Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 15:44   #31
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Congrats Ravi. The car looks awesome. Enjoy beauty fullest.
Thanks a lot, neoonwheels, for your kind wishes.

Old 14th October 2009, 17:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
  • At the time of booking, we indicated Medium Grey colour. But, when the sales executive informed me of VIN, which had the code of EPZ, indicating May 2009, I rejected it. Since my wife also disliked that colour and preferred Fox Trote Azure [FTA], we selected FTA. The only vehicle in FTA in that lot had VIN code of JPZ, indicating September 2009, so I grabbed it.
Can you explain as to how did u decode the EPZ VIN to be of May 2009 and JPZ to be September 2009? Becoz as far as I have googled, it seems that the year 2009 will be denoted as '9'. Please do post details as it might help people like me to understand the VIN better.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 14th October 2009 at 17:08.
Old 14th October 2009, 17:26   #33
BHPian

Congrats mate! Enjoy the beauty.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:00   #34
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congratulations on your purchase Ravi
Can you explain as to how did u decode the EPZ VIN to be of May 2009 and JPZ to be September 2009? Becoz as far as I have googled, it seems that the year 2009 will be denoted as '9'. Please do post details as it might help people like me to understand the VIN better.
Please visit the following postings in technical stuff thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post953089

I learnt from Team BHP that
A stands for January,
B for February,
C for March,
D for April,
E for May,
F for June,
G for July,
H for August,
I omitted because it resembles 1,
J for September,
K for October,
L for November,
M for December [my previous vehicle Maruti Suzuki Versa manufactured in December 2003 had 'M03' code after chassis number].

Apart from this, the tyres have 'Sep 09' markings and the headlamp assemblies have stickers stating that 'Made by Al Mako, Turkiye,20 August 2009 12:00 PM' confirm that my Fiat Linea is indeed September 2009 make!

Similarly, I understand that PZ and QZ refers to year 2009 [confusion prevails as regards to year code as some vehicles have QZ and some PZ for 2009]. I must thank Team BHP since I did thorough research by going through each and every posting connected with Fiat Linea and its competitors for more than 4 months before arriving at my decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Congrats mate! Enjoy the beauty.
Thanks you, fobhaskarm, for your good wishes.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th October 2009 at 18:01.

Old 14th October 2009, 19:08   #35
BHPian

Dear Mr. Ravi
Congratulations on the lovely car and of course color. Wishing you tons of fun drives in and outside the city. Comfortable on long drives too.
Old 14th October 2009, 20:02   #36
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
Dear Mr. Ravi
Congratulations on the lovely car and of course color. Wishing you tons of fun drives in and outside the city. Comfortable on long drives too.
Thanks, PM - B, for your congratulations and good wishes.

Old 16th October 2009, 16:10   #37
J.Ravi

Thanks a lot once again, everybody.

MODERATORS: PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 16th October 2009 at 16:16.

Old 2nd November 2009, 00:38   #38
BHPian

Congrats. I have booked the FTA Emotion Pack Petrol. There are no vehicles in Chennai this far. Am waiting for VST Motors to tell me when my vehicle is coming. Waiting eagerly for it. The colour looks awesome. Just a quick question, I noticed that in your picture of the drivers cockpit, I couldnt make out the deadpedal which is supposed to be there. have you removed it? or was it just hidden?
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Your Italian babe in FTA looks awesome :-)) very nice colour, yet to spot this color Linea on Bangy roads.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:48   #40
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
Congrats. I couldnt make out the deadpedal which is supposed to be there. have you removed it? or was it just hidden?
Thanks, rhenius. The dead pedal is the grey thing located on the left, after the gap and the clutch pedal. Actually, it is not a 'pedal' per se. It is an inclined floor board where you can rest your left foot. It is convenient for highway driving. But, sometimes, it is nuisance too, especially with shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Congrats! Your Italian babe in FTA looks awesome :-)) very nice colour, yet to spot this color Linea on Bangy roads.
Thanks a lot, Latheesh. According to the sales executive, mine was the first one they delivered.

Old 2nd November 2009, 12:24   #41
BHPian

Thanks Ravi, Happy motoring. I am right now looking at all the Linea owner reviews so that I can experience the joy of driving the Linea when I finally take delivery of my FTA 1.4 Emotion pack
Old 17th November 2009, 14:41   #42
J.Ravi

The first niggle in my Fiat Linea.

We visited Mysore during the weekend. After our return to hq, I noticed the the floor-board of the driver and rear right passenger being wet. I knew the root-cause of this problem: The ac drain tube was either clogged or disconnected. So, I took my Fiat Linea to Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, where the mechanic opened side panel on the left of the clutch lever. To my horror, I found the ac drain tube was disconnected and the condensation was seeping through the carpet to the lowest point in the floor-board. He connected the ac drain tube securely, cleaned the tube using compressed air and vacuum-cleaned the entire foot-board area. The entire job was completed in 15 minutes. Now, I can see the condensation dripping on the ground from behind the engine bay through the ac drain tube, when the ac is on.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 17th November 2009 at 14:45.

Old 17th November 2009, 15:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

what did the dealer did in their PDI before delivery then , i guess this must have been taken into notice in their checklist.Good to see its back fitted properly.Do they disconnect this pipe while reaching stockyard, and connect it before delivery???Experts
Old 17th November 2009, 16:55   #44
J.Ravi

vijaythacker: The ac was working alright for more than one month up to the last week-end. I checked the dripping of condensation on the ground many times. I guess the disconnection might have taken place between KRS [Brindavan Gardens] and Srirangapatna, where the road was really bad.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 17th November 2009 at 16:57.

Old 17th November 2009, 17:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Other than this niggle, how was the drive? Please provide some details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks