Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 08:19   #196
BHPian

Best wishes to your Linea on the first B'day Ravi. Wish she stays in b'day suit (showroom condition) for long! Happy mile crunching.
Old 9th October 2010, 08:52   #197
J.Ravi

Thanks a lot, Kapil, for kind greetings. As regards to staying in b'day suit, so far so good. I do hope, she stays that way in the future too.

Old 9th October 2010, 10:41   #198
BHPian

Ravi,Congrats on the first anniversary . Happy Linea-ing.

On 06 Nov, my Linea would complete one year. Giving my car for second servicing next week. How is your car doing after second servicing?

Nuts&Bolts: Any tips for the second servicing???
Old 9th October 2010, 12:42   #199
J.Ravi

Thanks, Col KRK, for kind wishes. My Fiat Linea will go for the second free service sometime the next week.

Advance wishes for your Fiat Linea's first birthday.

Old 17th October 2010, 08:57   #200
J.Ravi

Cara Mia Fiat Linea Celebrated Her First Ayudha Puja

Cara Mia Fiat Linea celebrated her first Ayudha Puja yesterday. See my ever-worshipped, immaculately clean and garlanded Fiat Linea here.
Attached Thumbnails
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-013.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2010, 10:12   #201
J.Ravi

2nd Free Servicing of Cara Mia Fiat Linea

Yesterday [21 Nov 2010], cara mia Fiat Linea had her second free servicing done at Concorde Motors [India] Limited, Mysore Road, Bangalore. The first free servicing was done at Concorde, Dairy Circle, Bangalore, the same place where I took delivery of my Linea.
  • I was greeted by the security-man when I drove into Concorde at 9:40 am. He asked me as to whether I had booked earlier for servicing to which I replied in affirmative. He gave me a priority service slip containing my car details. He guided me to a parking slot. After parking my car at the designated place, I was waiting in anticipation of some SA would come there with a job-card. But, the security-man advised me that I report to the service desk with the priotiy slip, which I followed.
  • The SA told me about what were all covered under the second free service, which I had known earlier. He informed me that while front wheel alignment would be done FOC, wheel balancing would be chargeable. I requested him to do the wheel balancing of all four wheels as it was not done earlier. He gave me an estimate of Rs 4500 and said that my Linea would be ready by 5:30 pm. I informed him that I would be waiting there at the customers' lounge till the delivery of my Linea.
  • I personally inspected the engine guard plate and relieved to note that there was not even a dent on that, notwithstanding frequent bottom-scraping my Linea was subjected to, thanks to big, gigantic unscientific humps and bumps.
  • When I mentioned about the pouring of wrong oil into Fiat Linea in Concorde elsewhere as reported in Team-BHP, the SA informed me that they were exclusively working for Fiat cars and the mechanics were trained at Fiat Ranajangaon plant. They knew about the specified oil to be used in petrol and diesel engines of Fiat cars. He assured me that such a mix-up won't happen at least in Mysore Road branch of Concorde. He took me around a row of service bays numbering about 7 or so exclusively reserved for Fiat cars. I found two Lineas [including mine] and four Palios being serviced yesterday. Surprisingly, I didn't find any Puntos on any service bays.
  • I was a standing witness when the engine oil was drained, a 4-litre can of Selenia K was opened and its content poured until the oil level reached the maximum mark on the dip-stick. It consumed about 3.5 litres as against 3.3 litres specified in the Fiat Linea owner's handbook. The SA informed me that now they were getting the engine oil in bulk in barrels as well as in 4 and 1-litre cans. They bill the customers as per actual quantity consumed. I insisted on a new 4-litre can.
  • Essential spares like oil/fuel/air/pollen filters were replaced in my presence. Both the windscreen wiper blades were replaced FOC under warranty as I had complained against jerky movement on continuous usage.
  • I personally requesed the SA about cancellation of service reminder of second free service that my Linea's MID would show at 14 k km as my Linea covered hardly 8580 km now. He clarified that my Linea's ECU was connected to what he called Fiat Examiner and the service reminder for the second free service was deleted. My Linea's MID would now show the service reminder for the third free service only, he assured.
  • All the works under the second free service, except washing and cleaning, were completed in the pre-lunch session by about 1 pm. My Linea was taken for washing and cleaning at 2:30 pm in the post-lunch session and came out by 6:15 pm as against 5:30 pm assured. The SA was really sorry about the delay caused due to big queue for washing and cleaning.
  • Some homely feeling: compared to Concorde, Dairy Circle, this place was less-crowded. But, I found the uniformed cab drivers occupying the unoccupied sofas, sleeping and snoring in the air-conditioned customers' lounge. When I visited the showroom, a receptionist's kid was playing around Fiat/Tata vehicles! I was getting regular supply of hot coffee/tea. The toilets were clean and tidy.
  • I paid Rs 3923 as against the estimate of Rs 4500. One thing I found strange: both the wiper blades [replaced FOC under warranty] cost the same although one is longer than the other. I had thought the longer one would cost more than the shorter one!
  • Overall, I am satisifed with the service rendered by Concorde, Mysore Road, Bangalore. I gave a rating of 9 out 10 in the response form, deducting 1 point towards delay due to washing and cleaning. I found cara mia Fiat Linea clean and tidy and ACC cooler and more efficient than before.
Attached Thumbnails
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-2nd-free-service-bill-001.jpg  

Old 22nd October 2010, 10:42   #202
Senior - BHPian

Good to see another satisfied customer of Concorde Mysore Road. Even I had a pleasant service experience with them.

Just one question, now that they are getting the Selina oil in barrels does that mean they are no longer selling the oil in cans? Asking because I need to replace my engine oil sometime in the next 2K kms.
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:00   #203
J.Ravi

praful,

Both the options are available. I insisted on 4-litre can. However, I was billed for the actual consumption of 3.5 litres only.

Old 22nd October 2010, 12:25   #204
Senior - BHPian

@J Ravi Sir- Good to know about your experience. It gives us more confidence in TATA-FIAT A.S.S.
Enjoy your refreshed Italian beauty.
Should one trust the barrels BTW? Or is it better to stick with sealed cans?

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 22nd October 2010 at 12:27.
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:57   #205
BHPian

Ravi, your inputs will come handy for my car, which is due for servicing on 29th Oct 10. I am giving it a week earlier (Actually due on 06 Nov) considering the Diwali holidays. Dairy Circle service is really crowed and congested. Hardly any place to park the car for intial inspection. I don't have a choice as some work has been doneby them on the rattling noise at the right rear side, which has not subsided . They will attempt to repair during this service. Hope they succeed. Otherwise, a trip to Ranjangoan has to be planned....

Have they done any update on the Blue and Me. It is still not compatabile to all new generation mobile phones (with current verison of bluetooth), especially for sms. FIAT.... are you hearing???...pls do something.

Pls update on the post service driving experience and mileage.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:09   #206
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Should one trust the barrels BTW? Or is it better to stick with sealed cans?
Thanks, PaddleShifter. The price being the same, sealed can could be preferred since it rules out the possibility of adulteration. Here are the photographs I clicked using my Nokia mobile:
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-image0014.jpg
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-image0015.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col KRK View Post
Pls update on the post service driving experience and mileage.
Thanks, Col KRK. Sure, I shall update later.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 22nd October 2010 at 14:18.

Old 25th October 2010, 18:59   #207
J.Ravi

Fiat India and Concorde Motors respond

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Ravi
Yesterday [21 Nov 2010], cara mia Fiat Linea had her second free servicing done at Concorde Motors [India] Limited, Mysore Road, Bangalore.
The very next day, a lady from Concorde Motors called me and sought my feed-back on my Linea's service. I mentioned the details of my post here. She said she would follow it up.

Yesterday [24 Oct 2010], a gentleman from Fiat India called and sought my response and ratings to his detailed questionnaire. His first question was: Did the security-guard wish you upon your entering the service station? My response was:
Quote:
I was greeted by the security-man when I drove into Concorde at 9:40 am.
His next question was: Were you attended immediately by the SA? My response was:
Quote:
After parking my car at the designated place, I was waiting in anticipation of some SA would come there with a job-card. But, the security-man advised me that I report to the service desk with the priotiy slip, which I followed.
That gentleman immediately said, "No. This is not the way. I will take it up with the service station." One of his questions was about timely delivery of the car at the promised time and washing, to which my response was:
Quote:
All the works under the second free service, except washing and cleaning, were completed in the pre-lunch session by about 1 pm. My Linea was taken for washing and cleaning at 2:30 pm in the post-lunch session and came out by 6:15 pm as against 5:30 pm assured. The SA was really sorry about the delay caused due to big queue for washing and cleaning.
He was sorry about this and assured me that he would take up this issue too. At the end, when he asked for my overall rating and response, I mentioned this:
Quote:
I found the uniformed cab drivers occupying the unoccupied sofas, sleeping and snoring.
Surprisingly, the same lady from Concorde Motors called me this afternoon and repeated my response and ratings and then asked me whether I really gave them to the gentleman from Fiat India. When I replied in the affirmative, she apologised for these lapses and assured that they would take action to correct them!

I am happy to note that Fiat India really struggles to make both the ends meet when it comes to after sales service for Fiat cars.

Old 26th October 2010, 00:42   #208
BHPian

Ravi sir,
regarding the wiper issue, this could be the spring which is causing the tension during slow/intermittent wiping. I remember reading somewhere (not able to recollect the source) that applying the spring with a spray of anti-rust might solve this problem. I've not tried it on my ride though. Also, if u're trying this it would be better to take it off the car before spraying (wouldn't want to damage the paint).
Amazing thread you've got here over the past one year. Really feels good to know of the effort u're putting on your car.

Regs,
Avi

Last edited by AvinashKeezh : 26th October 2010 at 00:46. Reason: typo
Old 26th October 2010, 08:29   #209
J.Ravi

Thanks, AvinashKeezh, for kind advice and compliments. I shall do that too and see how the wipers work in the next drive during rains.

Old 26th October 2010, 15:49   #210
J.Ravi

Cara Mia Fiat Linea Gets Belated Birthday Gift!

Right from the day-one, I was not satisfied with the free Fiat Linea-branded accessory floor mats given by Concorde Motors [India] Limited at the time of delivery of cara mia Fiat Linea. My foot-wear used to get stuck with the opening of the central patch of the driver side floor mat. Secondly, the floor mat used to move freely along with my foot whenever I move it, resulting in the mat occupying even the dead-pedal. I was not at all comfortable with this Linea-branded free accessory floor mats.
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-001.jpg Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-002.jpg
I was looking for good custom-built moulded floor mats. Recently, my friend bought Toyota Altis and decorated it with Kagu 3D mats from Hot Tracks, whose ads appear in every issue of Autocar and Overdrive magazines. He paid Rs 4,800 and recommended me to have one set for my Linea. I started contacting Hot Tracks and the standard reply I got was "3D mats for Fiat Linea are not yet available. Please contact after a month or so".
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-012.jpg Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-013.jpg
Yesterday, when I contacted them, I was surprised to get a positive reply. Yes, 3D mats for Fiat Linea are very much available at a cost of Rs 4,500! So, today, I went in my Linea to Hot Tracks and got her a belated birthday gift!
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-003.jpg Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-004.jpg
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-005.jpg Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-006.jpg
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-007.jpg Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-008.jpg
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-009.jpg Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-010.jpg
Now, cara mia Fiat Linea has good, custom-built, moulded boot and floor mats.
Cara Mia Fiat Linea! EDIT: 71,700 km and sold!-011.jpg
I paid Rs 4,500 by cash. Otherwise, 13% VAT would apply additionally. Now, I feel comfortable and I could shift my feet freely without getting my foot-wear stuck with the mat.

I was informed that the same 3D mats would fit Punto too!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 26th October 2010 at 15:55.
  (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks