Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2010, 14:21   #181
BHPian

I was dwelling with the noise for past four months with one attempt to rectify at Concorde (for two days) failed .

I should applaud concorde motors (Diary Circle) for following up the defect in the body noise and called for the vehicle for repairs. Mr Balaji (Service head from Chennai) inpected my vehicle along with Mr Srinivas of Concorde. He immediately told me to leave the vehicle behind for rectification. Amazing work done by these guys. Absouletly noiseless now. Some action is being taken to rectify the Scratch in the windsheild glass too. Great work by FIAT service team. Keep it going.
Old 16th September 2010, 19:55   #182
J.Ravi

It is really nice to learn about the satisfactory service conditions at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore.

When I shampoo-washed my Fiat Linea after the trip, I noticed deposit of black rubber matter at some places on the windshield, which was very difficult to clean. I used shampoo-wash, glass cleaner and some drops of Waxpol to remove the debris from the windshield. Now, I will be watching the performance of wipers, and take up the matter, if the problem persists.

Old 17th September 2010, 17:58   #183
BHPian

Ravi, You may try with some kerosene. Possibly, it could be the Tar from the road.
Old 18th September 2010, 22:16   #184
BHPian

Hi Ravi, check this thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-coal-tar.html
Old 19th September 2010, 09:31   #185
J.Ravi

Thanks, Col KRK and Kapil.

On close inspection before cleaning it, I found it to be the wiper's residual matter, it was not asphalt drop. Perhaps, due to wobbling and jerky movement, some rubber matter might have been settled on the windshield. When my Linea goes for her second free service in another couple of weeks, this issue will be highlighted to the SA.

Old 20th September 2010, 14:08   #186
J.Ravi

My Fiat Linea's ORVM damaged by an idiot

Yesterday, an inebriated idiot riding a scooter banged my Fiat Linea's left ORVM when I was waiting for signal at the Ring Road - Tumkur Road junction. The ORVM got back-folded with a minor scratch. After reaching home, I observed that the plastic part below the mirror was broken by that moron.
Damaged ORVM:
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-orvm-001.jpg
Minor scratch on the mirror:
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-orvm-003.jpg

Today, I visited Concorde Motors, Mysore Road and got the plastic part replaced at a cost of mere Rs 20!
After replacement of plastic part:
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-orvm-002.jpg
I was poorer by mere Rs 20!
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-orvm-004.jpg

As regards to the wiper problem, the SA assured me that my Fiat Linea's wipers would be replaced FOC under warranty during the second free service sometime next month. He also informed me that I could bring my Fiat Linea for the second free service plus or minus 15 days of completion of one year from the date of purchase.

Old 20th September 2010, 18:24   #187
Senior - BHPian

Oh! Mirror stalk Looks bad. These type of people put themselves and others at risk besides causing damage to property of others. But good to know that it did not require changing the whole stalk.
That is the good thing about Fiat spares. They have provided almost every part of the ORVM assembly.
Old 20th September 2010, 21:08   #188
BHPian

I had my mirror shattered in similar accident. Cost me Rs 194. We love cheap plastics
Old 8th October 2010, 08:07   #189
J.Ravi

Today, cara mia Fiat Linea celebrates her first birthday. I wish her many more happy returns of the day.

She has done 8521 km in the last year. But, she has got a very busy schedule the next month to cover more than 5000+ km in MH, GJ, RJ, UP & DL. My Fiat Linea has been trouble-free without any niggles. I enjoyed driving my Linea and hope to do so in future too.
Attached Thumbnails
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-1year.jpg  

Old 8th October 2010, 08:08   #190
BANNED

Happy Birthday Cara Mia Linea. All the best for the long trip!
Old 8th October 2010, 08:13   #191
Senior - BHPian

That's great. Happy Birthday to your Fox Trot Linea. Wishing you manu more years of happy ownership.
Old 8th October 2010, 08:37   #192
J.Ravi

Thanks a lot, EARTHed & PaddleShifter, for kind wishes.

Old 8th October 2010, 20:23   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
We love cheap plastics
That's a classic one sir.
Old 8th October 2010, 21:08   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today, cara mia Fiat Linea celebrates her first birthday.
Sir, Happy Birthday to your Fiat Linea.

I'm eagerly waiting for the birthday pictures.

Drive safe. Happy Motoring.Please do keep us updated with your trips.

Amith
Old 8th October 2010, 21:21   #195
J.Ravi

Thanks, Klub_Class for kind greetings. Sorry, no birthday photographs as I did not take my Fiat Linea out today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks