus had some apprehensions. From what i had read, gear box was supposed to be a bit notchy, but i couldnt find too many faults with it. It may not be the best but it does its job well.
Suspension and middle row comfort was supposed to be another grey area. I'm not sure about the earlier scorpios, but on this one, you get a pretty decent ride even in the middle row. And you need to consider how high those seats are. Cant match sedans for sure but i personally would be quite comfortable on most long drives.

Big car, so no dearth of storage spaces. Glove box though doesnt shut as tightly as it should. Excellent aircon. Quality of seat fabric is good, and the beige interiors lend an airy feel to the cabin. Good visibilty on all sides thanks to the large glasses.

And no review will be complete without fuel efficiency figures. So here goes. On the highways, i got 14.8 (tank top to tank top). And in city, its been returning figures of close to 12.2 or so. Pretty happy, and more so since i have graduated from a petrol car.

Mahindras have delivered tremendous value for my dough, and I am absolutely satisfied, content and happy with my purchase so far. Lets hope its the begining of good things to come.
Attaching a few pics.
Cheers.

Congrats on the buy and good to know that you had it delivered within a week.

I see you have got mahindra alloys. Where from and at what rate?

Got these from a dealer in vadodara. Was just looking for some good designs and saw these unused alloys. Mahindra dealerships quote 32000 for these. Struck a good bargain and managed to get them for 15000.

Congrats friend on your purchase. If possible put a few pics of the interior as well. Happy riding

Your beast looks fantastic! Congratulations, and wish you a million miles of safe and happy driving! :thumbs up

Cheers,
Vikram

Thanx guys. And Anoop, will try to upload the interior pics tomorrow if possible.

Congrats on your new purchase. :thumbs upIt looks awesome in white, does your middle row move forward and backward if required??
Also, is there any difference in the back rest angle of your seat compared to the CRDe Scorp if you have noticed?

I have taken the 7 seater model (2+3+2). This one doesnt have the sliding middle row seats. However that option is available in 8 seater SLE models. Opted for seven seater as there was hardly any leg space for the last row in 8 seaters. And no, i havent been in any of the older CRDE Scorps, so cant really compare the seats and back rest angles. But you can take my word on this, the seats , front row as well as middle row, are very comfortable. Like i have mentioned, mahindras have improved the suspension set up. Had it not been for the sheer driving pleasure, i wouldn't mind being seated in the middle row at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvldvr (Post 1516209)
But you can take my word on this, the seats , front row as well as middle row, are very comfortable. Like i have mentioned, mahindras have improved the suspension set up. Had it not been for the sheer driving pleasure, i wouldn't mind being seated in the middle row at all.

Thank you so much.:) That made me feel so much better. I have almost finalised on the Scorp but this seating thing was making me a bit nervous. How about a few interior pics please...

Here are a few pics of the interiors.

Congrats on your new purchase.the scorpio looks awesome in white, enjoy the drive.

Thanx Vivek. And yes, it really does look good in white.

:)great to see this! so you got delivery on 30th as planned?
i think your choice of 7 seater is an excellent one - this gives you plenty of luggage space with the extreme rear jump seats folded up.
glad to hear that the middle row is comfy and very happy to see the pics too!
all the best and welcome to Scorpio Country!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvldvr (Post 1516209)
I have taken the 7 seater model (2+3+2). This one doesnt have the sliding middle row seats. However that option is available in 8 seater SLE models. Opted for seven seater as there was hardly any leg space for the last row in 8 seaters. And no, i havent been in any of the older CRDE Scorps, so cant really compare the seats and back rest angles. But you can take my word on this, the seats , front row as well as middle row, are very comfortable. Like i have mentioned, mahindras have improved the suspension set up. Had it not been for the sheer driving pleasure, i wouldn't mind being seated in the middle row at all.

congrats... looks great in white... Although I noticed in the pics as well as on some newer scorpio's on road that there is a noticeable gap between the front headlight and bumper mounts. Maybe some after market part could cover it up?

nvldvr, congratulations on your scorpio, great car and supreb Mhawk engine to ride on.White always looks good.Nice FE as well.Any particular reason for purchasing your car from Ahmedabad and not from mumbai?
And you got it from Punjab Auto at S G Highway dealer.also to say a good deal you got for your alloys, they are similar to the ones given on VLX ones.Keep updating and enjoy your ride.
A suggestion, dont keep your air freshner above your head unit.